Dropout

Hey Jow Forums, another engineering drop out here.
Wondering if CS or Software Engineering is a good degree/career for a brainlet like me.

I just want to work a comfy job with good pay.

Attached: 1492231061309-2.jpg (433x557, 50K)

bump

Attached: 1543374358292.gif (500x352, 1.88M)

>engineer drop out
>should I become an engineer
???

>comfy job
I don't know how it is for most people but I wouldn't exactly call software engineering comfy. It's a job like any other.

>CS
>engineering

Attached: f7061c9177b1b35d11ed034276e8d958039022faa67634313cec76986a22d055.gif (300x300, 144K)

Of the 2 options listed I think it's obvious which one I'm referring to. What you're doing is not nice.

Dropout here.
I just want to die.

I have a BSc in Engineering. But this year I’ll be graduating with an MA in Political Sciences. Am I a traitor?

do you like programming?

Attached: 5.png (1176x131, 11K)

BS millenial mindset.

Why exactly did you drop Engineering? Because CS can be very abstract sometimes. Only three of my classmates haven't failed any class yet, and more than half dropped out. I'm not saying Engineering is easier, but if you think you'll have a jolly good time doing CS you're wrong.
And just like you, I'm also an Engineering dropout. I dislike almost everything, but of all the things I dislike, CS/programming is the thing I dislike the least -- that's why I switched majors after two years wasting my time. Not that I'm not wasting my time in university now.

If you can, just don't go to the university desu. You can learn ALL the shit you'll use professionally through the internet. Unless you want to be an academic cuckee or you're a 3rd worlder, avoid university. I feel dead inside almost everyday.

CS will require that you learn math. You'll learn a little calculus, but you'll need linear algebra more than anything else.

After that is low level computer stuff. It's not "a programming course", if that's what you're asking. You'll use programming. It's about how computers work, and you will use programming to explore that, but you won't do a "programming course", they will just get you up to speed with python, c, c++ and java so that you can complete the assignments.

>have degree
>still need a further certificate
WHY ISN'T THIS JUST WITH THE DEGREE DAMMIT REEEEEEE

It's partly about how computers actually work, if you mean on the hardware level. There is also a ton of theory related to that.

I liked my degree, I have learnt why 2 armies can not communicate safely over a valley occupied by enemy troops and shit.

How about network admin or web development or something? Should be pretty easy.

Successful individual here.
I also want to die.

Do you have a loving wife and children?

Fine, I redact my statement.

>Maths (Calculus and linear algebra)
>Aerospace Design
>Avionics
>Thermodynamcs and Fluids
>Statics and Dynamics
>Control System Analysis
>Structural Materials
All in one semester, not my choice either since they're all core.
I haven't actually dropped out but the workload is killing me and I've just completely burned out on it.
Besides that job prospects don't seem good, especially back home

I know a few guys taking CS in the same uni and they seem to be doing pretty good, which is why I asked.
sorry user I was just joking, I didn't mean to be mean

Attached: 76765251.jpg (360x433, 43K)

It's not your fault, I shouldn't be so tense.
I forgive you if you forgive me.

Typically, I would agree, if you were talking about, say, plumbing. Who the fuck cares if you like it, it's a job, man up and do it. But there are LOTS of people that LOVE programming, and it's stupid to do it if you don't enjoy it, because you'll never compete with nerds with nothing to do but program. Programming is one of the few areas where there is a strong correlation between enjoyment and potential salary.

Maybe you are right. I was thinking of jobs like plumbing, maybe there is a difference.

What does OP want to do with their CS degree?

>their
do you assume OP has multiple personalities

Possibly work as a developer of some kind and make good money.
I mean I'm not aiming for Google or the 170k+ jobs, I just want a stable job with decent pay in a more relaxed work environment.

Attached: 1545966449615.jpg (900x900, 236K)

>I just want to work a comfy job with good pay.
>comfy job
>good pay
>Wondering if CS or Software Engineering is a good degree/career for a brainlet like me.
Only part of this that makes any sense is the brainlet part.

CS is very brainlet friendly. Took some CS courses to qualify for a masters in computational physics, and holy fuck these people are retarded. Literally the easiest, handholding bullshit courses i ever took.