Why no lectric dudes?

Why are all of you falling for the coder meme. Why aren't you a based and manly electrician and micro-electronics hobbyist Jow Forums? Why do software guys seem like the macfags compared to these guys?

Attached: bigclive-shock.png (1276x717, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-5R-KBa18ME
youtube.com/watch?v=lzXMImK_wyM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's fucking boring?

how could one get into this hobby with no prior experience?

youtube.com/watch?v=-5R-KBa18ME
This is a fucking man Jow Forums

/thread

So is your sad code-monkey existence

How many solar panels would I need to exclusively power a 500w pc

There is a board with a thread for that, but I'm not gonna post it here so idiots won't go there, why don't you do it yourself and search for it.

This is the fucking technolo/g/y god dammit! Not PC gadget wank! Y'all are larpers.

its too hard for me

But i am. Why not combine both worlds? Electronic design with programming? Now you can use fucking python even for SPI and other low level peripherals....

I'm a power electronics hobbyist.

Attached: OneTeslaTS_DRSSTC_Tesla_Coil.jpg (4608x3072, 3.19M)

t. zoomer who burned his hand on a solder iron

go to /diy/

It's been agreed long ago that electrician stuff goes to

Please stop shilling EE. I don't want to see a flood of retarded CS and perpetually first year physics rejects come pouring into our field and ruining it. Right now it's full of mostly cool people and the used test equipment market isn't too inflated. Don't fucking ruin it.

Everyone stay the fuck away from EE we are toxic as fuck and hostile to new people. So you know... Fuck off we're full.

Because they're unable to find the joy in designing something and building it with their own hands and think that programming is even close to the same thing. Probably doesn't help they're mostly ham fisted dipshits that are jittery from all the monster and masturbating to little girls on Chinese cartoons.

I do both, but it is easier to post about some shitty reinvention of a Boolean I just made than some shitty circuit.

save your sanity and

I do embeded and FPGA shit, where do I sit

I'm into both, fuck off faggot.

how do you do PCI-E? can you do it manually?

I enjoy the logic part of things. Designing a computer that way is fun. But adding another layer of voltages and other issues turns me off. Soldering is fun though, I try to fix things when I can (and usually fail).

>bring iron man
>boring

bigclive is gay btw,

brainlet

Tfw gergoman

I'm electric dude, I have even fallen for ee meme

You are gay

Electrical engineering + coding is the most based. You know your software and hardware inside and out + you mustn't be a brainlet to get into it

Ok, I will fall for ee meme.
I'm toxic too, you'd like me

EE student here
Sadly you can do A LOT of the same shit with code

I fear the future is us just building computers

/thread

op nearly everybody on this board is retarded, they either program or have a shitfest about oses on a daily basis

I have an EE degree. Microcontrollers are so cheap that if you're not doing something at huge production scale, it's probably cheaper to just get a microcontroller and program it to do exactly what you want than it is to source all the individual electrical components needed to achieve the same thing. It's certainly easier and more flexible too.

I get called soiboi here when posting my /diy/ micro stuff

Is this our future?
Soldering irons replaced by computer

Did I say, we're toxic? I meant we're very diverse and full of SJWs. Yup I love taking diversity up my ass every single fucking day. Doesn't sound like something for you, you should probably just go away.

because this isnt /diy/, tard

Oh I know this one! One kilogram of feathers are more heavy than one kg of steel!

Yes, at least for low volume stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=lzXMImK_wyM

I majored in electrical engineering. Jow Forums is not a good place to discuss anything serious.

don't stereotype too hard OP, i do both electrical and mechanical engineering as a hobby but i still main a thinkpad and program javascript for a living

Well shit
Saw that vid a long time ago
Should I minor in CS?
It's only 2 classes

Serious crimes count
EE student

CE

Are embedded and networking the only fields that haven’t been dominated by s0 y?

>you will never hear Clive say nanofarts in person

Attached: s.jpg (800x793, 97K)

You're full of chinks now.
Chinks are toxic.

:C

Electronics:
Arduino shit, amplifiers (audio bullshit)

Automation/Control systems:
Don't even bother, if you have some sanity left in you it will be extremely boring.

Buy 5 knock-off arduino nano's from Aliexpress or BangGood for like $5. Get either a TS100 / TS80 / knock-off chinese hakko for a soldering iron. Prices are $70 / $100 / ~$25.

Buy some smallish gauge silicone coated stranded core wire. It's the nicest to work with. Also grab some basic soldering accessories. That means flux paste, flux pen, tip tinner, 3rd hand, flush cutters. Leave it at that for the first order because you'll figure out what you like as you go. The first batch of tools should be the cheapest chinese garbage you can find, except for the solder itself, get something decent there that's recommended by people that know what they're doing. You can strip the ends of wires with your front teeth at first, they won't break the copper.

Learn from Arduino handbook or tutorials. You can get component kits that come with a small Arduino workbook if you want to spend some money. It's not a bad value but it's not necessary if you're on a budget.

After going through the initial handbook and exploring the (very simple and easy) Arduino programming environment, watch some youtubers like great scott or marco reps so you can see what's out there.

At this point you can read the book 'practical electronics for inventors' and you'll get a pretty good idea of what you can do with your hobby. None of this is hard, but you might break some stuff as you go. That's why you should start with 5 nano clones so you can break them ;)

From here you can branch out any direction. Make your own CNC. Make a project with a custom PCB and get it fabricated. Make a project with an FPGA like a hardware NES / Gameboy clone. Hack your own shit by adding extra buttons with teensys or arduinos. Start programming AVR's directly instead of only using arduinos. You can actually make an arduino shield to help with this. Always remember that humans are just tool builders, and building tools will make you better at building tools.

What does everyone think of Louis Rossman then? He seems to exist in more of an EE capacity due to a market niche that Apple created due to their complete lack of engineering competence. He is more of an exception rather than a rule though because barriers to entry for board-level repairs include fancy soldering equipment that you don't really need as a CE.

Fuck that, the greatest budget soldering iron is Goot PX-201, TS100/80 is a meme.

I just built a PID controller to move a wheel with the same response as the movement of a potentiometer.
My settling time was 125 ms but I had a 50% overshoot.

fuck you OP. I have a degree in electrical engineering, and work as a fullstack developer.