Best IRC channels to hang out in?

Best IRC channels to hang out in?

Attached: 1528829640614-1.jpg (479x503, 54K)

if i told you, there is a chance that it would degrade the quality.

what if you told me then?

it would degrade the quality.

ah, at least I tried.

>IRC channels
>IR fucking C

Attached: YihfJ62.gif (400x227, 321K)

#warez950 @ efnet

Can't find it.

user...It's 2019, IRC is a meme
Use Discord

Attached: 00003.jpg (370x573, 93K)

IRC will be around long after the Dischord meme goes under, or is bought by Fbook.

Attached: 20-ombre-haarfarbe-fur-kurze-haare-59388bb712a19.jpg (500x637, 36K)

>user...It's 2019, IRC is a meme
>Use Discord
you better be trolling, n-word

use Ripcord brainlet

IRC? Which discord server is that?

>tfw feel too old to converse with people i dont know IRL on any instant messaging platform

your just old enough to know how fucking weird it actually is.

back when the internet was less centralized, it felt somewhat innocent or just daringly adventerous to be part of a mutual clique of people. when you got together with people, you're atleast doing something, i dont know exactly what, but there was always something to do and things to explore. maybe actually doing something productive and learning or just collectively provoking people in a more of a less self-aware manner when the internet didnt felt like it had any restraints, or even serious consequences, just pure anonymity amongst people. it brought more of a mystery, it was just fun. and those very circles did have interesting and intelligent people time from time. it was simply the ultimate form of escapsim from reality itself. it felt like going into a different world in which to do such things was more appropiate, now thats not the case anymore, as now the whole world is on here

the internet is now a commericalized shitshow and is in the process of being formed into something entirely for the smartphone demographic. normies have brought their problems and dull interests for us to be burdended with the reminder of such and also have the horrifying ability for their opinions to reach great numbers of other braindead cunts. the zoomers are on platforms that have no regards to privacy, and being on which are usually centred on ewhores to gain their dopamine rush from a bunch of thristy betas or any kind of hypersexualised least productive activity which seems the main thing for discord users on Jow Forums. its unfortunate for the kids of today, since the internet is sadly their only reliable source for some kind of interaction(as inversely for us as it was a way to get away from people) now to be exposed to the political madness and outright sickness of a broken generation does them no good. im just glad i didnt growup with a smartphone in my hand or to be apart of this internet which seems as if theres really nothing to do than to further decay

Better question: are there any interesting Matrix servers out there?

Beat it old man.

>2019
>no javascript-less chan
>irc dying

why live

to be or not to be, that's the question

You should never tell internet people of cool hang out spots. I've had literal chans turned to shit by mentioning them. It goes from a unique small chill hang out into another shitty Jow Forums shitposting place. The average normalnigger ruins every community. Why you think reddit sucks so much? Cause once normalniggers find out where the cool people go, they come over to act quirky and then being their normalnigger activity over.

IRC has literally no regard to privacy.

the big networks yes. however there were a ton of community self-hosted ones with chill people, of course they can log, but your lack of privacy didnt mean serious consequence. or even have your own box running an ircd wasnt too rare if it was worthwhile enough, depending on what you did back then too. id rather say something not so politically correct on efnet almost 20 years ago than saying it on discord where a 19 year old diaperfur sjw mod can read everything i said and log program usage on my computer. not to mention all these centralised platforms are in bed with the glow in the darks. knowing the impending far left facist state in the west, especially in my country, all of what said on these platforms could eventually be death sentence for those of a differing view.

Tl;dr: join some tranny discord's and get teenagers calling you daddy and then random ghost all of them.

sauce pls

What's matrix?

##javascript

#casualconversation on snoonet.

lurk moar.

#Jow Forums on rizon

>n-word
Nigger

I'm not faggot

You can always list channels and pick the one you like.

Discord will die someday, IRC is eternal

IRC is a mental ward as much as discord is.
avoid

#homescreen @ rizon
people with % are the worst faggots there tho, all bully

>find something you like
>find IRC for that topic
>???
How hard was that?

Attached: perplexed AQN.jpg (279x307, 49K)

>snoonet

Attached: leddit.gif (350x232, 461K)

Is there a project that allows you to set up irc servers in the same way you set up discord servers? Setting up an irc server is a difficult task, where as I can set up a discord server in a few minutes. While I don't have absolute control over an irc channel, I have absolute control over a discord server.

>>find something you like
>>find IRC for that topic
>>???
>How hard was that?
If only it were that easy
t. Infosec autist

Jow Forumstrack irc

>Setting up an irc server is a difficult task
if you can set up a web server you can set up an irc server

irc.madirc.net #elite

IRC made sense when there was no reliable and cheap group chat that was also more interactive than email at newsgroups. Today there is no advantage of using it over other communication methods.

Don't go here

#baot on rizon

Anything without (You).

then how do you find those small cliques? Jow Forums is a shithole, I would love to lurk a small chan, if those still exist

Yeah try saying 'basedboy' there