So I hear the Stadia is gonna not only kill consoles and PC Gaming...

So I hear the Stadia is gonna not only kill consoles and PC Gaming, it's gonna kill computer hardware which means you will no longer own computers, but rather own a terminal which you use to access the cloud with Windows/Mac etc.

Is this actually a thing that could happen soon? People also think it will kill game development.

Attached: 349409-back-up-your-cloud-how-to-download-all-your-data.jpg (810x456, 42K)

This shit won't last 5 years.

You do know that that's how computers started out and worked like for decades, right?

So your saying it's good to regress back to that?

When the computational power that you require exceeds the physical form of the device you want it on, then what is the problem?

Well the problem is not being able to save your own data as it's at the mercy of whomever owns the data you are streaming from.

And of course not having any actual privacy.

Keep in mind I am talking about home computing.

Most cloud services allow you to locally save your data. They do however prefer you to keep it in the cloud so you can access it from any other device, which can also be in your interest.

Right, but this doesn't excuse input lag and of course the fact corporations are corrupt as hell.

Considering that, I don't want my computer to just be a terminal with a streaming GPU in it. That's just kinda scary and I'm shocked you sound so cool with it.

Subscriptions can go fuck themselves.

>no physical copy of anything
>Nothing downloaded on local storage that you can havk to work even if online services are down
Yeah, not gonna happen in the pc marked, maybe on the console, but is a far fetch tought. Maybe in 20 years tho, when everything is being release in this way

normies that don't care about videogames will love this
that's false modern consumer hardware can handle modern software, this is just another way to further centralize and take away control from the user

Attached: 9c208706-3b20-41b6-9143-78bd4ee06dfa.gif (350x350, 881K)

PSNow and Nvidia Shield had offered game streaming for years. That's why no one has consoles or PCs anymore.

Good one, I will give you that.

No never gonna happen

So it will happen in the PC market?

do you have a single fact to back that up?

>Is this actually a thing that could happen soon?
I also think consumer computing is headed that way. However market will strongly oppose that, as specs in both computers and phones are a strong selling point and makes people to change their devices constantly.
To drop this market is to remove an important part of the actors, and they will do anything in their power for that not to happen.
Let's see who wins.

I've been using shadow for the past 8 months for everything from gaming to rendering in redshift. And I have fairly shitty internet. I've traditionally been an early adopter. I think goog's tech will be even better. check back in around 16 months from now, I think they'll be very successful.

Barely 15% of America and Europe combined have access to Fibre. It's not gonna happen anytime soon. It's not even gonna happen in this century. And by then climate change will probably have killed humanity anyways so no. It's not gonna happen now or ever.

What ever you say paid shill ;)

>When the computational power that you require exceeds the physical form of the device you want it on, then what is the problem?

Attached: 1.jpg (551x549, 58K)

Most people already don't control their hardware so this wouldn't make a significant difference for them.

Attached: 390a93aa40201f16b1d27a885eeecc03937d97e777462bfbc9103a5238b60782-pol.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

That's weird. I mean their physical hardware being replaced by a streaming chip which turns the computer into nothing more than a terminal connected to a large network.

component manufacturers can probably make significant efficiency gains by reducing SKUs and selling at scale. why bother selling i5s to joe shmo when you can sell a thousand xeons to infinicorp.

You guys are oddly cool with this.

I thought you guys were all about freedom and privacy?

i like the idea of having access to more compute, subsidised by chad and stacy. i suspect services like this will offer data encryption from the get go.

mostly i've just come to accept that the fight is mostly lost. block all the trackers you want on your browser, it doesn't matter. the data harvesting model has encroached the real world and will only expand.

the fundamental societal shift required to restore people's rights over the data they generate is something i can't see happening.
you'll see movements like this gain traction over the course of 20s. it'll be too late. the botnet is unrelenting and very efficient.

maybe gnu will be the only os that you can own now and hardware manafactures will be forced to make hardware for it alone thus the year of the linux will finaly arrive

>what are mainframes

Jow Forums has been flooded with google shills.