How's that job hunt going?

How's that job hunt going?

It's going not so good here

Attached: youtoo....jpg (429x280, 40K)

I live off bug bounty.Enough for my basic simplistic comfy lifestyle.Wake up , waste time , work , waste more time , fap , go out at night alone or w/ friends , and come back.
I'm too afraid to go find a real job with everything it implies.Fixed schedules , colleagues , hierarchy ....am I in the wrong?

>tell me about yourself
I started to stutter at that point and told them that it was "too early for this shit"
>it was 9PM
It worked and i got the internship :^)

tell me one reason why I shouldn't just neck myself instead of trying to sell myself like a whore

2 years without success, stuck at shitty corporate job. I'm thinking about leaving this shit hole and risk living off bug bounty.

Recruiters keep messaging me but I'm happy not working. You'd think they would give up after awhile.

>am I in the wrong?
No. Shit sucks balls.

I went to my first interview and got offered the job, they then called me back half an hour later to offer me an even higher salary. So it's going/gone great.

The place that's helping me get a job (I got no connections and shit I need an advocate) keeps losing people so I keep having to wait long stretches between when they talk to me due to them being busy.

Ugh suits I sure as hell aint ever wearing that shit. Fucking gross, I'd rather work a simple job with lesser money if I actually enjoyed it and didn't have to worry about stupid shit like paranoia over appearance. I mean I aint saying coming unshowered and in pajamas there's limits obviously but simple t-shirts and pants, nothin wrong with that.

Have a job since 2016, get a new offer on linkedin every week.

Attached: happy.jpg (300x300, 22K)

>So you have pretty good grades, but your CV doesn't list any of your hobbies. What do you do in your spare time?
I play videogames.
>Ah yes, work-life-balance is important. Okay, then tell me something about yourself.
You mean like personal, or career-wise?
>career-wise.
>>tell them I never felt like studying when I was younger so I had shit grades but then it got better
>mfw dodged the "personal" bullet
>mfw got the job

Attached: me.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

neet here

>tell me about yourself
*starts stuttering*

> but your CV doesn't list any of your hobbies. What do you do in your spare time?
> I play videogames.
Oh god.

How do I into this

>Be me
>Unemployed for six months after uni
>Finally get to interview
>Absolutely smash it
>Start in April
We're all gonna make it bros.

Attached: 1552088299566.jpg (618x741, 75K)

5 years in at a Fortune 100 company.
Pretty well I think.

Sounds really neat. I'm kinda scared to deal with working on my own but I'm considering something like that as well. If it works for you, it works for you. Never had a real job though, so I can't really make a fair comparison.

>only job was ledger clerk for six weeks
>spend two months looking for a start in it, get two interviews
>one is for complete exploitative pay, didnt get it anyway
>other is for reasonable pay, more than expected, interview went ok but apparently they were thrilled
>three months go by
>they realise their mistake
>fired
>dont know what the fuck to do now, literal 0 jobs at my level, no interviews, nothing
>only jobs i'd have a chance with mean working full time and barely paying bills

considering one of the scammy-looking 'guaranteed job or your money back' courses

>three months go by
>they realise their mistake
What did you do?

didnt do enough work
too nervous to just fucking ask for access to shit i needed to do work
turned up late every day for like a month (but i wouldve gotten away with that)

Balls. I got let go of my first real job after 3 months too. Shit sucked. They didn't really give me a reason. I suspect they thought I wasn't adding value, though they also totally failed to tell me what they wanted, and shot down any of the suggestions I had which would have added value, so *shurg*.
Later connections paid off.

>Why do you want to work for us?
I'm a big fan not starving to death

Accurate, but you really need to suck their dick.
"You guys are on the cutting edge of [x], and I want to contribute to the future."
"I like helping people and your work in [x] will allow that side of me to grow and find fulfilment."

Stable job for 18 months and counting.
Every week I get at least 2 job proposals spam on linkedin.
Before that I didn't believe there is hope for me. Turns out you just need a single break, after gaining some experience (especially in popular languages/frameworks) recruiters won't leave you alone.
You can do it, user, dark days will at some point end. Push yourself forward, it will be worth it.

Find some software company with bug bounty program and try to break their product. Unfortunately there is no single recipe for it, you need to tinker with it and learn some intuition.

Awful, just came back from a whiteboard interview, felt like shit the whole time because who does fucking whiteboard interviews?

Then I got a call from Jabil, there's a vacant as tester, but it pays very little imo, only upside is transportation and food (plus the bonuses they give)

It's not 1980s where only aspies play games, most people do it to chill. If that's a deal breaker for a company, you probably better off working somewhere else.

I'm wondering whether I should remove the fact that I like watching horror media from my resume, think that scares the normies off?

Try it out, even small perks might be good enough. After a year or so you'll have some nice job experience to look for something better. Seriously, I worked for 2.5 years for absolutely abysmal company, however being able to write that in my CV helped a lot to convince other companies of my potential value.

Honestly I'm willing to give anything a shot, neet life sucks.

i made it to group discussion but i spilled my spaghetti there.

Learn how everything web related works , the basics of networking , and at least one scripting language.HackerOne has nice beginner level videos.Then head off to bugcrown or hackerone.

I can't find a job though because all the employers near me want Angular, and I wasted my time on learning Vue and React. These corporate brainlets don't even know the fucking difference between Java and JavaScript, let alone that Angular uses TypeScript, yet they have the gaul to require a BA for entry level positions.

Makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Shit we're on the same boat, the vue dream turned into a nightmare after I learned most people are looking for angular or react.

Would you hguys move for a job? I live in flyover country and the tech sector here is... lacking.

I just got an cybsec internship with Visa up in London sorted for the summer. Pays a shit load, should look golden on a CV, so yea shit's going pretty good senpai.

You can have my job. I'm stuck in niche proprietary software hell

Attached: 1542187793646.png (364x271, 56K)

If Vue wants to have a chance at staying relevant in Vue 3, they need to make TypeScript a first class citizen. In my experience TS works mostly with Vue, but when you start adding on other things like Nuxt or Electron it gets fucky real fast.

Just got accepted to medical school
Will be the first time in 9 years I haven't had a job

>phone interview tomorrow morning
>forgot which version of my resume I sent them

Attached: 1518819853352.jpg (500x473, 55K)

me too familu. you aren't alone in your struggle.

I moved to a different country after being offered a good position with 3x pay. Took the whole family with me.

just wait until they refer to it...
how many versions do you have?

6 versions, mostly lies

I would no longer move but I live in a city that's probably top 10 for tech jobs. I think 99% of software jobs should be remote, but companies are retarded.

damn thats a lot of lies
i only have two (with varying amounts of creativity)

> most people do it to chill.
"To chill" or "as a hobby"? For 2019, it's an extremely bland hobby, like "watching TV".

Because ideally, you're not selling yourself but gaining fruitful insight into life, even if it is through suffering

this. Its the role we have to play, but it helps you see the world.

I enjoy organizing large group efforts in multiplayer games to tackle previously thought of as "impossible" tasks. It has helped me problem solve and work in teams made up of people with different and varied backgrounds to achieve a common goal.

Seriously, why don't you youngster faggots just go into the interview, look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake?

> refuses to spend 2 hours studying comparable frameworks to adequately convince an employer you'll make up the rest on the job

You deserve to be poor desu

I'm already learning it quite quickly, I was just pointing out that learning vue was mostly a waste of time.

How much do you earn with this?

What if I already know this? Just get a program, try to find a bug and submit a report saying how to reproduce it? Can you actually make an income with this?

>unemployed
>final interview went well
>hiring manager goes on vacation
>have to wait two weeks to hear anything

Attached: 1402368873776.png (200x200, 2K)

>hiring manager goes on vacation
user, I...

Got asked for a interview as a .NET developper. how fucked am i?

Just got a reply from a company I did one of those online tests pre-interview for.
>Thank you for completing the challenge. Just to let you know, you scored very well on it.
>I'd like to set up an interview as soon as you're available.
Planning on replying tomorrow morning and setting it up for monday or tuesday. I can complete the programming stuff with little issue, but the interview stage is where I always fail. I'm nervous just thinking about it now.

go to bug bounty

Just got my first dev job, 63k a year.

I would expect a lot of autistic programmers do poorly in interviews and that's your biggest competition. You'll do fine.

define pays a shit load...

Got a phone interview tomorrow. Anybody familiar with Mapbox?

I don't have a job because i don't have any skill neither the motivation to adquiere one

Got the first one I applied to. Contractor at NASA.

yeah but the key is to know which companies pay for bug bounties

Imagine investing time into yourself. You might just have an interesting answer to "Tell me about yourself".

"Well I'm a dedicated shitposter, well known for contributing nothing to society."

Even just basic hobbies, interests, some field of CS you enjoy. Christ. The bar is so fucking low, I'd stub my toe on it.

I always get looks when I tell them I like participating in game jams, specially if the interviewer is a woman/boomer, you have to have some really normie interests or hobbies to look good when this question strikes.

how do you even find a company with ba bug bounty?

Not so good here either.

I’m waiting for an answer. If this goes through I’ll be making 75k working 65 hrs a week. For a 23 year old with no kids or gf is this good. I’m pretty insecure about my income desu.

Damn i want to be north american im a dev too and i make 12k jfc

Depends on where you live. 65 hours is rough though.

I live in California. I go to school we’d thur and fri 6-9

bretty good; at least you don't have a kid who hates you and a wife who fucks other guys while you know it.
You will have less hours for big autism hours here in Jow Forums but hey, you can get good money in order to not starve yourself like people in CA getting just 30k/yr.
Hahahah

Pic unrelated but at least this ain't you.

Attached: 1551225877413.jpg (1951x1535, 770K)

Graduated college a few months back, was a lazy dumbass who didn't do internships and have no projects/portfolio/Github repo to speak of. Needless to say this has not produced a lot of callbacks

That sounds like you didn't make it user. That's one of the typical jargons used by HR to reject candidates in a subtle manner.
I've heard others like:
"We're still restructuring our department, it'll take a few weeks"
Anything that takes more than a few days is a rejection.

I put the game jams I did on my CV and it was the first thing one of the HR guys pointed out and he seemed impressed. Just say it was a fun opportunity to apply your development skills in a time limited situation. You should probably have some non CS/programming related hobby to list as well. Musical instruments are a good one if you play.

I said the n-word in my last interview when describing my self-taught coding as "nigger code" when I meant to say "ghetto code".
It got an odd look even though I'm not racist.

just get 5 years of experience.

What the fuck user

Was a NEET for 5 months, credit cards began to max out so I looked for a job and Mitsubishi was hiring for an Executive Assistant. I lied about some shit how I was executive assistant before at this company and put in my second phone number, when they called to reference check I held a towel over my mouth and did my best to do a foreigner accent. Got a call later to come in for an interview, came in, shat out information I read on Google and gave the firmest fucking handshake possible, even offered to do some problem solving on a whiteboard but thankfully they declined.
Got the job offer and now I work for some old Japanese exec who hates Europe and has me travelling to Japan often where I have shit ton of sushi and sake, also hot spring after every fucking meeting. Motherfucker even tries to get new to come along to the love hotels with some girls.
It's alright I guess the pay is good and all travel and accommodation is paid for, but I still fucking miss being a NEET. Also dealing with people drains my sanity slowly

Attached: 1537866439149.jpg (766x720, 71K)

Mitsubishi is going to die because of you, damn swindler.

Noice.

I feel you bro

Idgaf some people are born knowing everything is bullshit while others will always delude themselves doing it fair and square.
I get to dab on "professionals" with 10+ years experience while I only have 3 months, all because I passed the retard filter and applied for an adult position (exec/management) rather than the wagie who gets treated like a child.
It's funny I'm an exec assistant but just like the execs most of my work is offloaded onto the cohorts of plebs, while I get to drink and party with them.

Attached: hqdefault2.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>Who would win?
>The Mitsubishi Keiretsu
>Some boi with a towel

Of course! I am a natural born , and upon reading the mission and vision of this company I can surely tell they align thoroughly with the thing I am searching in both my professional and personal development. That's why I strive for working here.
Now hire me son of a bitch.

What, you mean like horror movies? I don't see why anybody would think that's too out there. I'm not a fan of putting personal stuff on my resume in general, though.

Breddy gud.

However, I live in one of the most advanced economies of the world, the Basel, Switzerland Area.

The downside of living here is that everyone wants to live here. Foreigner rate is around 30% and those foreigners are not sand niggers or gopniks but young professionals with PhDs. The pharmaceutical industry, the outrageous salaries in the Swiss economy and the quality of life have pulled in a massive amount of people over the past 15 years. I just saw a job ad for a front end developer position that says that the candidate should have a BS, MS or PhD. Competition is extremely hard, but the demand for workers is even higher. It's basically bay area here. I have landed a job as a web/mobile dev and everything's fine, but I just want people to fucking stop speaking English around me.

I play games with my actually aspie friend and his band of miscreants.

Sounds pretty shitty desu.

Sounds fair to me.. where is the nazi gold you swiss cheese roll fucker?

Over £5k for the whole thing. Idk how much that is in dollars.

for how long user?

I make 90'000 CHF (same as USD) a year as a junior.
I'm not sure where the Gold is. When I used to be homeless I haven't received any of it.

10 weeks

>10 weeks for £5 K is around £2K per month..
>practically it would be a 30K per year if it was permanent
Not bad for an internship, housing is gonna be shit though.. expect to pay around 600-700£ for a shitty room