Video mixer thread

Video mixer thread

Post your mixers

Attached: A4E478EF-F986-4699-B5CF-3840FDE515FA.jpg (2016x980, 932K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3AUWu35GTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As an audio engineer I'm interested in knowing what these even do.
Is it basically the same? A bunch of knobs and buttons to do what the UI basically already does?

Please no bully
youtube.com/watch?v=t3AUWu35GTM

a lot of them are self contained systems with their own hardware and software inside.

So what is the actual use? Plug it into a monitor and go to work?
If so then isn't something like a computer with the right components i.e a decent graphics card more convenient?
I'm not being an idiot I'm genuinely curious

Its a control surface for video software. What's so hard to understand?
> audio engineer
Fuck off, Audacity doesn't count you faggot.

>Its a control surface for video software. What's so hard to understand?
That's what I thought, but I was given another answer you dipshit
>Fuck off, Audacity doesn't count you faggot.
I guess analog/digital recording, mixing and mastering and working in a fucking studio with 18 channels at the same time makes me what - a painter? Fuck off you idiot, some of us actually know what the fuck we are talking about. How come no one can ask questions about stuff without being told they're stupid, how am I supposed to know everything about video editing when I've never done it, I was simply making a comparison to make it easier for me to understand.

How the fuck can you people be so fucking stupid?
It's an analog video mixer. It takes two composite/S-Video/RGB signals and mixes them.
It's not a controller for a computer.
It's not a computer.
It works entirely in the analog domain, it uses potentiometers and hardware pattern generators to do all the effects.

>Plug it into a monitor and go to work?
yep, plug in your monitor, video sources and something to record with and that's about it. t
>i.e a decent graphics card more convenient?
no, especially not decades ago. there wasn't much around. one notable system is the video toaster for the commodore amiga, that had everything on one large expansion card and changed the television industry over night. these self contained video mixers were really expensive.

>It's not a computer.
duuuuh these mixers are computers, you DRIBBLING FUCKING RETARD. how do you think the software inside them runs? black magic? wishful thinking? well done, you stupid fucking retard.

Now this is a good answer, thank you.
fuck off

>how do you think the software inside them runs?
What part of "it's done in hardware" didn't you understand?

>not a computer
"Computer - an electronic device for storing and processing data"
So a device with software running inside of it is what?

> it's not a computer
> hardware pattern generators
> oh, now im moving the goals to "it's done in hardware" because i've been exposed as a clueless fucking lamer
oh my fucking sides. what a pathetic computer illiterate.

just give up you mouth breather

It's not running any fucking software. It manipulates analog values through hardware.
I don't get where you're going. You prove my point and then resort to ad hominem?

> he thinks he had a point
> oh it's not a computer
> it's magic!
shut the fuck up, you dribbling fucking retard.

@70247448
You made it too obvious now.
4/10 bait, you got me there for a while.

there is no software, retard

>a lot of them are self contained systems with their own hardware and software inside.

So this is a lie?

No. Lots of them had software, mostly for titling. However, this particular one doesn't have any software, simply because it doesn't need it to perform such simple functions.
That post wasn't even mine, by the way.