I've been thinking. I myself am a GNU/Linux user myself...

I've been thinking. I myself am a GNU/Linux user myself, but I know people who are reliant on Windows 7 for the time being. Windows 7 is about to die, but Windows POSready 7 is going to be supported for a while longer. I used Windows 8 Embedded for a period of my life on a laptop that wouldn't run anything other than Win 8, and I had a positive experience with it after gutting all the bullshit. How sustainable would it be to run Windows POS Ready 7 if you're migrating from 7 proper? I'm about to build a new PC for my dear friend and I was thinking about putting that on there so he has an extra year and a half of support left on it. Said friend REFUSES to use Windows 10. Thoughts, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1303369583.or.94053.png (1280x800, 663K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/aviraj/2011/07/04/microsoft-windows-thin-pc-now-availabledownload-evaluation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think your friend is an idiot because Windows 10 is fine. Why does he refuse to use Windows 10? If he's that much of an autist, why not just use Linux?

>I think your friend is an idiot because Windows 10 is fine.
Hi shill.
>Why does he refuse to use Windows 10?
It's inconsistent, looks at all your dick pics, buggy as shit, buttfuck ugly and has inconsistent support for everything older than a few years.
>If he's that much of an autist, why not just use Linux?
FL Studio is how he makes a living

>Windows 7 is about to die
No it's not. It wil be commonly used for years to come.

>Why does he refuse to use Windows 10?
>Why does he refuse to install spyware?

W10 is NSA spyware. Do not recommend W10.

Just use 7, it will be fine, and supported until 2025.

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 1.34M)

7's EOL is in January of 2020.
The second it stops being supported Google will throw the baby out with the bathwater by ripping browser support out of it. Firefox will follow suit and with he lack of security updates, your system will become more and more vulnerable to brutal assrape as the years go by.

>7's EOL is in January of 2020.
It won't. Wait and see. It will be supported at least until October 2025

>It won't. Wait and see. It will be supported at least until October 2025
[citation needed]

If he's just using 7 for FL Studio, he should be fine using it until FL no longer supports it. Just don't connect it to the internet in a few years when it starts being a security hazard.

>Google will throw the baby out with the bathwater by ripping browser support out of it.
We use Windows 7 to avoid Microsoft spyware, why the fuck would we use Google spyware?

Attached: EFB9300C-EC0C-4D7E-B5EF-39AC8D053804.gif (463x698, 174K)

What are the sources? Your dumb bitch ass?

Because that's the current EOL of Windows build 7601.

Surely windows 7 is trustable anons

If you could actually read you would realize that Google owns a monopoly on browsers and webapps via electron shit. The second Google drops support Firefox will as well just like they did with XP and Vista. Soon there will be no browsers you can safely use on Windows 7.
Quit spewing bullshit and provide an actual source.
You can do an objective network traffic monitor of 7 and see that it's fine if you strip telemetry out of it. The problem with 10 is that even if you were to disable all the spyware, you cannot disable the infrastructure it has to re-enable shit when you're not looking. Windows 7 wasn't built with this in mind and would require an overhaul to implement correctly. Your claims are completely unfounded in speculation.

Attached: f62c2c12dab6c1654606376f05d6de1f.jpg (1567x2500, 616K)

Because that's the current EOL of 7601 family, dumbass.

>Because that's the current EOL of 7601 family, dumbass.
Source please. If this were the case, you wouldn't see threads about this every single fucking day, and you wouldn't have mass marketed shit everywhere saying Windows 7's EOL is next January, and what their short term corporate plans are.

>Google owns a monopoly on browsers and webapps via electron shit
Just because you and the other NPCs are happy to be part of the Google botnet doesn't mean that everyone is.
I could safely use Windows 98 right now if I wanted.

Nigger learn to READ. How is it possible for one human being to be this dense? Even if you wanted to use Firefox, or any of it's derivatives, which I most certainly do, Firefox will stop working the second Chrome does. Most people use Chrome, so when the browser of choice for most people stops working, the entire system will be considered obsolete by all software developers. This happened when XP died and it WILL happen again, mark my fucking words, because Microsoft WANTS it to happen, now more than ever.

Putin shill plz go

just use 7, even if it runs out of support nothing will change, i myself run an instance of 7 which hasn't been updated in years and haven't seen a single problem yet

>Firefox will stop working the second Chrome does
What the fuck are you talking about?

Please keep my lover and bff out of this discussion so you and I don't have any problem, mmkay?

some old versions of browsers are still usable nowadays mostly without a problem, on xp you can run firefox 45 and some other browsers without a problem

Have you been on the modern internet even once lately?

IRL you don't need anything but the ESUs which WILL leak along with their checksums. Windows machines usually need reloading after a year of use anyway, and plenty of people never update their Windows installs.

If you don't know what ESU means, KYS. Read and learn.

>Soon there will be no browsers you can safely use on Windows 7.

You can use Tor browser, which is the safest way to browse.

Friendly reminder that virtual machines exist and running a stripped down version of any OS with a "modern" (((secure))) browser is always possible. I suggest Android because its meant to be used on more constricted hardware so the browsers use much less resources.

Truth. I keep my Windows installs in VMs on Linux hosts. So should OPs autismalbro.

If you only make music with an computers, cant you do it completely offline?

There: no problem anymore in security despite what kind of OS you are using

I currently use WES7, I am going to move to Thin PC (same EOL as POSReady7) because it is easier on resources
>blogs.technet.microsoft.com/aviraj/2011/07/04/microsoft-windows-thin-pc-now-availabledownload-evaluation/

yes

The idiot is you by ignoring all Windows 10 flaws and flops.
Shame on you.

I'm just hoping ReactOS becomes stable at some point.
Fuck Windows 10.

>Thin PC
>32 bit only

>GNU/Linux
Linux

>Windows 10 is fine.
They don't even have a fucking bug testing division and their last major update was a nuclear fuckup, who the fuck do you think will fall for this bullshit?

Windows 8.1 is closer to 7 than 10, and lets you choose if you want to check for updates and if so which ones specifically to install. It is also easier to tweak UI features and it can operate extremely similarly to 7 in most aspects. There are almost no major features in 10 that 8.1 lacks, to boot.

Tell me about Windows 8 embeded, can you forgo metro during package customization?

GNU/Linux
Kernel is not an operating system.

Use LTSB/LTSC or an older version and defer updates. It's literally fucking easy to have a stable Windows 10 existence. It's a pain in the ass to set it up to work right, but hey, you basically have to set up a Linux distro to run how you want, and Windows 10 is no different.

To use Windows 10 comfortably, you have to stay away from the main update branch and not install updates right away. Using an older version on the SAC with deferred updates, like 1709 or 1803 means you just get security patches and not experimental buggy updates.