How to Thinkpad owners even compete?

How to Thinkpad owners even compete?

Attached: trackpadlets.jpg (2736x1494, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3072776/macbook-users-have-taken-to-giving-oral-relief-to-frustrated-keyboards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dunno about you but I like using my computers out of the freezer.

Attached: Premiere-Pro[1].png (639x547, 375K)

daaaamnnnnn thinkpad keyboards look like that?!!!!

maxipads are garbage tho

By having a functioning keyboard

Attached: 2019_03_19_19_40_39_The_new_MacBook_keyboard_is_ruining_my_life_The_Outline.jpg (1728x934, 128K)

How do Gaybook owners even compete?

Attached: trackpointlets.jpg (2736x1494, 613K)

Yeeeah! Youteell theeemmy frieeend!
-posteeeed with a mbp keeeeeeyboard

I love Thinkpads but whoever decided that the print screen button should be in the place of right Win/Super is a nutjob.

trying to use nipple
inadvertently brush hand against overly huge pad

I feel they originally had it removed altogether and some higher up said "we NEED the print screen key!" resulting in the menu key getting the axe and the print screen key being put in such odd location.

with the chad TrackPoint(TM)

I remap whatever key is there to Right-Win anyway, but when I dock my work Thinkpad, my full sized keyboard's Print Screen button is an extra Windows button.
But I think you're right. I did a Google search for it and apparently the only confusion was that people couldn't find Print Screen at all in its new location.

They should have been more ambitious. They should have gotten rid of the useless Fn key entirely and used all that space above F1-F12 to just add an extra row of buttons that performs those actions without requiring the extra keypress.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1549512693449.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

Well, ours don't require blowjobs to work, so there's that.
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3072776/macbook-users-have-taken-to-giving-oral-relief-to-frustrated-keyboards

How indeed?

Attached: trackpads are all shit.jpg (2736x1494, 368K)

You need to know how to suck cock to own a macbook pro

Attached: 1553023577253.png (930x1600, 615K)

macbook trackpad is a pain in the rear end. i used one for the first time a week ago. my cousin is a normie who let me use his

Attached: [Special Clips] GFRIEND In Taiwan-4qiUIGdTrSU-[08.44.591-08.46.626].webm (1920x1080, 2.01M)

>I love Thinkpads but whoever decided that the print screen button should be in the place of right Win/Super is a nutjob.

Uh, just remap it?

>trying to use nipple
>inadvertently brush hand against overly huge pad

Uh, just turn off the trackpad?

>They should have gotten rid of the useless Fn key entirely and used all that space above F1-F12 to just add an extra row of buttons that performs those actions without requiring the extra keypress.

Uh, that's how my most recent Thinkpad was, out of the box. I just remapped all
of those little symbol keys to F1-F12 though.

The 2016+ MBP's trackpad is far too large. The 2009-2015 size is ergonomically superior.

>Uh, that's how my most recent Thinkpad was, out of the box. I just remapped all
>of those little symbol keys to F1-F12 though.
No it's not. The t420/t520 keyboard was working towards that direction but then they fucked it up.
The point is: I want to be able to press F1-F12. I want to be able to control the volume and brightness. Yet I do not want to have to press Fn for either of them. I think they should be entirely different buttons.
I want the Fn key to be gone entirely.

The chad centered around the spacebar trackpad vs. the virgin uncentered mess trackpad

By not having soldered RAM, soldered SSD, soldered wifi, glued in battery, and riveted keyboard that physically can't not fail.

>using nuThinkpad

To be clear, I want something roughly like this.

Attached: imprvoed-laptop-keyboard.png (1550x580, 612K)

>no physical buttons for mouse or F1-F12

Attached: medium.jpg (300x300, 54K)

lol, where did the Fn key go?

Fucking gone! It's a useless key.

Why is Jow Forums obsessed with thinkpads, can anyone explain to me?

They r gud and cheap if bought used.

What makes them good?

Spill proof keyboards with drains. Dockingstation ports. Great keyboards with actual travel (compared to e.g. these Macbook pros). You can get detailed disassembly instructions from IBM/Lenovo and are in fact able to disassemble everything with normal philips screwdrivers (referring to Macbooks here too). Only very few models have soldered CPU or RAM. The trackpoint mouse is in my opinion way superior to a touchpad.
Surely there's a lot more, but these are just to name a few things that are great about Thinkpads.

Attached: 1549917947101.png (303x279, 18K)

By using the nub?

Only problem is that Lenovo thinks Thinkpad owners would really want a Macbook so they make them thinner and with a worse keyboard and starting to solder things. In reality people want IBM Thinkpads with modern insides.

There are still solid models like the P50 and so on if it fits your usecase. I also disagree with Ultra Low Power (ULV) meme processors and muh thin.

My ideal laptop would be a Surface Book with the detachable screen and pen support but also with a T420 keyboard with the nipple mouse.

>surface
is it thinkpad-tier?
can it run linux?

The ThinkPad X1 Tablet 3rd gen has almost all of that, only missing the t420 keyboard.

I have the small X230 and was thinking of getting the Ryzen version A285 but it doesn't have a removable battery and the RAM is soldered. It's also a little too thin to have a decent travel keyboard. I just have to keep using my current one until they stop fucking things up. It might take a while.

Wait, there is no trackpoint on Macbook?!

It's not really the same market as Thinkpads, the detachable screen and such are for art shit and it's way more expensive. But it can run Linux. Apparently there is a modified Linux kernel optimized for surface devices.

It looks cool, but it's also missing (which I forgot to mention) the dedicated GPU.

>Lenovo thinks Thinkpad owners would really want a Macbook
Proof: see T490. At this rate we're all doomed.

Ultra Zoom though

Just give it another button at the top. There's so much space up there.

I use a laptop

I have a Thinkpad 25 and I like it fine, but it’s hardly a Thinkpad. I prefer the T43.

Same desu (X230 owner too). Almost bought a T440p but it's a huge monster in comparison.
In the end I just made the full switch to Linux because it performs way better than on Windows 10. I'll keep it for a few more years now for sure.

I have a T450S and its been my favorite laptop I've ever owned
16:10 masterrace too

>T450S
>16:10
uh

This is how they compete

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-071551_Clover_dev.png (1449x2048, 855K)

I'm also fine with X230 but I just want an upgrade path. Also after Intel fuckups I want an AMD version next. I might have to go A485 even though I enjoy the 12" models more. If they will fix the A285 in the next generation or even after that I can wait, my laptop is working fine. I just don't see them fixing their horrible mistakes in the future either.

I'd buy the shit out of this. The Fn button needs to die. I hate it.

The nipple mouse does mean the trackpad on Thinkpad is woefully undersized.

No picture, but additionally, i want a keyboard just like the ~T510.

based

ThinkPads have good keyboard, yet absolutely shitty touchpad.
MacBooks have shitty keyboard, and OK touchpad.

Can't we just remove touchpad from fagbook and screw in on thinkpad?

like shid?

And yeah, nipple sucks, since it has too short travel to my taste, but it is better in flight simulators, than touchpad.

Glad somebody else understands.

Based