Why do people use Python over Ruby?

Why do people use Python over Ruby?

Attached: download.png (241x209, 5K)

because it's less cringy

Because python is the industry standard now. I love the syntax of ruby and would use it much rather than python, but being already very familiar with python I don’t see a single reason to invest any time in ruby with the current state of things.

It's not gay

Why do people use Ruby over Perl?

It's the zen of python. You have to be a pythonista for a few years to understand.

Popularity. Ruby didn't take off in the English-speaking world like Python did. It's a shame, because Ruby, despite its atrociously complex syntax, is a better scripting languages than Python. It takes after Perl that way.

I learned ruby for writing custom metasploit exploits

Based. Perlpilled.

>writing in python makes you feel like you're hacking some shit together
>writing in ruby makes you feel like an actual code artisan
Dunno why exactly. Wish ruby was the goto dynamic language of choice instead.

Attached: 1529600788268.jpg (1080x1349, 125K)

U think she fucks black guys?

Why do people use (insert anything here) over Haskell?

this

rube is the lingua franca of the bootcamp webdev. that's why.

Attached: rube.png (1387x1255, 176K)

>php
Kindly do the needful

most that do this are already experts in ruby and are too lazy/don't feel the need to start from 0 with a new language/stack. Same reason many people still use php

I haven't used ruby so I don't know why over ruby that python is used. Python, because it works good enough, even with its issues like string encoding and subpar documentation its like, whatever idc it works. Plus python is shilled really hard by cultists and other npc's who just repeat what someone else said, like they always do.

> Plus python is shilled really hard by cultists and other npc's who just repeat what someone else said, like they always do.

You're saying the same doesn't go for Ruby?

Ruby's ecosystem has really turned me off of it. Trying to use ruby on windows is pretty much futile and I have to use windows at work. Not to mention performance woes of the language.

non-disgusting syntax

no, most girls, including black girls themselves, find black men disgusting and ugly.

Because Ruby's not filled with idiots that think a new version of a language should be named something different.

Ruby is basically just Python only for cucks, trannies, and onoinboys

Python is easier than Ruby. In Ruby you have to understand things like blocks and lambdas, but in Python the developers fill up their mailing list with posts on how to remove or at least rename lambda so the dumb dumbs won't be scared off. Python just adds special cases like 'with' blocks and decorators to avoid lambdas.

Attached: 1542243967941.jpg (401x485, 33K)

Because Python is faster

Ruby is the best combination of all the dynamically typed languages into a programmer-efficient syntax. It's why you only need a couple devs who know Rails + libraries used commonly with it and who know how to utilize cloud services to spin up a legit sized web applications in short order. Other languages take bigger teams and much longer. Ruby is great.

Python borders on being executable pseudocode, so it has a huge advantage as a learning and rapid development tool, which is why the majority of users bothered to pick it up.

Barely anyone ever gave a shit about Ruby outside of the webdev faggot ghetto, because idiomatic OOP is retarded. It's been stagnant in the Western world since the bulk of said faggots migrated to Node.

What does it matter? Every programming language is shit.

This, unironically. Code in assembly or write your own language. Then there's no one to blame but yourself.

The shilling isn't as bad as with python, its more comparable to like rust type shilling except normal people actually use python too.

Why do people use Ruby to begin with?

Attached: islamwaifu.png (500x500, 130K)

What really pisses me off about these charts is that JS have tonns of useless libraries and each have their repository, like "isNumber", meanwhile many "unpopular" languages have all that crap build in. I know chart not saying "higher is better" but it implies that.

Ruby is easy to use and not gay.

>write your own language
i tried but i can't seem to write anything that isn't niggerlicious

Ruby had it's 5 minutes of glory during second half of 2000s. It's too bad that language is not as popular as it was in 2005-2010 era but don't let that fool you, there is still a ton of applications built with Ruby. Community has matured and distilled from hype. It is great language. I vastly prefer it to Python, it is just better language. It is like modern smalltalk. If you had to learn one dynamic language I would suggest Ruby (and Clojure, but that's different beast).

Use Crystal which is Ruby but actually good

The only thing python does better is the module system. Ruby's require is basically a glorified C include.

ruby rhymes with tranny

Java is "do the needful"; PHP is the universal language of scrubs worldwide.

>best combination of all the dynamically typed languages
That's Racket.

When i went to a programming club in the school holidays like 2-3 years ago we had some programmer come in and told us to stop using ruby. His whole job was converting ruby projects to php because ruby is supposedly trash

python is shit

i'm doing data science now and everything is written in this fucking retarded language designed for idiots who can barely write code

never used ruby but i guess making shittier language than python must be very difficult

because they would have to write their own libraries
today's "programmers" are no good