The future is here

Time to upgrade

Attached: 1537967864026.png (626x630, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ponchato
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0017931015307365
twitter.com/noctua_at/status/910031298026201088
twitter.com/Noctua_at/status/1061686687057764356
twitter.com/Noctua_at/status/1073509178147262466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm not updating till this is a thing

Attached: 1522612992581.jpg (744x669, 135K)

But I need TR4.

How much and why should I switch from the one that came with the 2600x I'll be getting soon?
I dont plan on overclocking.

but where would I put the fan on that thing?

Why does it have PCIe compatibility?

some motherboards, generally itx will have PCIe slots pretty close to the CPU, so some heatsinks CAN interfere with PCIe card placement.

It means by not being so big that PCI slots are blocked.
Learn to read

>Learn to read
The press release said that it's compatible with PCIe. I've installed CPU fans before and none of them ever even plugged into PCIe slots, so I don't understand this "feature" of needing to be compatible with PCIe. Are you a autist?

are you being intentionally thick

Attached: 1499697908048.png (904x711, 390K)

Why shouldn't it?

>Air Cooling
Hyper 212 evo is like 15$ and probably just as shitty as those fans look

Are you retarded? The Stock Cooler is loud as hell

cooler master shill

uh no, fuck master the cool nigga!

Attached: asscake.jpg (474x497, 36K)

only reason to buy noctua is if you have a housefire like a core i9

quality shitpost
btw Mom said it's time for your fingering

Attached: 1536361737433.jpg (1000x564, 108K)

its $99. you can buy a AIO 240 for that price and get better performance.

hell, you can grab a d15 and get better performance for less money. the new u21a is about on par as the 140mm version of it. while the d15 is TWO 140mm sinks together.

>140mm of it
and by that i mean the 140mm version of the original u12.

>tfw have a review sample on the way
Pretty stoked to try it out desu. I've always had a negative attitude toward Noctua because of how hard their fanboys defend it, but after testing one of their coolers I see where they're coming from.

Attached: 1545408336152.png (600x723, 685K)

Review sample? What publication do you work for or is it "private"

Attached: SpottedFoolhardyAmericancrocodile-max-1mb.gif (256x256, 40K)

Bet you the air cooler will last much longer than a shitty AIO

>paying $99 for a heatsink when POS deepcool sinks cool as well and cheaper
>ridiculing me regardless when I even stated the d15 is cheaper and performs better
go gas yourself

I run a youtube channel, small time but it's fun. I like CPU coolers because you just measure how they perform. Nothing subjective about it to introduce bias, just... data.

do you have to send the fan back?

I'll sub give link

Not this one, no. That's very *very* rarely the case with any products under $500 or so, but I have heard of it happening with early/pre-release samples. I'm not at the point of getting anything sent out before release for "day one" reviews though, so that's just what I've heard.

youtube.com/user/ponchato

Like I said, small time, but I try to make videos that aren't complete trash.

don't be so humble 28K is rad

enclose it on a pumped water dome.

but why are you posting on Jow Forums?

Godammit user that's a comfy channel. Subbed!

Heh, thanks anons

Because Jow Forums actually provides for decent discussion (and, importantly, disagreement) unlike reddit. And I mean that unironically. The voting system on reddit is 100% unadulterated trash for any legitimate discourse because if you go against the goldfish your comments just get censored.

Also because I've been here for more than a decade and once you're here, you're here forever

Do a vid where you get some 15$ DDR2 Cpu mobo combo, and see how long you can run it just by having a crap ton of fans blowing air onto it, proclaiming "the Cooler industry is a lie" See if it can cinebench or something it can be a april fools video, do not disappoint ;)

Nice videos bro, you've come a long way

>1.2kg
yikes

i bought this to replace my failed liquid cooler and it gave me lower temps even at high load

Imma just gonna buy this one and get a brown fan from amazon. best of both world.

why is it 99 when the d15s is only 90?

100 bucks for a fucking 120mm cooler? wtf did they make it out of?

>Still using fucking 60cfm fans in something that costs $99
Why would I get this when I can get a 212 evo and 2 150cfm sunon fans for under half the price?

I think that's intended to be a passive heat sink.

what the hell is this satanic thing

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0017931015307365

>Dude, noise, like, doesn't even matter lmao

Attached: 170309160059-coral-bleaching-04-super-tease.jpg (1100x619, 233K)

That shit is going to be expensive as fuck to manufacture. Still, I'd like to see it's cooling performance.

With 3d printing becoming more advanced not really. But it would be impossible to mass produce with traditional machinery.

Nah, it won't perform as well as the NH-D15 in extremely demanding scenarios (like the overclocked 3970X housefire I need to cool). No matter how good your fans are, you can defeat the laws of physics and a heatsink that small will reach breaking point on chips like that. I'm sure it'll perform extremely well on ≤125W chips though.

Just use cheap heatsink and a delta fan or two

My 212 works just fine for my 8700
I don't need these beasts in my PC.

That still means expensive as fuck. A cheap way to make these is by extrusion. Stamping is good too but involves additional work of putting the sheets together. 3d printing is like CNC milling but inside out, it will forever be too expensive.

>2019
>not water cooled

I think you're being confused with the other heatsink. This is the coral looking one we're talking about. And it could absolutely be made cheaply once 3d metal printing gets better.

pic related

Attached: FinalHeatsink.png (1106x736, 925K)

I guarantee that this is a /v/tard who thinks that a Corsair AIO is "water cooling".

Extrusion speed is such that output is measured in hundreds of units per minute. 3d printing does is such that output is measured it hundreds of minutes per unit. Printer operator will want $40/hr so you're already looking at $100 per printed heatsink just in worker's wages. People not directly involved in manufacturing (such as accountants and janitors) need money too, then there's materials and capital costs amortization, and finally you add some profit margin. You'd be lucky if you could retail these demon heatsinks for less than $400 a piece.

That's extruded, not printed.

>leakshit

It certainly is.

Shit I was already subbed to you before hand, I think I've discovered you through your mugen 5 review.

I know your channel..it started getting recommend on my feed a lot about 3 weeks ago....did you pay for ads or something?
Anyway, your content is good

Do it yourself

What're the measurements on something like that? I'll assuming it's 160mm wide to slap 2x80mm?

Holy fuck. Call up your ISP and cancel your internet you dense motherfucker.

Attached: file.png (605x674, 118K)

forget 3D printing, this thing can be made with traditional casting techniques (even to make it hollow)
and it's not even expensive

> get a brown fan
>Buying pantone pajeet fans instead of superior milk chocolate fans
Iggyshitty

120mm noctuas is garbage for their price, only 140mm is worthy.
t. U15 owner

liquid cooling for computers is a turbo meme. It's purely noob bait (AIOs) or for enthusiasts who just enjoy throwing money at things (custom loops).

But I already got a superior Thermalright Silver Arrow years ago

Attached: 1552985615318.jpg (1275x715, 133K)

Nothing beats full submersion in mineral oil. Best temps you'll ever get.

I lost

Imagine having to clean the dust out of this

you really need to stop opening your mouth for thumbnails

>exact same as the rest of their coolers

uhhhh

Can't you just burn that thing a little bit? I.e. the dust would all nicely burn away, keeping only the clean metal body behind?

Who cares about dues when it's going to be a cooled passively?

Have you ever seen a Ryzen stock cooler? I use the one that came with my 1700 and am having 0 noise issues. Unless they fucked up massively on the 2600x, you won't need a new cooler.

Huh.... Is this really worth 100$ ?

Your thumbnails are cancer, and I will not support any channel that makes them like this, no matter the content.

Attached: image.jpg (905x800, 403K)

Even passive coolers need contact with air to work well

The new a12x25? Nah. I got better temps switching from NF-P14 to the A12x25 on my NH-C14s

The 2 fans retail for more than the heatsink. Each are $30. Their pricey as fuck, but I'm getting better performance out of them than my 140mm fans.

Yep for such complex surfaces you need casting

Pretty overpriced when you look that for almost same 100$ u can get Ryzen 2200G THAT HAS A COOLER INCLUDED IN PRICE

3d printing would probably make for a really shitty heat transfer coefficient

>not a 140mm version
It's shit.

I have the ryzen 5 2600x with the stock cooler, i can hear that shit accross the room when it's idling in windows, the fucking fan is from hell, saving up for a d15 now, i will never ever fall for that stock cooler meme again

They've been trying and failing at making a 140mm version of their new fan for well over a year. They initially said late 2018 back in 2017, but have now moved that back to late 2020.

bull fucking shit

Take off, rinse with water, dry, put back. Not that you couldn't get most of it out with just compressed air anyway.

based retard

your videos are great but the god damned thumbnails, you're not trying to attract underage viewers are you?
L1T still does it best

These fucking thumbnails though

twitter.com/noctua_at/status/910031298026201088
twitter.com/Noctua_at/status/1061686687057764356
twitter.com/Noctua_at/status/1073509178147262466

Stay BTFO, you fucking retard.

Attached: fuck you.jpg (320x665, 23K)

Don't make me come over there.

Attached: no fuck YOU leather man.jpg (576x432, 23K)

Yeah no it doesn't natter faggot unless you still live with your mom.

Noctua is indeed top notch in terms of build quality and performance. Their fanboys might be annoying, but Noctua does deliver.

Faggots stop shilling the 212 Evo.

Cryorig H7 is the legit king and it's performance is much superior.

I have the Noctua DH14 or whatever it’s called. Much more quiet than the Hyper212, but I would only recommens Noctua if money isn’t of concern. Hyper212 delivers great performance at great cost and I cleaned that thing out and still use it for other home rigs.

It's also not some cheapass chink company. It's from austria. That's certainly something I value too. Good company.

Attached: 5as345dif-kiidddings.png (423x378, 23K)