Stadia latency is the same as Xbox One X and comparable to PC

Stadia latency is the same as Xbox One X and comparable to PC.

Holy shit boys this is going to destroy the console market.

Attached: 917D034B-603D-4F99-9FF1-7670481E5D3B.png (2436x1125, 3.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nUih5C5rOrA
youtu.be/VG06H7IQ9Aw
openai.com/blog/better-language-models/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That’s....actually really good.

>PC 60FPS

who still runs shit at 60FPS? I have a 144FPS monitor and none of my games run under 90FPS

Literally what/who
>200mbps

>only requires an internet upload rate of 20 gigabytes per hour

Attached: edgeworth.gif (186x146, 34K)

*download rate
im gay and retarded

>Best case scenario is not that bad
Now show me, median scenario not games running from the same Wifi network.

when the datacenter is inside the same building

Attached: 911.png (442x341, 182K)

youtu.be/nUih5C5rOrA

They didn't even touch on the best parts of game streaming.

>imagine a game with 2TB of uncompressed assets
>hundreds of players in a single session
>consoles no longer a bottleneck

Even on a poverty tier 15mbps network the results are pretty good.

Attached: 52C173D8-98FC-462D-BE85-F422243748D2.png (2436x1125, 2.76M)

>>imagine a game with 2TB of uncompressed assets
I can imagine it now, all of the buffering and streaming artefacts thats smear the shit out of the quality making 2TB redundant.
>>hundreds of players in a single session
???
>consoles no longer a bottleneck
Implying google is going to upgrade hardware at any faster rate then consoles.

See

>Implying google is going to upgrade hardware at any faster rate then consoles.

They literally have a profit motive to do so, stop being retarded.

PC latency on 60 fps is 16.6ms + 1-10ms display latency
Even with one prerenderd frame it would still be still under 50ms
Fuck off cunt

>They literally have a profit motive
What is more profitable
1) Running hardware for as long as possible without change
2) Changing hardware every two - three years

2. Obviously

>limited rack space means a certain amount of players connected to a physical server
>more power means more players, means more money means more profit

Do you not understand how to amortize hardware costs? I can tell you've never had an IT job before.

no i never had IT job, nor did I ever claim I did. What job I had is industry related and upgrading your hardware isnt a wise investment even if it paid for itself.

I actually downgraded, went from 27in 144/1440p/1ms to 32in 60/2160p/4ms. I honestly love the 4k visuals better even at frame loss. Honestly 60fps is fine, but a minimum.

The only reason AWS is as large as it is comes down to their ability to resell compute services at profit. They are constantly upgrading because they want to fit more customers into a smaller physical space- when you have a datacenter you have to worry about things like PUE.

Because something like Stadia has such a massive TAM, they can easily upgrade and adopt newer hardware because they'll be able to negotiate with chipmakers for better volume pricing.

The only people who don't upgrade their hardware regularly are military and governments, or companies who don't run SaaS products.

I can't go back from 144FPS, then again all I play are shooters so I guess I'm biased.

>What job I had is industry related and upgrading your hardware isnt a wise investment even if it paid for itself.
I didnt think it was possible for a sentence to make so little sense, yet here it is.

Eh. It looks like Stadia is the new ouya. Looks like we will see this shit shilled till it's disconnected.

There was an adjustment period. Took about 2 weeks to see 60hz as fast.

Doubling fps doesn't halve latency. Gpus all employ buffers which increase latency. 60 to 144hz probably only improves a few ten milliseconds, so it's really diminishing returns after that.

>This kills the Gaben

Really, if i was google i'd offer to replicate Steam's library on Stadia accounts for free and undercut their sales, get exclusives. At an extreme... i'd offer a bounty to give players the $ value of their current Steam account in real money if they delete it.

>android games console made by meme company
Vs
>triple a streaming provider and multi billion dollar tech company unveil streaming game service at a time when streaming (Netflix, YouTube, etc) is popular

This is going to make google billions.

k

This was during a beta. Using Googles own network. Isps ain't gonna play happily with this, they'll throttle you, you'll reach your data cap, and they'll likely make sure that game streaming doesn't cause congestion on their networks.

That, and let's see how the servers handle it with more than just a few beta testers.

What kind of latency does Steam's streaming have?

This was Cnets teardown using an off site prototype system.
youtu.be/VG06H7IQ9Aw

With how many users on those servers, and how many on the network trying to do this simultaneously?

And the ISPs haven't even gotten around to throttling this yet

Yes because YouTube is famous for being unable to play 4K videos when millions of people use it every second of the day.

Oh wait, it works fine.

The average home internet connection will add at least 30ms to these numbers.

If ISPs and Google was smart they'd cooperate so that each major ISP will host their own Stadia arrays and offer it free for a year. Maybe even include a controller as part of the ISP package. They are going to have to play it console style and take hard losses for a few years before they can get people onto their platform.
Hopefully google are doing the legwork and every 2019 TV will have a big fat Stadia application in there, especially on android TV sets.

Maybe fortunately for existing players is google seems to kill anything that isn't immediately profitable.

All FPS games have the client player move immediately upon keypresses, before the server even knows that you moved. That's how important latency is to make the game feel responsive.

Now this is not only going to wait until the server, in this case google, receives the input and your character is moved, it is also going to send the entire rendered screen not just the characters new position.

I don't see how this will be playable

mmmm rasterization and x264 artifacts
one of the featured games was AC Odyssey
imagine trying to aim a bow with this shit

I like playing all my games at 30 frames per second. ;^)

Nvidia tried this and it was garbage even on ethernet/5ghz. 160 lag on all inputs what is this 1999 nigga

those values are god awful

Meh. There's already been game streaming services. They all sucked due to lag.

Zoomer kids will have to rediscover the lost art of leading lag ghosts

I don't disagree that Stadia will probably be better than every other attempt, but I doubt real-world latency will be that good.

Considering Steam in-home streaming still isn't good enough and that doesn't even use your internet connection, I'm doubtful it will replace PCs or consoles.

It would however be a cool way to demo games.

Imagine video games that look like VLC.

To clarify on this
First I was talking about a traditional online multiplayer fps game where you connect to a low latency server of choice and compared it to a single (or multi) player game on google stadia.

I'll play when they have an AI that can guess exactly what inputs I was gonna make so I don't have to deal with latency

>Literally 1/20th of a second slower than a home PC
>waaahhhh the lag makes it unplayable
Console and PC user COPE is real. Thank you based google for saving gaming.

openai.com/blog/better-language-models/
>Our model, called GPT-2, was trained simply to predict the next word in 40GB of Internet text.
just capture 40 GB of compressed recorded inputs from people playing on PCs and try to predict the user's next input given his previous inputs

Donating a few Stadia servers to ISPs might work, i remember when my old ISP used to host game servers which had the best latency in stuff like counterstrike and natural selection.

>nobody posted the webm

Attached: 111.webm (752x398, 1.44M)

>166ms

Attached: 222.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

The dumb assholes in here who are singing Google's praises.
Do you want to never be able to own your software? Do you want to have ALL your games cut off just because Google says so? Remember: They love to shut down accounts and services for no fucking reason. At the very least, do you want your games to be completely unavailable when your internet is flaky?
This is absolutely botnet meme technology designed to grab more control from the end user. Google is run by a bunch of narcissistic, totalitarian fucks these days. Don't trust them, and don't use any of their shit if you can help it. This is EA's Sims DRM on ultracrack they couldn't even dream of. It's one big fat antifeature. Fuck Google.

>Boomers resulting to reposting doctored videos because they can’t handle the future

Attached: 112A7023-7AFE-4BDA-A84C-F07A1C70350B.jpg (500x647, 36K)

Honestly looks much better visually than my PS4, and the input lag is about in the same range, maybe even a little better.

Yeah doctored lmao

>confusedboomerramblings.txt

It's called momentum jackass, the character stopped propelling themselves forward the instant he took his hands off, but the speed they built up meant they kept moving for a few paces.

>he pushes the button 3 times before it works
>"IT'S BETTER!!!1"

the absolute state of goolags

Looks fine. AssCreed is notorious for having a syrup camera.

is it momentum that makes it take 3 button presses before the character jumps? Probably, right?

Not to mention this table is after they added 21 ms to everything besides Stadia to make it look more favorable. They originally measured PC at 79ms. This is also with Stadia operating between a server and client on the same network. Even their demo had visible input lag, stuttering, and compression artifacts. If their big reveal production is that shit, how is it going to work in the wild?

Yeah exactly, until then it's not worth playing

The shills are hot and heavy tonight

This can't even do it justice. Input lag is "felt" long before it's seen. It's seriously annoying long before a third party can observe it happening.

>Looks better than my ps4
A 15" display, at a weird angle, under harsh light, with the accompanying reflections, playing 264 realtime encoded video, that was re-recorded and encoded into a 1.4MB webm, looks better than your ps4?
What the literal fuck are you on.

>worst case scenario
>still only a tenth of a second difference
Is this all boomers have?

i'm a brainlet but how does this actually work when we're talking about hundreds or thousands of kilometers between my computer and the nearest google data centers?

How much does Google pay you?

So, how's it going to work financially. Is it a single subscription? or is it more like the consoles where you purchase the games, but also have to pay a sub to use the network?

The same way you play an online video game between a server hundreds of kilometres away, just instead of a regular server it’s Google’s state of the art infrastructure. This is the future.

>'Only a tenth of a second'
Have you ever played a videogame

>Considering Steam in-home streaming still isn't good enough and that doesn't even use your internet connection, I'm doubtful it will replace PCs or consoles.
That's the thing that gets me. I use Steam streaming, from my PC, through a second NIC, over a 50ft CAT6 cable, into a SteamLink. You could not do a better streaming configuration. And it's good enough for most games, but it is noticeable. Games like Skyrim and Dishonored are totally fine. Cuphead is occasionally frustrating but generally OK. DOOM is literally unplayable. In their presentation you can literally see substantial input lag. But this is somehow going to change gaming. It's fucking stupid. Under the absolute best possible configuration (direct, wired connection) streamed games are tolerable, but as soon as you go over the internet, you have to contend with literally god knows what hardware between you and your destination. Anyone who has taken an introductory course on networking should know the Internet was not designed for low latency.

Well done, i am now 100% sure there are gay google ops shills out here

What the smooth brain boomers aren't getting is that games are going to be designed with all of this in mind, the streaming age is going to be so profitable that "tight" games will be all but dead or indies on forgotten platforms like Steam (really, why publish on something obscure as Steam when you have the entire world opened up as your audience). Games will become much smarter at anticipating movement, and maybe even pre-render multiple outcomes at any one time to reduce what is perceived as lag.

This is really exiting, it represents both a massive paradigm shift in both game design and the market, it it very well is the kind of shift that kills traditional players who aren't prepared to alter their business model.

Steam COULD survive if they maybe do a hybrid approach, build a cloud service, but also create a new version of steam OS intended to be installed on a home server that can be put into a closet or something and forgotten about and just serve games to it's users - which i think is the service's likely next move.

A tenth of a second is everything. You can fit 3 frames at a meager 30fps into that time. Since networks don't have constant latency, and packet loss happens, you're looking at jitter being trouble, too. The result is you're going to miss iframes, you're going to miss that platform, you're going to pull the trigger too late. It's a clusterfuck. Pretty much the only thing that would be playable are single player games, and really you might as well just buy the fucking hardware. A console is like a couple hundred dollars.

Mainframe computing with thin clients is literally the past, you retard. It always sucked. It continues to suck.

Fuck off cia nigger
This is the gayest shit ive ever read
Who uses 'paradigm shift' unironically
What a waste

No, this is the absolute best case scenario.

Considering Google's street shitter literally started their presentation with "I'm not much of a gamer, but I do play FIFA19," I'm guessing their hired shills don't play games either.

>input lag doesn't exist

Exactly. This is the future.

>hired shills
C O P E

>games are going to be designed with all of this in mind
>when you have the entire world opened up as your audience
This already happened. It's called phone games. Like 80% of the civilized planet plays them and they're massively profitable. Also the shitloads of steam games that you can run on an ancient netbook.
>Games will become much smarter at anticipating movement, and maybe even pre-render multiple outcomes at any one time to reduce what is perceived as lag.
You're talking tensor-level technology, which requires a powerful GPU to do. Why not just run the fucking game at that point.
Jesus you're fucking dumb.

Yeah I've gotta stop giving these shills yous
Their script is predictable
>B-boomer!
>What its only such a miniscule difference!
>This is the future!!!
>smart predictive gameplay

Confusing volume with latency?

Yep, sage goes in all fields at this point. Fucking idiots, be more subtle next time.

This is the exact same thing people said when the PS3 and Xbox 360 were unvailed with Bluetooth controllers. CNet have shown that Stadia has the same latency as an Xbox one X (provided you don’t have poverty tier internet). Deal W it boomer.

>shill: *consults the script*
>option 1: boomer!
>option 2: lol cope
>option 1 was used recently
>shill: *uses option 2*

hmmmmm......
1000ms/60fps=16.66ms/frame
1000ms/120fps=8.33ms/frame

Seems like doubling the framerate actually halves the frametime. Who'd'a'thunk?
Of course you have to disable vsync to actually get that faster response.

that's roughly 50mbit/s

Can’t wait for this to be released. I’m actually excited about video games for once.

They don't have to continually upgrade hardware. They just have to have better hardware than the current console generation to always be able to say that

>It's the same latency if you're parked next to the data center under ideal conditions and you compare to the shittiest possible way to use a console!
>B-boomer!

Attached: 1512701610206.png (403x448, 53K)

>im not excited for videofames
>except when i can play ports over online streaming now im super excited!!!
What is your thought process

Honestly it would be pretty sweet if Steam have some kind of home server route, either as an entire OS or some kind of server edition of steam that can be installed on a existing box (though, having my storage and games on the same box probably isn't the best idea)

Just how fucking great will being able to replace all my desktops with NUCs that can play a few indies locally, and then just tap into my home server for big boy games on whatever i'm on, from the NUC hooked up to my TV, to the laptop i'm using in the garden. Having multiple users at once will be an interesting challenge - And man, what if it could dynamically host a multiplayer server for LAN parties.

I look forwards to no longer having a hot noisy computer in my living spaces.

>he uses vsync

It was an off site demo using a 200mb connection. Learn to read boomer.

>offsite across the street with an internet connection 95% of people cant have no matter how much they pay

How do you apply for a job doing this? I need some money so I can afford my $60/mo Stadia subscription pre-order.

>rendering a billion frames per second makes i/o faster
uhh

Attached: 1496803945702.png (702x397, 182K)

>Across the street
>5x more bandwidth than most of the US
The second someone tries to stream the game to Twitch, or anyone else on the connection does so, the whole thing will fall apart since almost every home in the US has an upload rate of less than 5mb/s. Enjoy your input packet loss and retransmit.

Keyboard/mouse over USB should have a lag of less than 5ms. Even Bluetooth devices should be ~20ms with modern protocols.

What sort of poverty tier country do you live in that you haven’t got at least 50mbps internet, which is all you need for 4K 60fps Stadia? Pic related, it’s like £28 a month uncapped.

Attached: 19C9A7F1-2E44-408C-B292-A2FB3DBD9956.jpg (1125x739, 203K)

I'd bet you money its GGPO style input prediction but without rollback. Because laggy piece of shit.

The human eye can't blink that fast anyway.