Redpill me on a "computer information systems" degree. Is it shit compared to CS...

redpill me on a "computer information systems" degree. Is it shit compared to CS? it's accredited by both ABET and AACSB if that even matters. What's the best tech education for somebody who doesn't love programming?

Attached: lead_720_405.jpg (720x405, 53K)

there's a shortage of cybersecurity jobs atm. you could also do sysadmin, or some kind of networking job.

>Is it shit compared to CS?
It's nothing like CS, more like IT than anything else
>What's the best tech education for somebody who doesn't love programming?
Engineering, or what said

All that is being automated by people with cs degrees ...

People with cs degrees are being made redundant by pajeets

Look at windows 10 and tell me sysadmins are going anywhere in less than 20 years.

Also, system administration isn't a bad gig. If you get sup in in the right spot you can more or less do nothing 80% of the time. It's a little harder to do that as a developer

Pajeets are made being redundant by who though? How far does this rabbit hole go? You might be on to something user. I will explore this further with a fine tooth comb. I will figure out just everything that's going down this crazy path. We might just bust this joint once and for all. This could change everything.

Attached: 1528990213338.png (411x387, 11K)

pajeets are being made redundant by African pygmies in the Congo.

possibly, sure. but companies are slow to change their systems. a lot of places still use windows 7/8. even some atms are using windows xp.. so yeah obviously within the next 10-20 years things will be different but i dont think CIS/IT/cybersecurity/networking is all trash

There is no shortage of sec dudes. It's actually the opposite.

If we're talkign about shortages then we should really talk about industries and self driving rn is insane (make 400-500k as a dev)

IT seems to be a dying industry

African pygmies in the Congo are being made redundant by diseases

Cannibalism, sadly

get a CS degree. It's more rigorous and more impressive than a CIS whatever. Accreditation means the degree isn't made up baloney, but a hiring manager will never think about that.

What schools are you looking at?

Not op but Baruch has a decent cis program and also stonybrook

Its great user. Become a sys admin or IT is a great job. I earn 18 an hour, basically doing nothing but Netflix, snacking, checking the servers, shitposting on Jow Forums, stealing nudes from different computers, being high all day. Its a great way to be a degenerate.

Attached: KUJICAM_2019-03-19-04-39-55_developed_1.jpg (3000x4000, 1.8M)

Sounds about right for under 40k a year

Idk as a university degree it seems useless

i go to a trade school/community college, sort of getting paid to go. just getting an associates so far though

That's unique what's the associates in

They're still going to need an I.T. department to remind people that a wireless mouse needs to plug in to charge.