Why aren't freetards rejoicing? They will finally be able to play vidya

Why aren't freetards rejoicing? They will finally be able to play vidya.

Attached: 2Bn6gUz.0.png.jpg (1200x800, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.en.html
news.mit.edu/2014/in-the-blink-of-an-eye-0116
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

botnet

gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.en.html

Two reasons you braindead monkey nigger
1. watching an interactive stream is not playing
2. 133ms is fucking kek, even for console peasant standards.

Average PC is like 100ms, dumbass..

Also human reaction times are around 250ms.

>250ms.

No. Due to years of computer use I can feel variations down to 11ms, and the pins in the tumbler's of combination locks while turning the knob.

Maybe 100ms~ will be tolerable for console retards, but not oldschool "grew up with a 1k 4000+dpi mouse in their hand" types.

>lag
>will surely cost 99$/mo + your isp fee

8k 120fps my ass, its doa like onlive

Microsoft / xbox will do better tbqh

>t. Google shill
>Average PC is like 100ms
PCs don't have an input latency of 100ms. Pic related.
>Also human reaction times are around 250ms.
...a team of neuroscientists from MIT has found that the human brain can process entire images that the eye sees for as little as 13 milliseconds...That speed is far faster than the 100 milliseconds suggested by previous studies...
news.mit.edu/2014/in-the-blink-of-an-eye-0116

100ms is the latency threshold beyond which productivity measurably degrades.

Attached: editor-latency-xml-windows-vs-linux.png (580x430, 27K)

Attached: 1553020693676.webm (752x398, 1.44M)

>11ms
lmao what are you 80? i can tell the difference down to single nanoseconds

image processing != reaction time

this is disgusting

Given that AAA games are all interactive movies, the average user will not feel any difference

holy shit, what garbage.

Processing an image and reacting to it are two entirely different things. It takes time for your brain to send signals down your nerves, for your muscles to then move in response to those signals etc. Pro gamers only have a ~30-40ms reaction difference to regular people, but their muscle memory and experience allows them to predict situations so they can start responding to them immediately.

who's ass are google pulling these comparative numbers from?

Attached: Capture.jpg (708x164, 18K)

you haven't played any video games have you

I dont play vidya anymore, besides Steam has a bunch of decent games like dota, cs, total war etc that run perfectly fine on lanyx natively already, plus a bunch of indie titles and so on.

Might have measured the entire sysrem reaction time from the moment a switch actuates to the moment something happens in an online game.

The numbers seem reasonable.

Basically this shit shouldn't be significantly different from playing an online game, except even your own character is on the server as well, although there will be no lagshooting if google hosts both your game session and the server in the same datacenter

>250 ms
you have no clue how wrong you are.

Awetage human, not awerage Adderal abusing Starcraft player reaction times.

I'm sorry you paid $100 for your 5000 niggahurtz gaymen mouse, but facts are facts.

I'll bite.

People don't get invested in a movie. You can see a movie. You can have a movie, but you don't keep progress in a movie. I think games are something that people are going to be entirely divided on when it comes to streaming services.
A lot of you probably like physical copies of your games. Some of you might like to keep backups digitally... but really the entire idea of your progresses in various games being tied to a monthly subscription over the long term is a little draggy for me.

I also question google's ability to not be as ADHD as fuck with this as they've been with everything else. Google is a company of half-measures. FIX GMAIL! (Here's inbox, ok we're taking inbox away!) FIX GOOGLE+ (Say goodbye to Google+) FIX YOUTUBE (...lolno) CONSOLIDATE YOUR FUCKING MESSAGING PROGRAMS AND GIVE US AN ANDROID EQUIVALENT TO IMESSAGE (NOPE!)

If you know Google, and you know Android and the ecosystem surrounding it, you're probably not going to touch Stadia with a 39.5' pole. They care so long as it makes them money, then they move to something else and Stadia becomes another backburner IP to slowly die the way of Google+.

Stadia sounds retarded.

It's SaaSS, or Service as a Software Substitute. It's unethical since it steals freedom from the user even more than propietary software.

finally someone said it. it's not memorable too. a fucking stadium or something

I think it's meant to suggest Stadium

cancer stadia 4

I'm not a child

>putting up a front that you're too mature for something.
>I'm not a child
What a childish thing to do. Are you king too, Joffrey?

>user has no real control over the platform
>Google decides what you get to play and when
>probably going to spy on you like everything else Google makes
>will likely lead to the death of personal computing as we know it if it becomes popular
Gee, I wonder.

Attached: 1523280392725.jpg (731x989, 664K)

I'm not a manchild.

Locked down system and botnet, telemetry, input lag, dead on arrival.

Parsec already exists.

you're so mature user.

>Also human reaction times are around 250ms.
only for low IQ retards like you

>Got reference
>Muh adults also play gaymes
Typical soi

People have been saying that this is the future for years. That walking around the room switching devices demo is nothing new. I'll get excited when I'll be able to play a platformer through their server and not feel a difference.

Getting Google ads every 10 minutes of gameplay.

Not unless you buy subscription.

Its the plural of stadium, which i think is pretty clever for a video gaming service.

Stazia

how intrusive are the ads tho

wtf stadia is not english lol go back to ur country

On Youtube...very

Stadia sounds like romanian or latin shit.

>consoles
>latency
If anything, it's PCs that are bad about latency. Proper console games are flawlessly stable and use optimized hard- and software to achieve true gaming.

Kinda disadvantaged when it comes to games that are pre-packaged and completey experiences, though.

Either way, 250ms is a ridiculous number.
VR headsets have a target of 20ms in order to avoid a sense of nausea for the user. Anything above that actually damages the illusion of your head movements in the virtual world being your real head movements.

I have a fucking Switch and the lag on those controllers is fucking infuriating. And yet it's "only" 100ms or so.

I already can play all the vidya I want you nigger.

Well
It can be beneficial if it becomes (slightly) successful.
GPU manufacturers would be forced to finally drop the posture and drop prices if they want the lucrative market to still exist.

just another step towards "YOU DON'T OWN NOTHING!" and having to pay a monthly fee to play stuff.

Above 20ms was about the threshold when we had to fix shit in our (mostly expert player) LAN parties so that FPS would stay "fair".

this is a 5G play by Google and this shit will be expensive, ISPs are going to jack prices big time if Stadia takes off

>Proper console games are flawlessly stable and use optimized hard- and software to achieve true gaming.
I guess "proper" console games virtually don't exist then? Pretty much nothing runs above 60FPS stable, and I'm rather certain very few run at

>I guess "proper" console games virtually don't exist then? Pretty much nothing runs above 60FPS stable, and I'm rather certain very few run at This is the domain of PC gaming, actually.
PC gaming pushes new tech, console gaming refines performance on pre-existing tech.
We need both.

user, this is *less free* than having a Windows or other game console on the side. Which I'd basically recommend if you still want to play games..

And less robust/quick than just playing the (anyhow more games than on current gen consoles) on Linux.

> PC gaming pushes new tech, console gaming refines performance on pre-existing tech.
I see no such advantage.

Consoles are just individual waste-of-developer-time proprietary ecosystems on machines with closed off overpriced software ecosystems and hardware that can't be upgraded and largely can't be repaired.

We're better off if they just refine game engines for Windows and Linux.

PS: Multiple console makers also pretty much threw the efforts devs put into engines over board with a new hardware architecture and new OS just about every damn time.

DirectX/OpenGL updates were also annoying, sure, but not *that* bad.

>Consoles are just individual waste-of-developer-time proprietary ecosystems on machines with closed off overpriced software ecosystems and hardware that can't be upgraded and largely can't be repaired.
There is innovation to be found in working within the restrictions set by a pre-set platform.

Working on a console is basically a consolidation of programming techniques - on a PC you never need to optimize to the full extent, but on the console you do.

But starting from scratch means room for getting rid of technical debt.

>streaming games from the botnet
>streaming games at all
disgusting, I'll stick to gpu passthrough

>google tracking
>google account management that locks you out of their services for no reason and there is no support to help you
>chrome
>botnet

>Why aren't freetards rejoicing? They will finally be able to play vidya.
Sure thing.

Attached: 222.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

That's infuriating even for a 30fps pleb like me

Attached: 1550086762242.jpg (400x375, 25K)

> freetards
Woah cool it with the hate speech here.

Then ask a fucking doctor who checks up on truckers' health what is the average reaction time of a human to light changing from green to red.
This is one of the basic tests.

Yeah.
Its almost like the Romans invented Stadiums and arenas.

>stadium
>romans
>bread and circuses
Make me do the big thimk

> on a PC you never need to optimize to the full extent, but on the console you do
Almost all of them do not. They just cut and downgrade the software.

The fraction of companies that does very optimized software is about equally high on PC, really. Mostly a matter of company programming skill and policy.

> But starting from scratch means room for getting rid of technical debt.
You can always do this on PC too.

But generally incremental changes / improvements get you much further in terms of making better games than having to waste 1/2 of the budget on re-doing the engine in full.

This is called SaaSS ,see It's just as bad as using proprietary software.

Because it's a bad idea with how shitty american ISPs are? I mean the data caps alone on some ISPs you'll blow though like crazy.

I don't get it (only ever played games with keyboard) what is this trying to convey and what are people angry about?

Are you retards honestly suggesting that is if I put your hand in a fire it would take you a full 1/4 seconds to react?

This will push developers that want to use Stadia to develop their games with Vulkan primarily. Assuming Stadia actually flops but Google is willing to throw money at it for some marketshare, that means the enthusiast PC segment (essentially Jow Forums, /v/ etc) will still exist AND the games we get from platforms such as Steam/torrents will be Vulkan based. Proton and other solutions for gaming on Linux handle Vulkan very well. There's basically no difference between running a Vulkan game on a Linux box versus Windows.

Stadia is fundamentally flawed by google is willing to keep it alive due to hubris. We benefit in the end.

Attached: 1546628335783.jpg (1041x1041, 295K)

>Stadia sounds retarded.
>finally someone said it. it's not memorable too. a fucking stadium or something
>wtf stadia is not english lol go back to ur country
ITT: illiterate /v/ermin

Attached: stadia.png (406x272, 39K)

Steam OS ftw

>Google is stupid
>some neet on Jow Forums knows better

ah yes, because of the fact that this discussion is occurring on Jow Forums, all arguments which have been made are instantly worthless, because you said so.
shill more and bait more

Attached: BILL CIRNO CLINTON.jpg (400x400, 52K)

that's not what I said or implied.

Not even using remote play on my vita was this bad, wtf

Attached: 0d2.png (398x309, 161K)

yes you did. instead of actually addressing the things which users said, you addressed that they're users of Jow Forums, and because of this, their arguments are all invalid. do you need to reread your own post?

>Google is stupid
These are the same people who don't realize that weather conditions can affect the sensor data on self-driving cars. It's like they never step outside their offices to see what happens in the real world. Not that this is exclusive to Google, as most Silicon Valley types suffer from this kind of tunnel vision.

Google is absolutely banking on 5G and mobilefags for this, so while I won't rule out their success being possible I highly doubt they're going to make even a quarter of the revenue/profit they think they will.

There is a large amount of input lag, given he's hit the jump button three times and it takes a moment to finally jump.

I don't actually want bideo bames, /v/edditor. It was never sour grapes or the inability to play them. I don't want them at all because I'm not a 12 year old retard.

Attached: 1552236568625.png (581x525, 55K)

>interactive stream is not playing
Something tells me you are going to be the next generation of "if your body isn't moving, then it's not a sport"

But this isn't Jow Forums.

>Free
No thanks, I'll keep gaming on linux

Who gives a fuck what it means? It still sounds retarded. Google has fuckall naming sense.

>Typical soi
Tofu is an excellent culinary ingredient.

this

How are you going to remark about games like you play them and then say you dont play vidya lmfaooooo

>SaaS
Go fucking kill yourself with that piece of shit botnet
Services dont replace software you cuck

Jade is my IRLfu

>human reaction times are around 250ms.
that's the time between seeing something and reacting to it, not doing something and excepting its effect, you absolute moron.

botnet, games themselves aren't free even if the source code for stadia is

Attached: hacker cyberchase.png (909x864, 417K)

>if you're using a console you get zero latency when playing online
you heard it here first

>How can you say shit tastes like shit if you haven't tried it lmaoooo roflllllll

I've been saying this since the announcement. This is going to be youtube, but for games, with ALL the capability, baggage, freedom, and lack thereof that implies. Enjoy your "community guidelines".

based google

It runs on windows servers, tho

amem broda

Attached: Stadia.png (439x360, 67K)