Increases performance in popular creative applications vs. the previous driver branch...

nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/145178/en-us

Increases performance in popular creative applications vs. the previous driver branch. Here are some examples of measured gains:

GeForce RTX 2080

Up to 13% in Blender Cycles
Up to 9% in Adobe Photoshop CC
Up to 9% in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Up to 8% in CINEMA 4D

Attached: 1280px-Nvidia_image_logo.svg.png (1280x998, 61K)

Sorry but I'm a gamer

Proprietary drivers should be illegal.

If you use Intel or AYYMD NO DRIVERS on Windows which are proprietary, kill yourself faggot

>If you use Intel or AYYMD NO DRIVERS on Windows which are proprietary, kill yourself faggot
This is a mind corrupted by brand tribalism.

>spend millions developing your hardware and drivers to go along with it
>hurrrr just give it out for freeeeee

Who said anything about free hardware?

Free drivers, which are included in the development cost of the overall project

So include the driver development cost in the hardware price.
Thousands of vendors seem to have no problem doing it.

Attached: linux-contributors-100735241-large.jpg (700x404, 68K)

They've still spent money developing the drivers, why should they have to give them out for free?

More sales. Only ignorant customers buy hardware with proprietary drivers.

When have you ever had to pay for a hardware driver

Yeah because proprietary drivers are really hurting GPU sales at the moment

Attached: 1527537672456.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

You're paying for it when you buy the GPU, retard. What do you think funds the development of said drivers?

You act like AMD GPU's were usable at all before they merged with mesa

There are plenty of people that are more than willing to make those oh so expensive hardware drivers for fucking nothing. Just look at AMDs open source drivers they stomp their shitty windows ones.

>give it out for freeeeee
Who said open source drivers need to be given out for free?
Open source does not mean you don't have to pay for it.

found the fucking communist

>Who said open source drivers need to be given out for free?
By giving everyone the source code you are essentially giving out for free all the research you poured a lot of money into

>.aspx
So glad I'm not working there.

Your autism should be illegal.

>willing to make those oh so expensive hardware drivers for fucking nothing

Search all the meaningful contributions on amd drivers, look who did them...

they're not doing it for free, they work for amd.

Not an argument. I'm not defending any specific brand when I make the point that companies should have a right to do with their own drivers what they please.

Also why should they be illegal?

Non-free drivers usually have built-in planned obsolescence, which is harmful to the environment. Many perfectly good devices are wastefully discarded because nobody but the manufacturer can update the drivers.

Not with this dogshit performance your not

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-22-02-22-49-38.png (1920x1080, 541K)

>proprietary video game
Irrelevant metric.

And visuals that literally look worse smudgey ass shadows

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-22-02-18-32-82.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Real-life shadows aren't razor sharp for everything.

In certain scenes it looks virtually identical and cuts fps in half
The draw distance is literally dog shit and looks worse than the games software version of distance shadow cascades/umbra

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-22-02-36-58-75.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

RTX is a meme. You lose half the FPS for prettier shadows.

And what's the problem with that if you won't lose a cent of profit since everyone has to pay to use them anyway?

Competitors learn your secrets for free while you spend millions in research

whats the difference between these imgs

That sure has fucked up a lot of open source commercial products! Hasn't it?

I don't see what Nvidia stands to gain from giving away tech they poured millions into developing.

If both AMD and NVIDIA open sourced their drivers they could benefit from each others research, in addition to contributions from the community.

Yeah and if everyone just got along with each other we wouldn't need police anymore. How fucking naive are you?

If it works for everything else why can't it work for GPU drivers?

AMD has ALREADY open sourced most of their drivers and somehow they're still in business.

That's my point. Most of the research goes into the GPU architecture anyway which can't be "stolen" by competitors.

That's because NVIDIA/CUDA is the de-facto system for GPU computing, and NVIDIA generally does a lot more interesting R&D that they need to fund somehow (self driving cars, neural network image processing, TensorRT, etc)

see
Most open sourced projects aren't sinking this much money into actual R&D

Customers.

This is literally hairworks 2.0, but even less noticable.

>Up to 13% in Blender Cycles
Nice

Attached: 1535193364505.png (1080x1080, 1.55M)

They all look the same...

Ah yes, I'm sure the people who constantly whine about muh open sores will definitely start buying Nvidia overnight

>self driving cars, neural network image processing, TensorRT
How about they keep these proprietary so no one can "steal" them and open source the consumer drivers? What exactly would they lose by this?

Blender cycles performance increase is usefull

>open sores
You almost make it sound like open source is a bad thing.

Stop repeating yourself and actually explain your reasoning you deluded faggot

Nouveau drivers have trash performance. Of course I don't trust hobbyists and amateurs with making drivers.

It's not, but the people naively whining about why massive corporations aren't adhering to their idealist fantasies are annoying as fuck.

>which are included in the development cost
Because it is impossible for third parties to do the work for them. These are consumer chips used to play games and watch high resolution video, not advanced supercomputing hardware.
Almost all of the money goes into the hardware, the driver packages are secondary to that. NVIDIA would literally make money from free software, it wouldn't be done out of kindness.

Yeah, why make your own in-house drivers where the devs can directly communicate with the hardware division and are beholden to their managers and shareholders? Nvidia should just wait a few years for some greasy NEETs to make sub-par drivers for them, provided the project team doesn't disband from personal falling-outs in the meantime. I'm sure the shareholders would be delighted.

Shitposting at its finest, Jow Forumsentlemen.

Attached: 1248377851467.png (602x449, 397K)

You must be legally blind if you think they all look the same. The sad part is that RTX off looks the best.