Video editor in Linux

What is the best video editor that runs in Linux?

Attached: video-1364122_960_720-1.png (600x600, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjyuVPBuorqIhlqZtoIvnAVQ3x18sNev4
docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blender or DaVinci Resolve.
Everything based on MLT (Kdenlive, Openshot, Shotcut, etc.) is unstable for most users, although Kdenlive is the best of the bunch.

Is blender pretty good or would you recommend something based on MLT?

please read the sticky, use the catalog in the future

oh fuck off. We have to have something to talk about that isn't which android phone is the most boring or which browser opens cp the fastest.

>working under loonix

Attached: 1552874507400.jpg (224x216, 13K)

kdenlive

I'm actually a programmer so Linux works as a great environment for that. I kinda want to learn some basic video editing for the hell of it.

blender

Attached: gnome-shell-screenshot-T079YZ.png (652x178, 41K)

Attached: 1536920603424.jpg (491x398, 108K)

honestly kdenlive or blender

none

> You can do serious work only on Windows! Linuxtards BTFO!
> Oh, you do work on Linux?! Kill yourself!
That way, you can ensure your logic will be flawless.

I work in VFX. Davinic Resolve is great for learning how to edit and fuck around with video. Even comes with fusion now.
Blender is fun too but yeah that interface and the billion features you'll never need. Resolve is very intuitive.

Attached: apu_play.png (923x713, 16K)

Blender is stable and offers extensive functionality. It just takes a bit to get used to.
DaVinci Resolve is easier for beginners, but only free as in free beer and sometimes a bitch to get it to run (depending on your distro; only RHEL and CentOS are officially supported afaik).
I'm not recommending anything based on MLT. I'm just saying that Kdenlive is the best MLT based video editor.

Emulate Adobe Premiere.

Cool, I think I'll try out blender. Is it best to just fuck around in it for a while or are there any tutorials you enjoyed?

Blender is one of the few instances, where I prefer YT tutorials. Just fucking around usually gets you nowhere. Personally I like
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjyuVPBuorqIhlqZtoIvnAVQ3x18sNev4
but there are tons of videos out there. Their manual is also a good place to get infos
docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/

Just use Windows
Don't bother with alternative

All I know is it's definitely not openshot

Linux is a kernel.

Windows mre like winjew

Thanks I'll check these out

Kdenlive is pretty good.
I don't edit videos professionally, so I don't know what the limitations are.
I use it with ffmpeg scripts so I can quickly make a low quality version and work on that. Then I just replace the files in the end and render the high quality version.

KDEnlive.