So, trans/g/enders, CS or mathematics?

So, trans/g/enders, CS or mathematics?

Attached: 1522369377525.png (720x672, 388K)

>CS = celibacy studies
go for math

computer engineering

Mathemathics
t. About to go study CS

hahaha fags

Both pussy, I'm doing double major right now, it's not bad at all.

Physics > EE
Math > CS

it depends.
if you want to play it safe -> CS
if you think you're going to work really REALLY hard -> maths
CS ensures you a future. you can always work as a code monkey if you fuck it up.
fuck up in maths and you'll end up jobless.
but if you want to have a career in something interesting, you'd be better off studying maths, because if you study CS you'll be lacking some serious things in statistics for example if you want to do machine learning. you could still do by but you'll hate yourself for not understanding exactly how things work and you'll forever be not comfortable enough.
t. graduate CS student

Don't do pure math

I studied computer science, but if I get a masters I'd really like to try Computer Engineering or Electrical Computer Engineering.

This is probably best for your career if you can swing it.

Did pure math, now I make $100k doing babby tier web dev in Node/Express and AWS shit

No.

three months into cs course and if this doesn't get any math-heavier the next semester i'm dropping this crap and going for computer engineering quite honestly. i seriously didn't think cs uni would be this slow specially when it comes to mathematics

Attached: 1553091859717.jpg (1280x461, 105K)

soft engineering*

How did you get that job?

A lot of strange luck desu. A Russian guy posted an ad on craigslist for node developer and I just spent a week going over how to use it.
Starting pay was shit but I just got out of an almost felony with no experience so it saved me.
He liked how I migrated the legacy app onto linux which saved a bunch of costs, so he started automating a bunch of stuff but he got in a fight with the CEO so he quit and I just went through the servers' bash history and had a rough idea what everything was since he was comfortable showing me the infrastructure.
Never heard of AWS until he left.
Basically saved the company from collapsing so I asked for another raise and said the base salary for my job is $100k.
They also liked how I explained the problems in extreme Laymen's with no jargon, I think that's what really did it.

I did both. Math is more interesing and heady. But CS can get you a job.

Software Engineering.

Yes

CS is just an application of mathematics aimed at idiots

Ok, I wondered how you could make that sort of money for that kind of work but that definitely explains it.

As a note to the thread, I studied math, dropped out and became a NEET, but then went back to university to study Economics and now I work in Finance. I have a similar situation where I'm on shit starting pay now but it will improve over time. From my experience of math, it's interesting, but your heart has got to be in it because it's difficult and you've got to be prepared to practice. I only studied a couple CS courses and found them easier, but they were pretty babby tier compared to some stuff people I know did. Both CS and math can get you a job, if that's your aim, so I guess whatever you're more interested in because that's what you will be more willing to actually work at over the course of four years.

Funny I was planning on going into fintech, it's all C++. Financial engineering is fun but it's not like webdev where you can teach yourself completely with online resources (I used Lynda mainly).
Unless you have Adderall or something it'll be difficult, even with a math background.

Like all engineering fields you have to familiarize yourself with a lot of applied properties, and be very familiar with stuff like stochastic differential equations (assuming you want to get into the actual good stuff), as well as really strong abilities in optimization, which only comes about through experience.

Can confirm, if you don't dare to hit on girls on clubs/student activities you will not get one in CS. Only like 3 or so girls in a year of over 100 students.

i have 10 female classmates in a class of 35. like 6 or 7 of them are extra hot. most of the boys are hot as well btw. maybe i'm just lucky, who knows

Good for you, anyone who's gf material though that you have a chance on? The girls in my class are pretty hot too, but there are so few and taking different courses.

i think I'm going to try to talk with this one cute girl that i exchange looks with from time to time at some point, but not quite yet as i don't want to seem too desperate. i'm not exactly good with girls honestly, but i'm not a tryhard yet either

Don't know if this is hypocrisy since I'm a pussy when it comes to girls, but doing something is probably better than doing nothing.
>tfw my gf-less streak will probably continue through university
But hey, guys don't peak until in their thirties and younger girls love older guys, r-right.

Attached: nervous anime girl smiling with fingers.png (962x695, 823K)

Maybe

>Physics > EE
In what way? I've seen too many physics students end up cleaning pools after graduation to believe this is anything other than bait.

Attached: 1539442418977.jpg (1024x1024, 156K)

This.

mathematics

t. studied math and got a developer job because I was dabbing on the CS applicants

Attached: 1552587371150.jpg (1440x937, 297K)

What's "extreme Layman's"?

>I've seen too many physics students end up cleaning pools after graduation to believe this is anything other than bait.
i-is this true?
asking for a friend of course

Attached: 1530043488728.jpg (301x311, 42K)

CS
t. Math student failing all his classes