I want to get into to building electronics. What are the most essential components I need to get before I get started...

I want to get into to building electronics. What are the most essential components I need to get before I get started? I already own a breadboard, arduino, raspberry pi, some wires, LEDs, and a few 220 resistors.

Also what are some useful beginners resources or tutorials?

Attached: whats-breadboard-670x335.jpg (670x335, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adafruit.com/product/1261
booksdescr.org/item/index.php?md5=4ACFD409D6560A1B0F01292684427C3B
hackaday.io/lists
falstad.com/circuit/circuitjs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It really depends on what you want to do. If you want to mostly work with the arduino then get a book about it that targets beginners.
Also consider watching Electroboom and Bigclive on youtube

A soldering station.

Electroboom. Is that the guy that purposely electrocutes himself and demonstrates stupid shit so others dont make his mistakes? Also has huge pain tolerance

Yes. His stuff is mostly high voltage but it's still relevant if you want to learn basics

EE student here
Buy all the Elenco parts and Make:Electronics books

Fun and projects are your friends

Also
Make is a YouTube channel
There a lot of them
EEVlog, ElectricBoom, William Osman
Etc etc
The list goes on for days

Get a set of resistors. Soldering equipment. Capacitors. Diodes. Transistors (mosfet if you're fancy). And then it depends on what you want to do. If you're new you can look up adafruit. Their stuff is overpriced but most of it comes with usage instructions

By the book microelectronic circuits by that fat Egyptian dude.

taydaelectronics.com

also get resistor assortment packs
get a hakko soldering iron , and 858d for hot air if you want, a silicoon soldering mat

Get some capacitors too.
If you delve more into electronics and can afford it get a good oscilloscope.

>breadboard
that should probably be fine for starters but look into getting a soldering iron and some prototype pcb:s, they are really nice
get some microcontroller, preferably just the cpu not the entire ecu, atmega328 is cheap and easy to make stuff with on a breadboard/pcb, or just go with an arduino like every other person
some leds, doides, various resistors, transistors (mosfets), op amps, capacitors, inductors, buttons, joystick, motors, buzzers, sensors of different kinds, and whatever you find cheap i guess

DC power supply, signal generator, oscilloscope, multimeter, and one of those big electronics project kits from amazon. You can teach yourself basically everything there is to know about electricity with all that.

>scope
no.. no way too advanced, too expensive. one step at a time user

>multimeter
Absolute must, a good one i got bkprecision for $100 love it more than my Fluke

>variable dc power supply
kind of but not really, yet

>signal generator
no

Get a multimeter, a 3.3/5/12V power supply, and a proper solder station (a basic one is enough, but make sure it's high quality)

Don't get stuck with Arduino, the microcontroller world is much bigger than that. Also, buy some modules like bluetooth, alphanumeric screen, NFC or whatever gets your attention, otherwise you'll get bored really fast with those LEDs.

>no.. no way too advanced, too expensive. one step at a time user
I agree, but if OP gets serious about electronics he will want one eventually

>Absolute must, a good one i got bkprecision for $100 love it more than my Fluke
yeah that's why I said it

>kind of but not really, yet
OP don't listen to this guy

>no
yes

Learn ohms law, learn Altium, get to know the Chinese.
That should do it.

but what do you think he is going to start doing off the bat?

If you don't keep a soldering station on your desk ready to go then you're not serious about electronics. Breadboard was made for parents to give to their kids so they don't burn themselves.

this book is FUCKING amazing
adafruit.com/product/1261

booksdescr.org/item/index.php?md5=4ACFD409D6560A1B0F01292684427C3B

Attached: 1261-04.jpg (970x728, 453K)

umm breadboards are for prototyping / designing circuits. how much time/plastic do you waste

i'd add that this book is the place to start for getting into purely analog circuits. if you're interested in digital start with an arduino kit. if you're a programmer digital/arduino will be easier entry

wrong board to ask, try /diy/
Jow Forums is for brand shills and gentoo

>thinks breadboards are for prototyping / designing circuits
>doesn't know what perfboard is

This is what you're actually supposed to prototype with, fyi.

Attached: A-5032_2.jpg (500x500, 86K)

Fuck off bitch

Seems like OP wants to make stuff more than test the IV characteristics of components. On the other hand, the Chinese sell budget versions of all this stuff on eBay. If you're looking to work on your soldering skills, you can buy the oscilloscope/signal generator kits for sightly cheaper and do it yourself, but it's a bitch to solder the smd resistors when you've never even soldered anything before

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 14K)

>It really depends on what you want to do.
This is the problem I have. What I want to do is LEARN; I don’t have a project in mind. It’s kinda chicken and egg; I don’t have a project in mind because I don’t know how to do anything, therefore I don’t know what can be done, and need to learn.

>I don’t know what can be done
hackaday.io/lists

I have zero interest in almost everything I am seeing in these lists

Then you're an uncreative and unintelligent shit fuck. How do people like you even operate? Do you understand at all the concept of learning and intermediate goals?

build a remotely operated machine gun

You can get used analog scopes for about 50€ on whatever your local craigslist equivalent is

Thanks bro

I learnt most of my electronics knowledge and intuition by drawing a circuit into a simulator and then figuring out how it works. Analag synths are a good way to learn, search for "(simple) analog vco schematic" or something along those lines and figure how it works. Here is a great simulator for that:
falstad.com/circuit/circuitjs.html
Also ltspice, but it doesnt visualize as good.

If the list you showed me was supposed to be peak creativity, the issue doesn’t lie with me for finding those uninspiring.