Compact cameras are dead

Press F to pay respect

Attached: 3q.jpg (1450x1227, 217K)

thank you fixed wideangle faggotry smartphone normalfags

I had that camera but lost it. still miss it

I only buy the totl 'made in japan' models at the thrift store. Got a finepix that shoots raw.

Attached: BEKA-12002440x2_02_L.jpg (1440x1080, 152K)

>dead
>rx100

I had the A510.
Being able to just use 2 rechargeable AAs was incredible. Even if you ran out of power you could just hop into some shop and get some fresh AAs.
Also, the manual mode of it was really capable and it was tons of fun.

Since I am repulsed by iPhones and every other smartphone to the point of wanting to vomit every time I see someone using one, I am going to get a normal camera for taking photos,

because I am normal, sane and reasonable.

>because I am normal, sane and reasonable.
>t. not normal

F
My Canon G15 is still going strong.

lol

It's insane for what money old Powershots go on Ebay.
You could sell a turd there and still get 50 bucks for it.

Compact cameras are still better at taking photographs (and videos), than phones.

If you tell that to some normie they will just stare at you in disbelief.
A bit like saying on Jow Forums that you prefer CRTs over TFTs for certain applications

>If you tell that to some normie they will just stare at you in disbelief.
They will get confused. After seeing, that new compacts cameras have more megapixels, than phone, they will believe, and some will even buy one (lol).
Bigger surface area of sensors reduces noise, especially in low-light conditions, but normies don't get it.
Also they have real zoom, which allows to take neighbor nudes (be sure to mask flash first tho)... Phones have at best two different cameras.

Anyway, they will die, since everybody seems to be satisfied with cellphones... And we will have only two options: shitty phone camera, or expensive HQ DSLR or mirrorless.
>A bit like saying on Jow Forums that you prefer CRTs over TFTs for certain applications
CRTs don't provide much benefits, compared to LCDs.
Sure, nice colors, and deeper blacks, but they are 100W at least, and resolution in "meh".

Hi res CRTs are better than TFTs though. OLED and IPS panels are better unless you're fucking rarted though.

>unless you're fucking rarted though.
what did he mean by this

Dont talk to me or my rx100 III ever again

crt's are actually quite power efficient, not much worse than ccfl lcds.

I have a near-busted Canon ELPH 300 HS point-and-shoot that I'd carry around in my pocket but never actually use.

I feel like I could restore it, but I also feel like I could buy a new one. I dunno.

>fuji x100f
>ricoh gr ii announced just recently
nigga /p/lease

gr iii mb

Is there some unknown tech wizard thing where they'll all be powered down remotely because it helps the environment or something that I need to know about, or is this just a regular thread?

IPS is horrible for dark scenes. OLED would be the perfection we've all been waiting for, if it didn't cost stupidly much and then rot away in just a few years.

gr3 is here, will shit on any phone camera in the next 20 years or so but the same can be said for most point and shoots with primes, oh and they actually have nice feeling cameras to use unlike smartphones.
unrelated but I really enjoy carrying my 2KG DSLR and telezoom under my jacket at all times, it scares people though or at least makes them feel uncomfortable and I get that so I ordered pic related.
should make it a bit more easy to carry my xboxhueg camera as well.

Attached: digital-holster20-v2-7.jpg (1600x1600, 520K)

1" sensor compacts and travelzooms are alive and well

I still use mine for macro stuff.

Attached: DSC02373.jpg (3648x2056, 3.12M)

thats a cannon not a compact op

And canon does not make compacts?

When I think about it phone cameras are just points and shoots with a prime lens, really shitty ones at that because the lens gets no space at all thanks to muh thin phone design.

Sadly yes.
However phones' cameras are better than any cheap compact camera out there, and for some like me, having camera in the phone is better, because I don't have to worry about backing the images up or transferring it.

Good riddance, point and shoots are fucking garbage. If you're actually serious about photography get a DSLR. If you're stuck for space, get a mirrorless. If you're not serious about photography, stick to your smartphone.

not so fast, mister

Attached: Sony-RX100-VI.jpg (950x534, 63K)

Shitty point and shoots even for their miniscule sensor size. The dynamic range of an iphone XS at ISO 25 (Base) is worse than a Pentax Q at its base ISO of 100, hell it's worse than the dynamic range of the Q at ISO200, and the iphone at ISO200 is about the same as the Pentax at ISO1250
Both have relatively close pixel pitches and both are incredibly tiny sensors, but the pentax Q is from 2011.
I doubt they're ever going to continue the Q line, but one with a more modern sensor could be a giggle.