WHAT THE FUCK GUYS, WHY HASN'T ANYONE SUED SAMSUNG/APPLE FOR THIS SHIT

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS, WHY HASN'T ANYONE SUED SAMSUNG/APPLE FOR THIS SHIT

Attached: CELL PHONE.jpg (964x821, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763825/#S2-11title
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The more Russians win the Darwin award the better.

>all involving girls

Attached: dd.png (548x666, 361K)

I assume the phones were plugged in? No way a smartphone alone can fry you to death

Cause the phone isn't electrocuting them, the wall outlet is.

>electrocution
>from a 5v phone charger
"no"

ur next, dumb little girl

Reminder that idiots like these are why phone manufacturers justify sealing in the battery to "further waterproof" your phone.

Jesus, they don't have gfci outlets in Russia? What the fuck third world shithole is this?

I'll take cheap chinkshit for $1000, Alex.

>It's low volt therefor it's not possible

This, something doesn't add up.

Are you implying chinks have somehow developed 26/28 AWG wires that can transfer 120V AC without vaporizing?

Even with wet skin you still have 1,000 ohms of resistance and 5V/1,000 ohms = 5 milliamps right?

All of these instances involved people who would do stupid shit like run an extension cord from another room, bypassing the breakers in the bathroom itself

If your feet don't touch the drain you're safer from electrocution in water than outside of it. You're not an easy path to ground.

Assuming Russia has GFI code for their bathrooms is very nice of you user.

>Sitting in a tub of your own filth instead of showering like a normal person
Seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Attached: 1542264183818.png (378x320, 363K)

Good thing the only part of me to ever touch the drain is my balls. :^P

Girls still do that you fagmuffin, why do you think your sister takes like 1 fucking hour to "take a shower"?

Not quite there tex. When your in water your body acts like a parallel resistor.

Bro I've been electrocuted by a 5000uf capacitor charged up to 5kvdc before. They didn't die from a fucking phone.

you take a bath then shower afterwards

are you fucking new

oh no

You have to be really fucking stupid to drop your phone in the bathtub though.
No shit they were plugged in.

That's 5 volts between positive and negative. It might be more like 120 volts referenced to actual ground if it was a shitty Chinese charger.

Just because it's 5V between the + and - wires on the charger doesn't mean it's 5V between the charger and the ground.

There's plenty of stuff like this out there:
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0

Attached: mpv-shot0010.png (1280x720, 811K)

It's fine because she's a girl (male)

based tech company removing roasties

Attached: 1526889864092.jpg (800x800, 106K)

Blocks your... Actually no.
Allows current to flow from hot to ground via body.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319_231028.png (741x436, 255K)

tl;dr for absolute mongs pls

Attached: 1543284106651.jpg (750x523, 33K)

Anything cheap and shitty that plugs into mains power can kill you, including phone chargers. Especially if you use them while in the bath.

Thanks m8, deleting wish.com rn.

This can't happen in the USA because we have GFI (ground fault interrupt) outlets in our bathrooms. If a short is detected a circuit breaker inside the outlet is tripped and the outlet is disabled quicker than a person can be electrocuted to death.

All switch mode power supplies (SMPS for short) have interference capacitor, which is designed to reduce radio emissions of SMPS. It is connected between primary (hot) and secondary (low voltage) side. Its capacity is very low, so it normal conditions it won't give you a shock, since current will be very, very low.
All good SMPSs have designated capacitor, which will become open circuit in case of failure, while cheap garbage uses whatever junk is cheaper, which might fail short circuit, which will connect 110-220V to the output, providing needful shock.
Also, cheap SMPS have horrible insulation in transformer (50 microns of lacquer are separating 220V and 5V), and they have horrible insulation on PCB (less than 1 mm between 220V and 5V).
Don't forget, that those happened in bathroom, where it is humid. Water splash might short primary to secondary, increasing current to lethal levels.

In other word, SMPS with two prongs aren't safe in wet areas. Three-prong SMPS, where output is grounded, are safer.

Russia have RCD (jn code), they are 30mA, and they work, I tested accidentally.

>In other word, SMPS with two prongs aren't safe in wet areas. Three-prong SMPS, where output is grounded, are safer.
This. Almost all phone chargers are 2 prong.

Indeed. Is it so difficult, to add ground pin on charger?
>US
Size will be more-less the same
>UK
Pin is already there
>EU
Fuck EU tho, however, Italy may have ground without adding too much plastic
>Aussie
Fuck them too.

Thanks but one more thing is still really bothering me: the wire from cheap chinkshit chargers is usually 28/26 AWG. How can wire that thin conduct 220v long enough to electrocute someone to death?

I assumed it would just melt milliseconds after the short happened.

The only way I can see you getting electrocuted in a bath with a phone is, if it has a conductive case, you hold it with a wet hand and you have a cheap chink charger that leaks mains into it's output.
Plausible, easily.

>Are you implying chinks have somehow developed 26/28 AWG wires that can transfer 120V AC without vaporizing?
You don't need much, 20mA of mains will easily fuck up your heart. Specially if you touch it with a wet hand, aka holding a phone, submerged in grounded water with the rest of your body.

This is actually proof of false advertisement... assuming it wasn't plugged in.

I've pulled 3amps from a 5v voltage regulator before. Why do you think this wouldn't kill?

Russians would barely have breakers in the house, let alone in a room.

>5v

2010 called, they want their phone chargers back

Listen buddy, me and you know the truth, these autistic "techies" that can't even comprehend voltage will never get it.

apple doesn't even have ground on their macbook pro chargers, so you get zapped every time you touch it while it's plugged in.

Because resistance, even in water you have like 1K ohms to get through. 5V = 5 milliamps. The only way you can die from a 5V power supply is if like 100 amps went through it and melted your skin off to expose tissue underneath and even then that may not kill you.

Why anyone does this is beyond me to begin with. I've assumed that always about mains power. They teach you this in primary schools in Australia. Hell they teach you how to save people from such situations (protip, don't touch them or you'll just another death).
Hell they "proved" this to us on camp by letting us touch an electric fence while holding hands.

>the wire from cheap chinkshit chargers is usually 28/26 AWG. How can wire that thin conduct 220v long enough to electrocute someone to death?
Current is low, thus cable doesn't melt. 28 AWG wire can pass 14A for short period of time, which is more than enough to kill.
>I assumed it would just melt milliseconds after the short happened.
Electricity is faster anyway. All you need is to disrupt heartbeat.
I know, I fucking hate it. It give me a shock every time I touch aluminium case.
I don't understand why apple loves to use very high capacity interf. caps..

Especially with cables that break commonly, such as charger cables.

>Even with wet skin you still have 1,000 ohms of resistance and 5V/1,000 ohms = 5 milliamps right?

between 5 and 10 mA a woman will drown

Attached: mamps.png (389x243, 19K)

>14a can kill
Holy hotdog Christ, no it fucking can't. 5v @14a, you will not even get shocked.

Jesus fuck, for a technology board you're all fucking retarded.

Let me ask you this, then: a car battery is able to handle, what, 100a? 200? Good Li Ion batteries can handle 20, 30 amps. You will NOT get shocked by them, the voltage is too low.

>Why anyone does this is beyond me to begin with.
It's easy to think that since USB charging cables are 5V, they should be safe. Not many people are aware that it can be both 5V across the pins and 230V from the pins to ground.

>28 AWG wire can pass 14A for short period of time
>All you need is to disrupt heartbeat.
Well that fucking sucks

He's talking about cheap chinkship chargers that pass mains 220 AC mains current through the usb wires.

Isn't the correct way to safe people kicking them?

You're looking at closer to 300 ohms, actually, which would be ~16mA.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763825/#S2-11title
It's very possible for a girl to die from that, especially if you consider drowning as opposed to electrocution.

If there's a wall charger involved, and they don't have circuit breakers, they're probably fucked. It's not hard to reverse bias a diode to short the circuit from Vac to common.

So how many amps would be needed to kill a person with 5G (24 to 90 gigahertz) network EM radiation?

Attached: 1540783198319.png (447x447, 91K)

They usually die because the charger is connected to an extension cord and that cord is damaged or something

Any chinkshit charger that does this has malfunctioned or was built to injure.

Also, assuming your charger NEVER touched a ground prior to using it in a bathtub is silly.

The only way this is feasible is if people use an extension cord , have the adapter near the water and drop it in.

Depends on the situation. We had a "pool" situation to explain it to us and that has no other solution really.

no

1) stay away
2) turn off the power if it is safe to do so
3) call the fire department

there was a nice graphic which I can't find right now, but suffice to say that under the right condition walking instead of running can kill you. (i.e. potential between your front and rear leg is big enough to cause a significant current to rise in your central region )

so if you don't know exactly what you're dealing with, when in any doubt, do not save them.

wavelength too short to induce a potential in a human

you can cook them like a chicken in a microwave but you can't electrocute them.

It only induces currents in metals which is how wireless charging works. If exposed to a direct beam of hundreds of watts of 5G radiation it would cook you from the inside out much like how a microwave works.

>Any chinkshit charger that does this has malfunctioned or was built to injure.
It's pretty common.

>The only way this is feasible is if people use an extension cord , have the adapter near the water and drop it in.
No. It's very possible for there to be 230V/110V between the USB pins and the ground.

Yeah but we're talking heaps of 5G towers here. How many watts would it take to kill a person, or is it just the amps?

Attached: the_fool.jpg (742x700, 139K)

I see a lot of people throwing "ground" around like it's the same thing as common or neutral.
Current doesn't flow from the hot / voltage source (+) to ground. Current flows in loops: it tries its best to take the path of least resistance and goes from hot / voltage source (+) to common / neutral / voltage source (-).
Typically ground will be shorted to common. The primary purpose of ground is to reduce electrostatic interference and floating commons. This has the side effect of creating paths of low resistance from hot / V (+) to ground. But I cannot stress how important it is to understand that you can not always count on ground being present, much less shorted to common.

And then you have fun applications where common isn't 0v but 100v or 1000v. Thankfully you probably aren't going to come across those as a general consumer.

>Are you implying chinks have somehow developed 26/28 AWG wires that can transfer 120V AC without vaporizing?
You can pass much higher AC voltages over a wire than you can DC. Weren't you taught this in school?

This literally made news for happening in USA last year I think.

I phonepost from the bath all the time, and I always am concerned about dropping it in the water. I never charge it in that time.
tfw no waterproof laptop

5V can not kill you unless you literally take some electrodes, jab them into your heart, and apply 5V directly across the heart. On wet or dry skin 5VDC and 5Vrms AC at any frequency will not under any circumstances kill you.

Now, here's how people die. Phone chargers are plugged into the mains. Just because they output 5V doesn't mean that mains voltage doesn't exist. Phone chargers typically use off line flyback converters and the primary side will be live at 120V/240V. In good power supplies there's usually very good isolation between primary and secondary. There's plenty of separation between the primary and secondary coils on the transformer core and there's usually anti-tracking slots cut into the board. Feedback is accomplished via opto-isolator or a feedback winding on the transformer which is also properly isolated from the other windings. Now if this isolation is broken or compromised whether it be because it's a cheap chink power supply or whether it be due to user stupidity then you can contact mains voltage.

Also consider that a lot of these people charging phones in the bath might have their charger on an extension cord since most building codes prevent electrical outlets from being too close to tubs. If someone grabs a cord that's possibly frayed with wet hands that can electrocute them or if they're a retard and pull the part with the charger plugged in into the bath, let's say by accident. Whatever the case it's always mains responsible for killing someone. Not 5V. If you don't believe me feel free to take a charged battery bank into the bath with you and be prepared to be amazed when you don't die.

you're just trying to break the circuit while avoiding becoming part of the circuit. You could become part of the circuit via your foot depending on circumstances.

>5V can not kill you unless you literally take some electrodes, jab them into your heart, and apply 5V directly across the heart.
You're forgetting the context, user. Electrocution is not the only way to die here. 5V can definitely cause you to lose enough muscular control to drown in a bath.

based tobyposter

Source?

for cleaning, you shower first then bathe, as you will have no filth to stew in
for relaxation, you bathe then shower, as you only need to get whatever clung to you off

because washing and drying hair takes time
t. guy with long hair

i don't take that long, she's probably shaving herself as well to take that long

>1,000 ohms of resistance
Resistance or Impedance?

Attached: 1549729271199.png (1014x720, 1.02M)

They do, providing you use the "extension" cable (pic related), which isn't even included with the laptop or individual charger anymore.

Attached: MK122_GEO_AU.jpg (1144x1144, 80K)

>Even with wet skin you still have 1,000 ohms of resistance and 5V/1,000 ohms = 5 milliamps right?

No not really. Even assuming the impedance of your body is 1kΩ wet which is a fair assumption if the charger was in the water it forms a complex series/parallel resistance network with the surrounding water. The charger will most likely not be putting out full rated current into the water because even though the resistance is relatively low it's a much higher load than the lithium ion battery the charger is expecting so the current will be way down, probably under 50mA. This 50mA is then divided among the different parallel networks formed in the water with the most current flowing through whichever network is lowest impedance all networks join at the ground reference, in this case it'll be at the GND node on the USB which is isolated from both the neutral and earth. In such a circumstance even though the body's resistance is a low 1kΩ very little current flows through the body because there are many other paths, some lower impedance for the current to flow through.

Hundreds of it, something you'll never see from 5G towers because they're designed to be as energy efficient as possible. Worst case scenario is you stand right next to one and receive 5W 5GHz output and your skin starts to feel warm.

That said there have been burns and deaths from microwave radiation but usually because some ultra mega sick fuck put a baby in a microwave that pumps out 600-1000W of concentrated microwave radiation.

>"There are several cases of child abuse where an infant or child has been placed in a microwave oven. The typical feature of such injuries are well-defined burns on the skin nearest to the microwave emitter, and histology examination shows higher damage extent in tissues with high content of water (e.g., muscles) than in tissues with less water (e.g., adipose tissue)."

>"Also, there have been three alleged infant deaths caused by microwave ovens.[18][19][20] In all these cases, the babies were placed within microwaves and died of subsequent injuries."

Not IT CAN'T.

wet skin = 1,000 ohms or 5 milliamps

However 220v ac can easily jab you with 200+ milliamps of current with wet skin

I never dry my hair after I take a shower. What are you, gay?

t. goy with long hair

>needful
Stop saying this india

i don't use a hair-dryer or anything, but i do try to make it as dry as i can with a towel so it doesn't drip all over my shirt

Resistance is DC resistance only. Impedance is the vector sum of DC resistance, capacitive reactance, and inductive reactance.

In a purely resistive network resistance and impedance are equal but in any other network that has capacitive and or inductive elements they are not.

You should use impedance for electrical human body models because you're dealing with AC and because the human body does have something like a few 100pF of parasitic capacitance on average which is not trivial.

>using your phone near water

Watch out, we got Tony Stark over here!

>not using your ip67 rated phone to fap in the shower
I've also got an isolation transformer, so I can user my charger for longer sessions, it gives me the longevity that a battery pack can't give me.

You do no baths alone have been proven to get your cleaner than showers. It's the soaking and the hydrodynamic as you unsubmerge. Shower folk are gross and stupid.

>This can't happen in the USA because we have GFI (ground fault interrupt) outlets in our bathrooms
Lots of older houses don't have these because they weren't invented/standard yet
Lots of cheaper houses also don't have them because the developer didn't feel like paying for it

There was also a case of a girl who was "killed by her phone charger" that turned out to have been caused by her having touched a faulty extension cord.

>women/DC/pain with voluntary muscle control maintained
>up to 41 mA
Not to mention that you aren't directly touching the positive and negative leads if you drop a phone into the water so most of the current will flow through the water and not through your body.

Attached: file.png (1324x1313, 419K)

гpyбo

so only a fraction of the current will go through me

what the fuck why would anyone bath with a cellphone plus when it's being charged, what the absolute fuck, glad you are dead.

Where tf did you find a capacitor that can store 1/3 the energy of an average laptop battery? Did it happen at work?

why don't you sue the toaster company for bathing with a toaster

Attached: 1481746843394.png (400x389, 48K)

>Lots of cheaper houses also don't have them because the developer didn't feel like paying for it

That's impossible, regulations require them to.

>not fapping naked in bed

Just because there is an Earth pin on plug doesn't mean it is Earthed or even connected to anything, even if the product is legitimate.
It's more likely to just be double insulated.

Isn't the Sun a parody site?

>you can not always count on ground being ... shorted to common
Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldn't the literal ground need to return to neutral, for example?