Why haven't you turned your shitty old computer into an Android yet? It's clearly the best option...

Why haven't you turned your shitty old computer into an Android yet? It's clearly the best option. It's literally made to run on 4 and 7 watt processors with a gig of ram.

Inb4 "muh Google spies watchin me" STFU we all know you use an Android phone.

Attached: 20190319_194315.jpg (1131x571, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsOnAndroid#toc5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

www.android-x86.org

It's a set of open source ROMs for stock versions of Android to run on Intel and AMD arhitectures. Modified kernels based on Linux kernels. 8.1 Oreo is working orgasmically well.

Can andoid run emacs?

Yes
emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsOnAndroid#toc5

because actual linux/windows for PC are way more usbale. Its android, its ok for phones but sorely lacking when used as a desktop OS.Also because I begrudgingly use android doesn't mean I want to use it on PC's

tried android x86 on a Ryzen APU with 32GB of RAM, feels like running Windows 95 on a Pentium 4

sounds good, doesn't work

What Linux distro will run smoother and use less resources than even stock Oreo let alone say Marshmallow? It's the best for Über potatoes and Rassberry Pi's.

Its linux.

Discord and Jow Forums work great, what more do you want?

Because my old computer already does everything I need it to do and I have other hobby projects

>It's the best for Über potatoes and Rassberry Pi's.
how can you be this objectively wrong? Have you even used a linux distribution past android x86 at all? And if so, tell me what can you run on android x86 that you cant run on a normal linux distribution that isn't googled to all hell? ill wait

Who would willingly use a gimped OS on a desktop? That's worse than running Windows RT.

>Discord
tranny shit
>Jow Forums
shit shit

I like it personally for old hardware that has trouble with a lack of RAM or as a secondary boot to accomplish things more easily than BlueStacks. Sometimes you just need an Android™ machine.

why the fuck would I do that when there are lighter and better OS's that were actually developed for computers to choose from?

Like literally any of them, I don't even think that dumbed down Facebook toy garbage would boot on some of my systems I'm using as servers with standard Linux.

>Run this glorified java emulator
No thanks, Pajeet.

I didn't know this board was so infested with boomers. It's not like Android doesn't have a console and a file manager and networking capability.

I don't use an Android phone, and even if I did, you're much better off running Debian with LXDE or a very minimal WM.

Yeah, but it's not optimized for desktop use. You sound like a Google shill.

Windows 3.11 has all that too. What's your point?

Windows 3.11 has no drivers

>It's clearly the best option.
if you don't value stability

>No way to use a less bloated desktop environment
>No way to natively compile software for the OS
>Software is designed for touch interfaces
No thanks.

That's not the point, genius. It doesn't matter what features Android has. The fact is that it's a mobile OS and isn't meant to be used on the desktop. If you want to use it there, go ahead, but stop acting like it's superior to actual desktop OSes that were designed for this task.

Because I can install lightweight Linux and run a shitty useless DE for it if I really want?

Tiny Core Linux will run on a Pentium MMX with 64 megs of RAM.

it's the best option if you flunked out of highschool

Because Linux and even Windows 10 x86 is lighter.

All wrapped up in a shitty bulky touch interface optimized for unitasking web apps.

I do not carry a cell phone, when I need to make a call I use a payphone or borrow someone else's phone.

Isn't android a real pain to operate with mouse and keyboard? At least it does feel so when I use the combo connected to an otg hub

Attached: 1551486269951.gif (350x409, 437K)

I have an acquaintance that does this. It’s annoying as fuck, just get a brick phone and keep the battery out until you need to use it.

A lot of apps require a touchscreen.

That's what I thought. Otherwise OP's idea would be fine for pure Google docs productivity. I tried to turn an old 2in1 into a productivity machine and mouse didn't help much.

Should I turn an old laptop with an adreno to an android one? That shit barely runs WinXP or even lubuntu

I tried a few forms since they were easy to install dual boot and windows 10 is slow as shit on my computer. It has some nice features and I liked using clover on my desktop but it's justnot made for a computer. Mouse lacking functionality, no easy way to run more than one window, no decent browser made for mouse control and so on and so on.

Why pajeets love android so much
I'm fine with lubuntu desu it's just werks

Because then it will become even more useless.

it's useless.
you can't use it to run 99% of android apps because theyre arm and this is x86

this is useless. its more useless than the shittiest smartphone

None of the apps available for android arm work on x86 android.

And by none I mean >99%

Everything works out of the box, stop spreading bullshit. Even native ARM binaries work with houdini under the hood.

Attached: 1548838038369.png (600x600, 100K)

oh gee that's great, it's like having a giant phone or tablet that's no longer mobile and can't do half the shit you can do on a proper computer, just what I always wanted.

Because I can't connect a printer to it.

Attached: 1552316253488.jpg (726x1024, 53K)

it doesnt even start in my laptop

Loonix oir not a linux distro but TempleOS.

God help me.

are you retarded

how can you be on Jow Forums and be so fucking tech illiterate, a "proper" computer lol wtf, there is NOTHING a desktop pc can do that Android can't

alright, I'll download it and try it out on my testing lappy (memepad x201). Will keep you guys posted.

Seriously? The mouse can be used for that, there are no apps that won't allow mouse input to simulate touch...

You probably didn't change your dpi to give room for desktop like operation

Months ago I saved a 10+ year old iMac from recycling. Turned it into a xubuntu machine.

wrong... Android apps work just fine lol

>What Linux distro will run smoother and use less resources than even stock Oreo let alone say Marshmallow?
Any 32bit Linux distro (depending on your processor) with openbox, lxde, lxqt or xfce.

Attached: 1551825415888.png (640x1317, 696K)

Its a great idea actually. I have an exact model in the photo sitting in a dispose pile... Cheap as shit media box.

Alright, lets see a webm of you running Adobe CC on your android install

> with a gig of ram
With a whole gigabyte of RAM? Nope, I'd rather use Linux or even Windows and have a functional PC.

> running Adobe sissy on 1024 megabytes of RAM
Try that with any OS.

followed instructions on the website, still won't boot
just stick to xubuntu for old lappies guys

How is this better than running linux with a lightweight DE/WM to watch Netflix, YT and use spotify? That's what I use my old Athlon X2 with 2.5gb ddr2 ram for.
srs question

Why do you watch this fag?

His Deskmini A300 videos I watched and then some of his pi content and this came up in my recommended so I stole the nice looking screenshot from it so I didn't have to use the Android robot with x86 on his chest as the pic for this thread

Haiku (and ReactOS) exists you know

> we hate android linux
> we love windows
/thread

Then put it on your main pc. The claim was android can do anything a desktop pc can, which blatantly false

Actual desktop Linux is 100x more useful. Android x86 ports are buggy and unstable. Now go back.

Attached: 1552782479255.png (1000x1000, 76K)

yeah, but it is not exactly easy to set up for the average normie boomer retard

No encryption support and I don't want to put in the effort of using third party encryption.

They worked on my Zenfone 2

Neither is installing Android onto a computer. They'll just keep using XP on it instead.

I tried it out on a VM a year or so ago
It performed like shit
Has it gotten any better?