How can old people be so technologically retarded as to be mentally retarded while small kids can easily learn new tech?

How can old people be so technologically retarded as to be mentally retarded while small kids can easily learn new tech?

It's like old people can't even copy paste, that's too advanced for them.
They literally can't even make a call on a poverty android phone.

Attached: 155076815015.png (321x321, 7K)

When you get older you simply learn your time and the capacity of your brain and memories/learning capacity is limited in life, your expertise has always been pointed in one direction that had little to nothing to do with tech and if they need help they can always count on the autistic grandchild or nephew to help them out.

They never needed a wankblows computer or smartphone to get things done. Also kids are dumb as fuck, beside launching angry birds on an iPhone and using social media apps they're just as technology illiterate if not more. Maybe 0.00000001% of them can actually do something advanced enough like nuking a HDD, formatting it to check for bad sectors, short-stroking it, and installing the proper drivers on a PC.

Wrong. Don't make excuses for their laziness.

Just because it's not the answer you wanna hear doesn't make it less true. If you want to bitch about older people and find pseudo-reasons that confirm 'said bitching', go ahead.

It's true, they grew up using maps to navigate and now know street/highway names by heart and wouldn't benefit from using modern technology. They aren't lazy, they simply don't need the technology we have today. Because of that they will be in a perpetual state of tech illiteracy until they die.

Kids these however DO NEED the technology we have today whether it be to go places or get school/work done but a vast majority of them are just as tech illiterate if not more. Why do you think so many high school/college kids have macbooks and iPhones, you know the thing that literally screams out how tech illiterate you are?

>respect muh elders
Really makes you think

My mom has been using her tablet daily since 2009 and all she does is browse Facebook and complain there's "nothing to see" there.
I'm always telling her to explore, to use the other apps, to search for shit that might interest her on Google, simple stuff but she seems to be afraid to try anything new.

Never said that, in fact I loathe boomers as much as I loathe the zoomers that keep them on a leash when "helping" them get into tech.

t. doomer who works at gooksquad

No way man, kids are smart as hell these days.
I'm always surprised at how fast they learn new tech. Just an example, but I literally gave my lil cousin (11) my old laptop a month ago (she never touched one, only had a smartphone) and got a message from her a week later on Steam, asking if I wanted to play some random MMORPG she started the day before.

Haha that's cute what MMO? What's her username? Haha

Laziness and fear

neuroplasticity deteriorates with age.
same reason after puberty you can't learn to speak a foreign language without a heavy, retarded accent

Nope, she was already exposed to computers in school and most likely already heard everyone talking about fart night and steam. Nothing special.

Careful, if you're already convicted they could use this as evidence to lock you up.

neuroplasticity is a debunked /x/ meme retard.

Imagine being this ignorant

Kids know fuck all about technology.
Not even young normies know shit, or give a fuck about it. Open the fucking command prompt in W10 and they think you are a hacked.
God they don't even know how to use Word to save their life, and they can't be bothered to learn. And they use it every day.

This. Old people are useless

except that all modern neuroscience and medicine is based on that concept

This, ask them to upgrade the HDD on their PC to an SSD and they'll look at you like you asked them to to rewire a fucking mainframe.

Attached: 1518627088576.jpg (674x670, 77K)

An interface is just a thing to interact with. It's not like the majority of people are creating anything "with technology".

Get over yourself. You'll stop giving a shit too.

There are a lot of implicit control paradigms involved in using a computer

newer research shows old people also have neuroplasticity.

Saying you can't learn a foreign language after puberty well is reductive and defeatist.

Go on. This sounds interesting.

No, lol, they're looking at you like "Why is this idiot walking up to me and assuming I know what he's talking about" At least be curteous and ask if they give a damn.

I'm only 26 but I imagine it gets very frustrating the more years a person puts on.

His other point to the argument is
>having an accent means you're stupid

OP is a gay fish

Keep up, grandpa. Unless you enjoy being dead weight, that is.

It's less that old people can't learn new technology, it's more that they can't be fucked spending the time and effort, for the most part. I've met several old blokes who are so fucking knowledgeable, simply because they were into computers when computers were the size of small houses.

I mean, hell, old people can more or less say the same about MOST current zoomers about changing the oil in their cars, changing a flat tire, diagnosing and fixing why a lawnmower stopped working, a lot of manual stuff. Ask an older bloke to build you a deck and garden setting, and he'll smash it out in a weekend. Ask a zoomer to do it and he'll be figuring out how to not kill himself with a circular saw in the same amount of time.

Kids are tech illiterate too.

But that's the point, upgrading storage is pretty basic to a computer technician yet it's something very very few people have any idea how to do. More than likely he won't even know what an SSD is.

Literally everything you need is to search for it on Google and have a functional brain.

>Small kids
>Easily learn new tech
"New tech" is dumbed down to hell, if they couldn't "learn" retard-proof stuff society would be well and truly over.

How can young people be so mechanically retarded while sexagenarians can easily fix numerous household problems themselves?

It's like zoomers can't even perform a basic services on a car, that's too advanced for them.
They literally can't even change the oil on a poverty 2004 Hyundai.

Attached: zooemrs.png (325x322, 8K)

And that's what zoomers are missing. That's why tech support still exists.

>you can't learn a foreign language after puberty
This actually have a widely accepted evolutionary explanation: if parents were able to learn their kids made up words, instead of viceversa, a communal language would never emerge, putting the whole society at disadvantage

because you spend your entire life learning to do things one way and become unwilling to do things another way

Neural plasticity.
You're brain sets like concrete.

>you can't learn a foreign language after puberty
What?

I'm beginning to think the next few gens of kids will know less about computers than wizard boomers, gen X, gen Y and half of gen Z.
It worries me how dumbed down computers are becoming.
There is a generation of kids that don't even know what dial-up even is.

What we currently call "old people" is a generation that spent a majority of their lives sitting in front of a television.
There was also that whole "hippie" thing. A lot of them fried their brains, even if they became clean later.

>after puberty you can't learn to speak a foreign language without a heavy, retarded accent

Attached: 1535735565305.png (426x309, 97K)

People who are old now got pounded into them the idea that hard work is all that matters, when really it's working smart that matters. In today's age you need to be adept at learning new things all the time, back then you only had to know one thing very well. So old folks don't have a clue when it comes to learning new interfaces or systems. Plus the issue of change blindness which affects them more then young people.

I think young people get encouraged to learn, while old people get encouraged to let their brain slowly rot away.

That's what the user I was quoting said.
>after puberty you can't learn to speak a foreign language without a heavy, retarded accent

I was saying that that's a defeatist, reductive attitude to have.

Attached: 1552932361252.jpg (539x753, 58K)

It's almost like they actively try to repress any knowledge of it. The REFUSE to learn it, as if protesting.

The problem is boomers. The generation before them was able to learn way better, but not quite as well as the kids due to old age. Boomers are just retarded.

doing "mechanical" maintenance and click a button are way different. And besides, even if you show them, they won't even care and will just call you (or blame you) whenever there's a problem.

Defeatist? It's a motherfucking lie.

Accents can be very charming. English with a Russian, French, Japanese, Italian, Swedish, Indian accents... Most sound delightful.
Then there's Finnish. Now that's a shit tier accent.

> unscrewing an oil cap is too hard
Oh wow

>The generation before them was able to learn way better
yeah no they weren't you're just too young to have actually met the previous generation

>Indian
Indian english accent sound hilarious
not delightful

>There is a generation of kids that don't even know what dial-up even is.
Yeah because that's useful info in 2019, right boomer?

Attached: 1520557955961.png (1026x1170, 216K)

>Takato Yamamoto, The World as a Labyrinth, from "Altar of Narcissus" (1999)
cool

>defeatist
nature don't care for your feelings, snowflake

spanish with a gringo accent sounds retarded. sorry

I think it's a delight, especially due to how funny it sounds.

> old people can still learn new tech
> gives examples of people only being good at things they did when they were young

Attached: 1552505201103.jpg (540x427, 18K)

Brain atrophy over time.

Broccoli sprouts.
Sulforaphane.

It's not just that

I can barely understand people with indian accents.

Changing oil in a car is the equivalent of swapping a HDD in your PC

> beside launching angry birds on an iPhone and using social media apps
>advanced enough like nuking a HDD, formatting it to check for bad sectors
Completely basedpilled.
A social media app is far more complex than the low-level janitor task of formatting/nuking a disk.
A social media app has to support multiple networking protocols, deal with encryption, interface the disk, interface an imaging sensor, interface a digitiser, deal with various media types and text encodings, implement error correction for its communication with the server, and a myriad other things.
It's nowhere near in complexity and sophistication compared to a disk management app. A disk management app can work with a single click, or made to run periodically with no user input, it's so simple.

You're arguing that cleaning a toilet is more complex than programming, cause to clean a toilet you need tools and stuff and it's low level, while programming is just pressing keys lol!

You're that retarded.

As you get older it becomes harder to learn new things. You're less mentally flexible. It will happen to you too, and you will look retarded to 20 year olds when you're 65. Enjoy.

Old farts are stuck in their ways. Learning new tech stacks is like starting at the bottom floor of an investment. All timing.

Are you retarded? He's talking about using the applications not programing them. Using fdisk/smartctl/etc isn't hard, but it's certainly harder than using the fucking twitter app or whatever.

This post is low IQ and missed the anons post by several kilometers

I'm not saying it's hard, just saying you need SOME knowledge or else you may break things. If you put too much oil in, wrong oil or something like that, it can do harm. Same thing goes for changing parts in your pc for example.