Is it possible to modify the browser's fingerprint so that it's no longer unique?

is it possible to modify the browser's fingerprint so that it's no longer unique?
i heard about chameleon for firefox for starters

Attached: 1552991294904.jpg (750x750, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/?src=recommended
amiunique.org/
browserprint.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. That's what Tor and Firefox can do pretty well.
>i heard about chameleon for firefox for starters
Tweaking FF is usually enough to become as non-unique as possible. Their wiki seems like a good place to look up the basics though.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker/?src=recommended

>Yes. That's what Tor and Firefox can do pretty well.
>>i heard about chameleon for firefox for starters
>Tweaking FF is usually enough to become as non-unique as possible. Their wiki seems like a good place to look up the basics though.
I can bet that javascript checks the uniqueness of the browser, yes ?
can you fool it (much in the same way that anti adblocks detectors work)?

is it better than chameleon ?

>I can bet that javascript checks the uniqueness of the browser, yes ?
Many aspects of your browser can't be determined with JS disabled, yes.
>can you fool it (much in the same way that anti adblocks detectors work)?
Tor and tweaked FF spoof certain values, but in many cases it's easier to simply block features that can be used to identify you (e.g. WebGL, webaudio API).

>itt js enabled fags
fucking lmao

just stop using browser and find a better way to spend your time.

Attached: IMG_20190316_175257_722.jpg (748x932, 110K)

firefox has some built in fingerprinting protection

>about:config
>privacy.resistFingerprinting = true

That just changes your browser time to UTC instead of whatever is local.

not true. It changed my OS from Win8.1 to 7, from firefox v66 to v60, the resolution, number of cores from 4 to 2, and so on...

Additionally it also switches your user-agent, forces a custom window resolution at start-up and returns a specific canvas, all to match your default Tor browser.

why? you literally glow in the dark if you have some obscure OS+weird browser config/extensions

It makes sense when you use Linux and don't want to stand out. "Windows 10 + latest Chrome version" useragent is best useragent.

Yeah, spoofing your user-agent is no problem. Unfortunately it's no problem to detect your real OS, unless you have JS disabled.

ok so using icecat does something

Attached: Screenshot.png (1080x1084, 135K)

Care to post the detailed infos? Never saw IceCat's results before. I think they have anti-fingerprint measures active by default, don't they?

What site is that?

amiunique.org/

everything is just "no JS" with the exception of the User agent which shows:
"Mozilla/5.0 (Android 9; Mobile; rv:60.0) Gecko/60.0 Firefox/60.0"
now how do i change that
amiunique.org

Disabling the canvas is only one of about a hundred measures you have to take to become anonymous.

I'm unique but my gob isn't competent enough to track anyone online, should I still get chameleon or something?

Really? Doesn't it show information about your time zone, screen resolution, cookie acceptance, etc.?

Use Tor or tweaked Firefox and uBlockOrigin to disable all JavaScript by default. You'll be non-unique and the only way to identify you will be through your IP.

thats fucking odd
its not stable
40% will give me almost
60% will give me unique

Attached: Screenshot.png (1080x1561, 127K)

Probably the last point about adblocking. Sometimes it realizes I use uBlock Origin, other times it doesn't. That changes the final score.

Btw if you want a more extensive test, try browserprint.info/