How come Chocolatey is never even mentioned here? Yes, it's a Windows thing and far from perfect; but...

How come Chocolatey is never even mentioned here? Yes, it's a Windows thing and far from perfect; but, it's pretty useful for Windows users. How is this package manager so underrated.

Attached: icon_slogan.png (1200x700, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scoop.sh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install arch and use pacman

I am literally unable to used windows without chocolatey and mingw

Install MSYS2 and use pacman

Install Super Smash Bros Ultimate and use Pacman

The name is cringe as fuck

This

>I am literally unable to used windows without chocolatey

Attached: poo police.jpg (720x374, 82K)

this
Chocolatey should be macOS' package manager since they are fudge packers

All the packages are outdated though....

So what's the point then? It's nothing like home-brew.

Nobody here uses Windows, faglord.

>Windows user gets first taste of a package manager
cringe

Because that's not true. You'll find 1/100 packages abandoned by devs and you can just remove those. It's worse than Linux alternatives by a stretch though.

It is fucking horrible, and a hell to publish a package, super cumbersome compared to the rest. The site is broken and I can't even login now as it redirects me to the register page.

A true package manager should integrate with the whole system, to package everything. Not like this, being an afterthought.

That logo makes me want a Ritter Sport right now. Fuck.

Because scoop is better
scoop.sh/

Because it sucks and it's not actually useful. Windows related shit belongs in /v/. That's all you use it for and we all know it. Don't act like you actually do CAD work or something, you overgrown toddler.

Attached: 1550440439217.jpg (1024x557, 69K)

That's for unix command line programs
Chocolatey is for real Windows programs.
It's pretty good actually, it makes Windows somewhat decent to use

Does it still turn off windows updates and UAC to do silent installs?

oh so it's a trojan

>trusting a package manager for a platform where software installers literally have checkboxes that install spyware on the side
automation on windows is very risky, i'll keep handling things myself.

Shitty Install locations and premium ware. Na

scoop-extras bucket has GUI programs

That guy looks about ready to murder the doll

>platform
That's why you use a package manager retard

Tried to live with Choclatey after Linux. Just couldn't do it.

Street shitter is unironically effay

>That's all you use it for and we all know it. Don't act like you actually do CAD work or something, you overgrown toddler.
Imagine making this many assumptions and getting mad about it

>paid subscription
No thanks

Chocolatey has been around for nearly many years now.

What's the use case for it? In Windows world, everything is a self contained exe. There's no need for dependency managers

Cringe name

I use it ever since I switched to Windows for work. It's comfy but I don't think the win gaymers in her care about package management nor Linux users who make a majority here gives a fuck. Hence nobody talks about it.

I dont understand why you need this. Just download install upgrade your stuff yourself most stuff auto upgrade. This is the most confusing thing I've ever seen in my life

works for me

Attached: chocolatey.jpg (1072x741, 294K)