IM SO FUCKING SICK OF """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""ENTRY LEVEL""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" JOBS REQUIRING...

IM SO FUCKING SICK OF """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""ENTRY LEVEL""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" JOBS REQUIRING A 4 YEAR COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREE AND 3-5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ALONG WITH 10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE USING A COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE THAT ONLY CAME OUT 3 YEARS AGO

>just apply
THE WEBSITES ASK BEFORE YOU EVEN SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE/ THE EXPERIENCE SO THERES NO POINT IN EVEN TRYING ONCE THEY SAY NO
>submit it anyway
WHY SO SOME 50 YEAR OLD DUDE WHO HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO TAKES THE JOB ANYWAY

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 36K)

lmao dude... calm your nuts!

Thanks, OP.

All the people like you with that childish "why bother" attitude make life a lot easier for the rest of us. Thanks for being a little bitch and not even trying.

Attached: 1543522855114.png (500x445, 197K)

>WAH WHY WONT YOU GIVE ME A JOB IM NOT QUALIFIED FOR WAH
Just switch majors bud, you're not cut out for this

Smoke a blunt nigga

I keep saying this all over the important Jow Forums boards:
You should've done an internship beginning your second year and then have 3 years of experience finishing your B.S.

bitch ass nigga, I’m ‘bout to nut up in dem guts

Just bullshit your way into a startup job, that's what I did. They were impressed because I knew Linux and SQL.

>the important Jow Forums boards
>Jow Forums

I'm CS but can get an IT internship through nepotism (professional password resetter) Worth it?

I was thinking maybe I could leverage this for a real internship.

If the board has a theme on thing that can give you a job IRL, I usually give advice in them because I know some of you silly anons will do a choice that you will regret for the remaining 10 years of your life before you kys.
uwu
Do it.
Use the nepotism that many other people will not be able to get,

That's how it is in this world.

You ever try to give advice on Jow Forums? So many of those guys are lost in the crypto rabbit hole I'd imagine it futile.

Cs sounds like being a huge workaholic

From time to time when it is not related to crypto, since I can't change their minds to move on to the real stuff.
All useful degrees are.
It is how it is; but you could still do a side job in something creative like Web design, etc.

I'm a professional software architect with no degree. The "barrier to entry" is just to filter out idiots like you. I've never had anyone care about their bullshit requirements after they meet me and I show them what I can do.

unrelated to CS but
>apply for a minimum wage job lifting boxes
>"How much do you want for this job?"
>"min wage"
>"We'll call you!"
>no callback
>few days later ask over the phone why
>"you were charging too much"

you simply cannot win against these people

Attached: 1503653976066.gif (800x800, 413K)

In fact, the best employers *will not* hire fresh graduates because more often than not they are totally incompetent

Most jobs require self-study off-hours, constantly improving and refining your knowledge for your own benefit.

This, not exactly the same but I finished uni with a shit GPA and still landed a good job because I went to a job fair and talked to some industry people about tech shit at a booth. They didn't even care to ask about my education/grades (even during the interview). Firm handshake job isn't a total meme.

If you're working for free why not just start now on an open source or personal project. Fuck being an intern

You can't even get a job flipping burgers without these ridiculous experience requirements.
>entry level
What a fuckin joke.

Attached: 45435435453.jpg (468x459, 93K)

this, if you can show you're a human being there virtually isn't much that you can't do within your major

i dont list my gpa on my resume but i haven't had a summer without internship since starting college (junior now), already have 1 full time offer (kinda), tryna make that 2 after this summer while im still looking around

Blame fucking boomers. Boomers fucking ruin everything they touch.

>I got an entry level job at an ISP 6 years ago with nothing but my highschool diploma and a cisco cert.
>Now I'm an engineer there making 6 figures

Stay poor OP.

Attached: sOORVDb.jpg (4128x2322, 593K)

LIE
I
E
LIE
IE
E
NIGGER JUST LIE
WHEN THE SYSTEM IS BROKE
LEI
EK
I
LIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

Illegal immigrants are stealing the minimum wage jobs because they're willing to work below minimum wage. Report them to ICE. Don't feel bad for having them deported. They are your enemy.

>Get hired
>Get email the next day asking for documentation for a background check being performed by a 3rd party
That shit doesn't happen with real jobs

>stay poor
>100k a year

Attached: 1543534041181.gif (182x179, 436K)

You can't get an internship here if you're not in school. I never got a degree. Am I fucked? Also, I don't ever want to touch webdev/JS/Java/enterprise garbage - I just want to work on pure C and makefiles as build system.

DONT FORGET TO FILL OUT OUR RACIAL INQUIRY FORM, BIGOT!

Attached: The system works.jpg (443x412, 50K)

look up the hiring manager on LinkedIn or something and reach out directly. much easier to get a call back if you can get a personal relationship going instead of just putting a resume PDF into a black hole.

You're an imbecile.

That's still better than OP's $0 per year.

Attached: the internet.jpg (600x336, 72K)

I'm a black transgender vietnam veteran who's 18
>*jumps over their desk falling over themselves to run to shake my hand* YOU'RE HIRED

>lmao dude, stay calm even they're depriving you of a work opportunity you're perfectly capable of that would enable you to eat three full meals a day again.

Low skill immigrants don't benefit the workforce

foooood stamps pay $200 a month. That's enough to eat all organic health food store shit

I would hire a such a person. We value diversity.

>a work opportunity you're perfectly capable of
>perfectly capable of
in your brainlet opinion, that is

White single men without kids cannot qualify for food stamps. I've tried. The amount a single white man gets is like $75 a month. Look up the tables.

White single men cannot qualify for section 8. I've tried.

The only welfare that white men can game is collecting SSDI, which requires doctor visits, tests, and usually a lawyer.

Attached: Approval rate (autism up top).png (374x281, 10K)

Better opinion than the imbeciles at HR wanting a a workforce filled with people they know and those from underprivileged groups, elevated just by selecting their race and national origin. Most jobs now assume you are an H1B candidate and ask "Will you require sponsorship now or in the future?" The null hypothesis isn't even if the person applying is a citizen any more.

You should always do this. I have never gotten a job without speaking to some sort of management directly (unless it was some shitty job through a staffing agency) even minimum wage jobs.
Having worked with hiring managers, many do not even look at a resume unless someone talks to them directly.
If they are really hurting for employees, they'll look for everyone with some prereq like 4 years experience then batch hire with the intention of firing most hires (or for more serious jobs they'll do rounds of group interviews and interviews to narrow down candidates)
The point is your resume isn't super important.
It's your interview and performance that matter. (Note regarding interviews: many interviewers ask questions you are supposed to get wrong. The purpose is to see how you handle problems. Do you get defensive? Are you over-confident? Are you honest and aware of your limitations?)

When they ask how many years of experience you say 5, but you don't make up jobs or degrees. Tell them you learned about it in school and counted it as experience. Then you hope they're desperate and you're the best of the lying assholes that applied. The other option is to volunteer somewhere, do an unpaid internship, work help desk, publish projects to github/linkedin, and contribute to open source projects. Those all count as real experience you can acquire without experience and have the potential to net you a few references. DESU, you were supposed to do an internship as an upperclassman or line one up just after graduation, but the economy is doing well and the need for software developers is pretty high. There's ton of room to pull this around.

I've got one last tip. You should consider expanding the area of your job search, especially if you live in a smaller community without many jobs. It's better to commute 75 minutes each way for six months and have a real job than to work at McDonalds for two years waiting for a position to open up at the only place that employs software developers in your area.

>You can't get an internship here if you're not in school. I never got a degree. Am I fucked?
How come? Anyone can still do an internship post-bachelor's or working on it; there has been many stories where some anons have done so because they didn't during their 3rd or 4th year.
But if by "I never got a degree" means that you have never gone to school, you'll have to work in a portfolio ASAP.

>I don't ever want to touch webdev/JS/Java/enterprise garbage - I just want to work on pure C and makefiles as build system.
You'll have to work for the big companies/firms and move out then. Since this is the majority of the job market for CS and CIS grads (sadly).
This is for credits to the company IIRC.
The more minority/veteran you are, the better it is to hire you because they gain some monies.

IRS being unintentionally racist to whites because Democrats pushing bills in favor of diversity hires, affirmative action, etc.
HOWEVER, there is the fact that many big companies will still hire white people despite many minorities graduating from prestigious unis.

I want to summon that user who has this data on Google and Harvard because I'm too lazy to search that picture.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_futomomomoe__fc488ecd9af53b331b4aa01c0a8521cd.jpg (750x750, 58K)

If it says "Level" of education, you can because the legal standard for level has already been established in credit hours.

You know most fucking shit like that is just a wish list.

They don't actually give a shit most the time, it's just a filter for dumbfucks who don't apply because they read between the lines in a job that needs you to think slightly more

Dumb people do not read and just go ahead. If anything, it's a filter for intelligent people who are honest.

>go to apply
>Need to register on their bullshit website or third party site
>get spam calls and emails up the ass for years

Argue about shit like this and you'll never get hired. These are problem solving jobs. If you are a developer you are probably the type that spends more time explaining why features x y and z are impossible instead of figuring out how to implement them.

>applied for job at big finance company that doesn't require experience
>clearly expressed I have less than a year in interview
>job title says senior on first day
>have had no clue whats going on the past 2 weeks
I'm scared guys I just wanted a nice entry level junior position

Attached: 1534691378322.jpg (657x527, 54K)

You got the job and you're complaining?

it's gonna suck if I get fired and I'm stuck in a lease with no job after I just spent all my money moving cross country

I'm graduating with a Comp Engineering degree this summer. I've been applying to jobs but nothing outrageous. I'd like to work in the summer with my last two classes if possible but if not it's ok. As long as I finish.

Any advice for someone like me? I did really good in my comp sci classes but admittingly below average in math and Electrical engineering. I was to code / do software anyway. Any advice?

>been working for about a year and a half now out of school
>starting to get pretty frequent messages on LinkedIn about jobs with postings requiring 10 years of experience
I'm convinced it's all bs. Just fucking apply.

Nice quints. Number two: You can say that you were for a senior for the company on your resume and get a better chance at landing your next job. Just ask people what's up. They'll be happy to help you out, and you'll be able to make friends.

Unless you are a contract hire, they cannot fire you during the first few weeks and after that, if they did, you would be able to collect unemployment. Regardless, you don't need to worry about such action for at least 8 months. Even in at-will employment states, firing after an actual employee shortly after training ends looks very bad for the company and opens the door for legal risk. Insufficient training and lack of performance reports are very real grounds for wrongful termination suits.

Understand that the company has time and money invested into you and your hiring. Their desire is to not fire you and lose that investment.

lame

I'll stick with mediocrity and go do actually fun things instead

Most of these jobs (in tech, anyway) are looking for problem solvers, not soldiers who will follow every order to the dot. They write those because IF somebody applies with those credentials, they're going to take them. That person isn't going to apply, though, because they're receiving much better offers from better companies. Just send your fucking resume.

I went from working at Mcdonalds a few years ago at min. wage to working at a local university, to currently working as a data analyst. I've been the hiring manager in this situation, and I'm telling you, they post a wish-list. If they posted the minimum they would hire, it would be impossible to sort.

Also, spend some time researching the company.

>Dumb people do not read and just go ahead.
You apply to a shit load of places regardless. Why the fuck do people listen to boomers and apply to like 1 place. YOU ARE IN A STACK OF HUNDREDS, usually.

>it's a filter for intelligent people who are honest.
Knowing how to BS is part of any computer job. Straight out lying is no, but knowing how to respond to a bug you wrote in code that fucked something and word play well enough to fix it on the fly is good.

Yup, if you have everything on the resume, chances are that in tech you are by far outside their reasonable pay grade.

Job postings are wish lists. They want to see how much applies to you and the position in question, but if they wanted 1:1 on everything they posted they'd never find the person

could i get away with have an applied science degree in programming from cc if i have the relevant personal work or should i just bite the bullet and transfer to an actual uni

Yes, often CC shows you at least have some passion for it and want to go. Uni degrees are great but a dime a dozen, I'd be interested to see why you went to a CC. Just realize you aren't going in working for a fortune 500 right away in 6 figure starting

This is just wrong. You can definitely get first very early, and if you are incapable of doing the job you'll get fired without a chance of unemployment.

Many companies are forced to hire women and minorities for example, then fire them the first month once it's proven they can't do the job.

A skilled job does not need to train you. If the job says required 4 years experience, chances are they expect you to be capable the very first day. Many programming jobs don't have training, they simply have an orientation period for you to learn how the company works, and get accustomed to the code base.

i'm just worried ill hit a wall in my career at some point and be stuck at a salary point. for some reason i value progression and i wanna make sure thats still possible with just a two year degree.

>get invited for the interview
>whiteboard rolls in by itself
>3 lesser personalists spawn in front of the whiteboard
>they have 20 years of experience
>quickly leave to the post-interview showers
>master personalists starts throwing soaps at me, yelling that I need 50 years of expirience before I can pick them up
>pass out

Attached: 1549634232311.jpg (515x515, 50K)

This depends on the state and reason for firing. Many places just give a few weeks because "at least they have someone there" while the find another dude.

I've had plenty of people come and go because HR did 100% of the hiring process and they bullshitted their way right through everything. They came onto the job did absolutely nothing the first 2 weeks, and the third week they tried to "optimize" the domain controllers. His ass was gone asap. He did not get any unemployment, same with many others.

Unemployment is harder to get than you think depending, on the reasoning and such. IT is pretty damn easy to go "nope, you dun fucked up kid here's all the logs"

>be IT student
>Apply to almost everything
>no responses
>One day friend asks if I want to be programmer
>"Sure, but I haven't been doing any programming aside basic university shit"
>No worries mate
>Know that I can't learn java in few days before interview, so I don't even bother and just hope for the best
>Arrive at interview
>Enter the room
>See whiteboard in the background
>Oh no no no
>Instead the lady just asks me when I can start
>no questions about experience, no tests NOTHING
>So this is the power of nepotism.
I've been working there for 4 months now, and slowly getting hang of programming, but god fucking damn that felt so surreal.

Attached: Tsukihi6.gif (500x506, 801K)

>This is just wrong. You can definitely get first very early, and if you are incapable of doing the job you'll get fired without a chance of unemployment.
Which is a risky venture to do in the white collar world of senior positions, because of the aforementioned risk it opens them up to.

>Many companies are forced to hire women and minorities for example, then fire them the first month once it's proven they can't do the job.
And many companies face lawsuits from the EEOC which is why they keep them on longer and have more performance reviews for them.

>A skilled job does not need to train you. If the job says required 4 years experience, chances are they expect you to be capable the very first day. Many programming jobs don't have training, they simply have an orientation period for you to learn how the company works, and get accustomed to the code base.
Training is inherent to all jobs, with the exception of contract positions which is why they can be terminated with total ease without fear of any reprisal in a civil suit.

I didn't even finish my degree from CC, just started working and got Certs. I am now a lead Sr. Systems engineer for a quite large company. I don't even have my Education on my resume anymore, I just have my Experience + certs. After about 2-4 years most places sub that industry experience as a degree equivalent.

Degree really is only needed for a government gig, or some really silo'd gigs. Most the industry doesn't give a shit so long as your experience is there

this gives me a lot of hope. i've been very anxious about the importance of a degree. when you started working did you know what was required in the job or just learned as you went?

>Which is a risky venture to do in the white collar world of senior positions
If you got into a Sr. position and fired on the first few weeks you are a top tier bullshitter or you really done goofed.

>And many companies face lawsuits from the EEOC which is why they keep them on longer and have more performance reviews for them.
Most put you on some kind of 90 day worker improvement thing, forget the exact acronym, to cover this. If you actively screw the pooch on the job they have the full rights to fire you right there and then, however it is a bit more mess. Also not too many common employees are going to go full law suit unless you won the ethnicity lotto

>Training is inherent to all jobs
Yes, however many forms of paperwork signed at time of hire can cover the employers ass. It depends on the state as well, many in the US can just up and go nope you don't work here anymore lol!

>when you started working did you know what was required in the job or just learned as you went?

I did a lot of self practice with VM's and stuff for my work, it helped me touch it, I also explained I knew how to look shit up. Having touched it allowed me to put it on my resume, in the interview stating I had some VM's and ran my own simulations, servers, etc in a small lab showed I had the ability to learn and research own my own. I had about 2-3 years experience working at small mom and pop repair shops supporting small businesses. Just on the job learned how not to be a dumbass, show up, and think before I do(aka google what I believe is the fix for a second opinion); and moved up stupid quick.

>get a degree in an oversaturated field
>"WHY CAN'T I GET A JOB"

What a retarded board lmao

He clearly doesn't have a degree. It's super easy to get a job with a CS degree and if he went to school they'd advise him to get at least one internship before graduating.

Dude 50 year old software engineers are picky as fuck especially the competent ones. They don't settle for shit let alone "entry level".

Ye , requirements are pretty bs.
I'm a junior dev in Spain , not even a year of experience (been working since i graduated) and i already got several offers from the uk and norway , a couple in Spain too.
I'd say most of the offers are because i have experience working with web services and also react wich is in high demand.
Remember that whatever the language you're most likely moving and processing data from point a to b. So learn how to CRUD with or with an ORM or without it. Implement some REST web services and learn how to consume them. Javascript is by far the easyest language to consume a ws with.

just get an internship retard

Dumb OP hasn't figured out it's so they can get H1Bs. You set a job advert for a position that requires mythical levels of experience, then when obviously no-one qualifies, you turn to the gubberment and get some H1Bs, with the "Well we looked!" as the thing. Then you import a bag full of H1Bs who are completely useless for pennies on the dollar

I'm so tired of there not being any decent fucking jobs

Do you or anyone else have any actual proof that this happens? Because I'm kinda getting tired of seeing this posted in almost every thread

Why do you think silicon valley is so mad at trump for suggesting that they pay H1Bs fairly?
They're already fucking slave labor.

>Why do you think silicon valley is so mad at trump for suggesting that they pay H1Bs fairly?
Where are you getting this from? The people that are pissed off about H1Bs are folks that don't get hired over them. I have not seen anything from any company that has spoken out against paying H1Bs more money

Why would a corp hire a CIS grad over a CS to develop in C...

I am also pissed in my last company they hired people who are 35+ years old, because of the experience, and such people are the worst colleagues and don't want to adapt but do the things their own way

Go back to tumblr

>find some relative that owns a business
>say you worked there for a couple years
>if they call to check he covers for u
>wala
aka just lie

>infosec
>about to graduate
>started applying before hand, made note that I was a soon to be graduate on resume
>applied to places all over the country
>was contacted before I even graduated and told that they were interested after interview
>never did an internship or anything in school
>contact them once more after graduating like I was instructed
>hired
>move went smoothly and after a few weeks of "training" I was performing basic security architect duties

I went with the bulk approach and just applied anywhere hiring any type of IT related people, I probably applied to 200 jobs within a couple of days.

Fortunately, starting salary was high enough with this current job that it was worth moving for. You REALLY should be applying to those places that list ridiculous experience requirements for low level jobs. I've even heard that they put those requirements to scare off people like you.

In other words, get out of cs/it, it's a meme degree and field.

1st. just apply anyway
2nd. name a single actual job listing that requires 10 years experience using a 3 year old commercial software

>having two periods of 3 months of work experience equals to 3 years

Maybe you are fucked, similar to how a doctor who never went to med school might be fucked.

>just get an internship
>just get a degree
>just apply
None of these are possible for someone living in NYC
>just move
No money, nowhere to put my stuff, no transport

>None of these are possible for someone living in NYC
It's too bad NYC doesn't have any colleges or jobs!

web development is crap js is total crap
stop that cancer we all need to go back to the local machine

>all my relatives are deadbeats
Such is life in the bucket

type "major metro city" + H1B and then see how fraud pops up next. A few companies i even applied to after i researched them had to go to court for h1b fraud

Become an user's live-in slutmaid in exchange for board and money for schooling

You can't get the job at all if you don't apply. Just sit down during an evening and mass apply for jobs. Answer truthfully since they could always lower the requirements later when they don't get enough applicants.

aren't globalism and open borders great?
instead of competing with your peers you now compete with the entire planet which can always undercut you from their disease ridden shitholes.

or you can work for indian wages with us prices.