Why is Jow Forums the only website that works with near zero WiFi connection?

Why is Jow Forums the only website that works with near zero WiFi connection?

Attached: 1552469229662.jpg (959x959, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.4cdn.org/g/thread/70229624.json
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean it's pretty obvious. There's not much data that needs to be transfered. It's a static html page mostly comprised of text and small thumbnails.

hiroshima pays off all the big isp's to give Jow Forums(nel) priority over other network traffic

This.

this
hiro and Jow Forums also own more than 50% share of the internet media bandwidth

Press F12, go to the Network tab and Ctrl+F5 your browser.
See how little data is required to refresh the page without using any cached data. That's why.
Even with the Javascript bloat on top, Jow Forums is extremely lean.

and it's running on localhost

This isn't Jow Forums.

Who said it was?

OP did

it really is beautiful in its simplicity and minimalism. this is a lost art

Where? On my screen it says
>Why is Jow Forums the only website that works with near zero WiFi connection?

aw shit nigga dat boxxy?

Cause you dont have to download 10+ big js files from all over the internet with accompanying assets, then to communicate with an ad network to download the latest ad whilst sending telemetry back to the ad network.

What about other imageboards then?

What about them?

Do they have a similar footprint as Jow Forums/nel?

It's going to depend on a lot of different factors. If I make a board that has 2x the threads per page and every posts contains a video that autoplays, then it's going to be bad news.
Likewise if I have a highly complicated board that relies mostly on client side features and pulls in gigabytes of javascript, or embedds ads, etc.

Most likely don't have any of that by default.

If you do Ctrl+Shift+I on your own thread, you'll find that its basically like 3-5KB of data. If you go to the Jow Forums catalog and pull up the dev console and do a refresh (and don't hover your mouse over any thumbnails), you'll find that it even with all the images and all the text, the total data being loaded is around 3.3-3.5MB.

Unless you're running a 56K connection, any basic LTE data package will load that in a second on your computer. Less than a second if you have a really good network connection. Unlike the rest of the internet, which is bloated as fuck and shoved to kingdom come with js scripts and tracking cookies and ads fucking galore, Jow Forums is EXTREMELY light weight. The only thing even more light weight than this place, is fucking IRC.

Who is that semen demon?

I’d like to see a black man breed her

Veela

Infinity is even lighter weight and you don’t need JS enabled. Also while they have captcha, they serve it themselves and it’s very very rare to get one.

Glowniggers run it just like they do this site but it is much better for privacy.

This is the proof than modern web is trash and old school web design perform better

I think that's Veela, what the fuck happened to her?

Attached: 5F926BAF-9178-4D6F-B8E8-95A3DDAFA4D4.jpg (302x225, 12K)

Any modern website is a cluster fuck of Js

Damn Veela turned out into such a disgusting fat pig. She used to be really beautiful

Why is Veela so perfect.

if you use imageboard's api with userscript.
for example, this is all the data (apart from images and videos posted by anons) you need to render this thread a.4cdn.org/g/thread/70229624.json

She looks like a crackwhore

She is

Going along with this, the less bandwidth you use, the less hiroshimoot has to pay for. That it works well with a shit connection is just an added bonus.
I wonder how much he could save by making the API binary instead of JSON, but at this point it's probably trivial in comparison to images / thumbnails.
Maybe one of those fancy new image formats?

Jow Forums is like a trans son. He may call himself 4channel, but he'll always remain Jow Forums in my heart.

Just try to keep it low as an user. If you have a big image on your phone, convert it with tinyjpg first or use photoshop. An image on here should almost never have to exceed 1mb.

Hit the wall.

>text uses fuckall bandwidth
>discussion boards still got killed
Shit sucks.

>json query from API in
10.6 kb
>image in
12 kb
>image in
125 kb
Total: ~148 kb
This thread is actually pretty healthy, storage-wise. The first post I clicked in /gif/ is 15 times as large as this entire thread.

So that’s where all the ad and pass money is going, here I thought he was spending it all on blow and hookers

Attached: F423A45E-F3C5-4999-88F6-2E846B9F35E4.jpg (1242x1232, 969K)

still lighter than most sites

Scripts and stylesheets are cached too so you only nees to download them once.