Your top 3 programming languages. JS and Ruby not allowed. Python is allowed

Your top 3 programming languages. JS and Ruby not allowed. Python is allowed.

Attached: 1548100381869.jpg (1125x1476, 283K)

i no 0

Perl
C
Go

what's wrong with ruby? its pretty fucking based for a scripting language
C++
Go
Rust

The question is, what is wrong with JS and how can you let the abomination that is Python syntax slide? HURR ITS SO CLEAN YOU WILL NEVER KEEP TO 80 CHARS PER LINE EVEN IN A LAMBDA. Anyways:
Haskell
Ada
JS would be third.

I generally don't like imperative/non-declaraticve programming. Ada gets a pass because muh generic packages.

Python
Java
VBA

What mode am I? Learning Golang because Flask has outlived it's usefulness for my projects.

Rust
C++
Go

C++
Coq
Maybe Scheme or C

>Python
>See 1
>See 2

Attached: 1552499474218.png (225x225, 8K)

1. Javascript
2. Java
3. Ruby

I've only done tuts for ruby but i like the syntax.
JS and Java i use everyday , ES7 is great and Spring is wizardry, eat my scrotum contrarian fags.

Go
Java
C++

1. D
2. Python
3. C

c#
c++
haskell, maybe

Python
C
Lisp of any sort

Go
Python
... ? Bash, I guess.
I "know" many other langs, but I honestly think I suck at dev'ing

Julia
Elixir
Nim

html
javascript
css

Go, C, JavaScript

python
c
go

Fuck you, Ruby > Python

1. C++
2. Ruby
3. Who cares?

In order of expertise
C
C++
Python

In order of usage
C++
Python
C

scheme
haskell
idk, bash maybe

C
Lua
ARM assembly

How many anons even dominate more than 3 programming languages?

I dont use my favorite langs much but
1. C
2. Python
3. Assembly

C/C++
Go
Python

in order of expertise:
Python
Python
C++

javascript
css
html

C++
Java
Python

Visual Basic (tears up)

kys

>C++
>Java
>Python

this is a well rounded skillset i still need to learn java

1. C++
2. idk
3. does minecraft redstone count?

1.) Ruby
2.) Elixir
3.) Java

same except need to learn Python, but I hate its existence too much to practice

get shit done language: Go
scripting language: Lua
battle tank: C++

Crystal (since Ruby is banned)
Python
C

Those are the only languages I know that I really like.

what can be done with Crystal?
are there are serious projects in it?

idk about you but I'm competent in c, c++, and go, and reasonably competent in python and ruby, and I can get by in js just fine

Python is used by people who need intense data science and heavy computation libraries. Even though Python's syntax can look childish, the people who use it are smarter than JS and Ruby "devs." If you want to make you gay ass websites, fine. Learn some JS. For everything else, use python. Ruby doesn't belong on this earth, and I believe people are slowly realizing this. From an educational standpoint, I consider learning Ruby to be harmful, and teaching it to be malpractice. If you're triggered by this, suck my dick, I speak truth.

You fuck her and then you pay her, that's what you can do with Crystal. Or maybe it's the kind that's supposed to heal you when you rub it on your skin.

Why aren't JS and Ruby not allowed? Anyway, removing those two, Python, C++ and 6508 Assembly

Idris
execline
Malbolge

Probably because they make you a second-rate programmer

Attached: highlarious.jpg (640x427, 99K)

that's funny and all, but TechEmpower's tests done in Crystal don't even complete
it's just a toy language

C
Go
ARM Asm

Typescript
Rust
Elixir

Python
C/C++
Java

Impressive all that Golang answers

a good lang is a good lang

c++
java
c#

Rust
Python
C#

Python is used because it's easy, not for any technical reasons. The language itself is awful for compute intensive tasks. Proper computation software is written in C++, C or Fortran; not Python.
Your criticisms resemble the thought process of a twelve year old and aren't worth dissecting.

Python
Go
C
I've never really used anything else besides Java for school.

This, but Python is not a close third.

It's used by those people because they aren't programmers and python is all they can handle. Julia will make Python obsolete for those tasks, it's just too slow.

>js and ruby no
>python yes
Your thread sucks OP.

Listen you dumb fuck. People who use python are not programmers and are not necessary looking for performance but an easy way to accomplish their work in other complicated domains like AI, chemistry, big data systems. Tell me numpy and tensorflow aren't easy to use heavy computation libraries. You're either stupid, illiterate or deliberately misrepresenting me to look smart. Any way you slice it, you're gay.

C
Fortran
Common Lisp

anybody who says anything else is a retard

Julia is going exactly nowhere, just like Ruby

Look at these idiots. It must hurt that many of those "second rate" programmers earn way more than you morons ever will.

None of those libraries are written in Python they are all written in C, C++, or Fortran and only use Python to glue the interfaces together. You can literally use JS or R as frontends for Tensorflow also, there is nothing unique about Python.
If you tried to write any of the numerics or ml libraries in Python, their performance would be unusably slow. Why do you think numpy requires all that fancy indexing garbage instead of just doing a for loop? It's because a for loop in python is too slow, so you need to work around the language to do anything efficiently.
So who is the dummy?

Haskell
Python
C

You frighten me deeply

You are. You're just trying your best to misrepresent me.

> there is nothing unique about Python.

Except that it's extremely easy to use for non-programmers.

Of course I know how these libraries were made. The fucking Python interpreter is written in C. Python is just a wrapper around C. Yes there's TesorflowJS, and R is a fine language. (I notice that you didn't/ can't say the same for Ruby, because the entire language is essentially a one-trick pony). Bingo! Get fucking wrecked. Please, just stop.

>Fortran
Honest question, do you enjoy utilizing that language? or are you just in for the m
-+oney there's in it?

You better not ask about my top three doujins then

Rust
Coq
Python

Python
C#
C++

>You are. You're just trying your best to misrepresent me.
What am I misrepresenting. You have already admitted that Python is used because it requires next to no programming experience to use, not for any technical merits. It is literally babbies first programming language.

I never said anything about Ruby because your criticisms are laughable. Do you even know the difference between Ruby and Rails? You don't appear to from the sounds of things.
Ruby is comparable to Python in many respects, but with a stricter OO model. But I don't you know anything about programming beyond buzzword libraries and frameworks, so the comparisons would be lost on you.

>Admitted non-programmer shits on professional programmers for using the correct language for their job

Attached: npc.png (324x362, 45K)

> Python is used by people who need intense data science and heavy computation libraries. Even though Python's syntax can look childish, the people who use it are smarter than JS and Ruby "devs."

This is what I said. What issue do you take with that? I never claimed that Python was used by people TO DESIGN heavy frameworks, but that it's USED BY people who need to interface with these frameworks easily. TF and numpy are example of these frameworks and it was entirely relevant to bring them up. You're making it seem as if I'm just spouting off buzzwords with no real point. I don't even use Python, I'm not some fucking apologist. Just admit it, you're 100% misrepresenting me.

c++
rust
elixir

>You're making it seem as if I'm just spouting off buzzwords with no real point. I don't even use Python, I'm not some fucking apologist. Just admit it, you're 100% misrepresenting me.
You contradict yourself within two sentences. You keep talking about these libraries, and then admit to not using the language they are for.
As someone who DOES use Python daily, and for data science applications, I have to struggle against the language to accomplish the same things I would get for free in C++ and would switch if I could.

Python
Elixir (or Erlang, I like Erlang better for the syntax)
Lisp

fuck your static typing bullshit retards

Python
JavaScript
Julia (which I never get to use for anything besides small personal projects)

>top 3
In what respect? That I know? That I like? That I dislike? That I wish I knew? Fucking horrible thread OP.

Go
C
That's it.

this

Python (Spec. IronPython)
C#
Java (to my dismay)

They aren't sorted anyhow.
I kinda know Java, but I'd need a handbook in order to use it (i did couple shitty apps for Android), while Python and C++ don't require using handbooks much.

I see no contradiction.

And if you struggle against Python for doing work in data science you're surely dumber than you've demonstrated yourself to be.

Clojure
C
C#

>Let me tell you why this language is a good fit for this purpose and why all of these other languages are garbage
>BTW I don't use any of them, don't accuse me of being uninformed lol
reads like a twitter thot.

It's unsurprising you don't understand the challenges of moving python from a notebook to production, you've never used the language before right?

I'm in undergrad.

I've really only touched C# and Java.

Also, fuck ASP.NET. why is that shit so hard to learn???

T. Mostly A student, who's websysdev class makes him feel like a brainlet

Too Used:
>C# cause muh job
>SQL also cause muh job
>Python cause muh machine learning

Top Favorite
> LISP cause meta programming
> Haskell cause pure FP
> Verilog cause hardware design is cool

C
C++
Python

epic

the people who make these posts can program in one at most two programming languages lmfao you're braindead

I've used Beautifulsoup + requests and pandas and numpy for webscraping. I've used pydub for merging .wav files into powersets. I've used Selenium for browser automation. I've used both Flask and Django. I've used curses for simple command line tools. I've extended the interpreter in C. I've used Dash, matplotlib, seaborn and the other datavis libraries. I've done a lot of stuff in python but I don't use it professionally, nor do I use it daily. I know more than enough about the language to comment on it. Maybe I'm even better at using it than you are since, as you say, it makes you "struggle."

>I don’t use the language
>But I actually do use the language and know more than you about it
Gotta keep your story straight mate. Now how about setting up proper testing for all of your python services and making sure all of the code that worked in the PhDs notebook is actually useable outside of the lab. Python being an easy language means lots of people with no business writing code get hired to do just that.

I'm more of a c99 and c11 person but old c 1 and 2
is good too

C
Python
Java

doesn't use != has never used

People being hired for the wrong reasons doesn't change the fact that my initial statement (re. people who use Python need easy-to-use computationally heavy frameworks) is true.

C++
Kotlin
Haskell

>import-thon
>good

Forth
Hy
Nim

>top 3
top as in "favorite" or top as in "what I'm best at?"
>favorite
1. Nim
2. Haskell
3. C
>what I'm best at
1. C
2. Nim
3. ARM assembly

> What I have the most fun programming in
1. Scheme
2. Python
3. C/C++
> What I use most often
1. Python (quick scripts n such)
2. Java (quick gui's n shit)
3. C/C++ (anything else)

Wanna learn how to do more in Scheme though.. shits sexy.

Python
C

don't know any others but feel pretty happy with those two.

C#
Java
Python
I'm learning swift and it might take Python's spot though.
yeah, I actually got turned off from learning it after seeing all the golang hate here. Were all the go hate threads just bait?