GOOGLE IS BRINING LINUX GAMING

ALSO AMD HARDWARE. So is linux dead or alive still for most Jow Forums users?

Attached: linuxgaming.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never thought about this. If Developers are going to use Vulkan and target Linux anyway, they will be able to fairly trivially port their games to Linux.
The only thing some of them will miss will be their DRM.

please i hope this happen soon, fuck microshaft

Remember that AMD Navi custom silicon AdoredTV was talking about? It wasn't for the PS5, it was for this.

This is running Vega you fool

>150+ ms input lag
DEAD ON ARRIVAL

>the linux operating system
ganoo freetards btfo

Attached: shite.png (810x810, 492K)

can i get a quick rundown on this new console?

Attached: U0FYldv.webm (720x404, 925K)

Google has the Ryzens and the Vegas.
You rent one and stream the gayman video from it to your $DEVICE.
Good: No need to worry about owning a console.
Bad: You won't ever own anything.

Attached: 1520021672694.jpg (1920x1080, 675K)

STOP WITH THE FUCKING STREAMING MEME.

>streaming videogames

Attached: 20gig.jpg (350x61, 4K)

How do you inspect and improve the source code if the computing is done on a computer you don't own or control?

Attached: 1419563826530.jpg (640x400, 307K)

>data caps

Attached: Hoarse.jpg (88x80, 2K)

why port games to anything when you can just stream them to chrome on any os ever

imagine never putting down your fucking laptop even when youre in some nice place

Except they might be forbidden by contract with google to actually release the games so you could install them.
It's a server. A bajillion servers.
WHO CARES? CLOUD COMPUTING THE THE WAY OF THE FUTURE WHY WOULD I BUILD A $3000 GAMING PC WHEN I COULD LITERALLY GET 4K 60FPS IN ASS CREED ON MY CHROMEBOOK

>20gb per hour
>bad
It's pretty reasonable, I'm from a third world shithole (Brazil) and can easily run that on my network. Are you a capped Amerifat?

xbox has 150ms LOCALLY lmao

The GNU AGLP solves this.
gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html

Great, more botnets.
No. Fuck your botnet, I'll stick with emulators and old games.

Even without a cap, this racks up fast as fuck. Even if you just play one hour per day a month, that's already 600 GB. Now consider gamers who play several hours per day. We're talking about several TB of data per month. Internet providers are going to throttle the everliving shit out of you.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>GOOGLE IS BRINING LINUX GAMING
>can only play a select few of the latest AAA releases
so nothing changed?

Attached: 1552969967586.webm (700x394, 2.55M)

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>the linux operating system

>google
into the trash it goes.
do they really think any *nix user will use their gaming software?

>the Richard Stallman operating system
>Richard/everybody else who worked on it operating system
>RICHARD/LINUS OPERATING SYSTEM
>RICHARDS FRIENDS ACRONYM (GNU (GNU NO UNIX))/OTHERPEOPLE OPERATING SYSTEM
>OR JUST RICHARD FOR SHORT

FUUUUUUUUUUK
the cancer is coming to linux

LINUX IS THE KERNEL YOU NIGGERRRRRRRRRR
THE OS IS GNU

very cool but fuck Google so not very cool