/spg/ - Smartphone General

THICC Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: energizer_power_max_p18k_pop_4.jpg (3648x2736, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://nrkbeta.no/2019/03/21/norske-telefoner-sendte-personopplysninger-til-kina/
amazon.com/Original-battery-EB-BJ710CBZ-SM-J727T-universal/dp/B0767PX8VR
support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-35552
youtube.com/watch?v=UY07MujU2pM
youtube.com/watch?v=otwW5e61nHQ
aliexpress.com/item/Perfine-9600mAh-Extended-Battery-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-N9000-Cell-Phone-NFC-Battery-Full-Edge/32791780897.html
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nokia 7 Plus is a great ph-
translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://nrkbeta.no/2019/03/21/norske-telefoner-sendte-personopplysninger-til-kina/

are there any new android phones out there that don't have spyware or adware pre-installed?

All I want for Christmas is a google-free 4.7 Inch Smartphone.

Buy an iPhone if you care about privacy

>Statement from HMD Global
>We have analyzed the case and can confirm that there has been an error in the packing process of software in a single batch of a telephone model, which by mistake attempted to send activation data to a foreign server.The data was never processed and no personal information was shared with third parties or authorities.
>This has now been fixed and almost any device affected by this error has now installed the update.

So it's literally nothing

>we only meant to install spyware on the chinese models
>trust us, goy!

Attached: 851.png (506x556, 46K)

I hope Apple will hear your prayers and deliver the SE 2 this fall

what is the best 2019 flip phone?

did google take away the night light setting with a security update? 8.1 11/1/18 patch

Where's a good place to look for community ROMs these days?

If it was intentional then surely they'd put the same software on every HMD Nokia phone? As a Finnish company HMD operates under EU law, it doesn't make sense that they'd risk getting a big fine by sending customer data to China for no reason.

my old phone the battery has started to expand and has fucked the backplate and the screen pops out. repairing it would not be worth (Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime).

Any ausfags know any okay phones $250-350 AUD? I don't need anything fancy, its mainly just for having all my verification shit for games etc on it or calling family. Any suggested phones for those prices I'd appreciate.

Attached: varg dog.jpg (675x864, 74K)

>are there any new android phones out there that don't have spyware or adware pre-installed?
I have a story about that...

>be expat in China
>phone breaks, borrow mother-in-law's old phone while I obsess over comparisons of new phones
>Honor Hol-T00
>do factory reset
>change to English
>uninstall literally everything that isn't a system app
>phone randomly plays chinese audio ads while sitting on the desk
>once a day, I find some new app installed that I never put there

I think the Huawei app store has some "install recommended apps automatically" default setting but it's in Chinese so I can't find it to disable it, if it would even let me.
Five minutes ago, I turned it on and 360 had installed itself and a companion app and a soku app (Chinese youtube). The 360 one didn't want to let itself be uninstalled either, until I force stopped it. It kept popping up some window trying to trick me into doing literally anything other than uninstall it:

sort of asking:
>did you want to uninstall it to save space? we'll clean up the sd card and delete a few thumbnails
>were you annoyed by spam? we'll install a spam blocker [but not for our own ads], stuff like that.
It's ads actually popped up over the sim unlock keypad.

>my old phone the battery has started to expand
That is not a safe situation, get a new fucking battery before it burns down your house.
Back up NOW and run the battery down to dead and put it in a fireproof, heatproof container.

This is why you don't buy phones with locked bootloaders. If any malware or telemetry is present - you wouldn't have to settle for it. Virtually every manufacturer has done something like this, it's not surprising.

Lg v20 with 4100 mah battery
I constantly get like 8-9 hours of SOT

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-023038_Настройки.png (1440x2720, 165K)

a new battery and fix he said was $150-200 and said im better off just getting a new phone. Do I trust an indian phone repair man?

Attached: 1550643118963.png (565x564, 557K)

>Buy an iPhone if you care about privacy
I'm just going to say FaceTime and iCloud.

>I constantly get like 8-9 hours of SOT
Over 17 hours of use... Not really impressive. S5 could manage up to 7 with around 17-18h of use.

XDA

Looking for purchase advice:

Need:
> usb-c
> headphone jack
> decent software (good stock or lineage support)

Want:
> fantastic battery
> large screen
> low price (older phones are a-ok, as long as i can get muh updates)

Considering getting a used Pixel XL, or maybe one of the oneplus phones. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

>my s10+ still not here
getting a bit miffed lads

That's mixed, non-optimised use on autobrightness with one hour of deezer music via BT headphones and one hour of YouTube.
At home on WiFi i get up to 11-12 hours of SOT

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-022746_Настройки.png (1440x2720, 263K)

ty for the websites mang

I'm thinking of getting a new phone for my mother, can't decide between
>Samsung J4 Plus
Or
>Huawei Y6
What do you suggest?

Attached: mpv-shot0030.png (853x480, 334K)

both are shit

>a new battery and fix he said was $150-200 and said im better off just getting a new phone. Do I trust an indian phone repair man?
You should just buy a new battery and install it yourself.

I wrote something here about worst-case, you destroy your phone and need to buy a new one, do you mean that the screen is broken?

amazon.com/Original-battery-EB-BJ710CBZ-SM-J727T-universal/dp/B0767PX8VR
support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-35552
youtube.com/watch?v=UY07MujU2pM

Doesn't look very hard or expensive to just replace the battery, is the screen itself fucked? Anything a little glue won't fix?

>XDA
ok, I guess nothing's changed since nearly ten years ago when I last flashed a phone.

Buy a librem 5 if you care about privacy.

You really hate your fucking mother

What do you suggest other than those?
I was thinking of the huawei Y6 for the simple mode feature.
Her use is mostly VoIP and Facebook.

I had keyone, now im with iphone 7. In thinkeng about key2 because i need more than 3 sot per day on snigle charge and shitty ios device cant provide me that while keyone is just slow. Yay or naah ? or anything good and small for 500 or so euro.

youtube.com/watch?v=otwW5e61nHQ
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1531974698754.png (576x652, 435K)

LG V30 or Galaxy A50? Which one should I buy?

Get the Pocophone if you're not in burgerland

The other two foldable phones also have that mark, it's just that they've been more careful in their promotional videos to conceal it.

I know, I was jus trying to rub it into the face of that faggot that spammed pics of Mate X's crease while comparing it to Galaxy Fold's promo videos

Truth is, it doesn't matter which 1st gen foldable you buy, the screen's going to die in a year or so.

I have the Samsung J4+, I got it as a gift.
Why it's shit?

Yes

Has anyone bought a battery from Aliexpress? I'm interested in this but looks way too good to be true aliexpress.com/item/Perfine-9600mAh-Extended-Battery-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-N9000-Cell-Phone-NFC-Battery-Full-Edge/32791780897.html

What is a phone that's like the Galaxy M20/M30 but not by Samsung? The AMOLED is important so don't rec me Xiaomi shit

LG V30 you retard

>amoled
Enjoy burn-in's

>screen's going to die in a year or so.
thank fuck every sensible country has 2 year minimum warranty and such a major defect would probably prompt a recall/repair even after that (EU/Australia ect)

more like enjoy your insane battery life
especially if you use an app like Pixoff

>What do you suggest other than those?
budget/country/carrier?

Any chance blackberry evolve X Will get a global version with Canadian and US GSM bands?

I mean it's a fucking Canadian company, even if it is outsourcing the model in part to India. $100 cheaper than the OP7 with better security, 100% chink botnet free, and literally the perfect smartphone design, huge battery, good ram, headphone jack, back fingerprint, and the only downside is the processor is only 660, it's a fucking solid buy.

Attached: Gappy.jpg (336x380, 64K)

>buy a phone which isn't a thing if you care about privacy

>more like enjoy your insane battery life
>especially if you use an app like Pixoff
Nope. Unless you have the Note 9 or some outdated or unavailable pieces of shit, AMOLED phones aren't exactly topping the charts.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Fuck off, I'm not going to be swayed by your senseless memes. It's not about overall power use, it's about how it saves power. How the fuck does calls and video playback utilize the features ov AMOLED?

>budget
150$
>country/carrier
Irrelevant

is the mi 8 pro still viable this year?

Get one of the Android One phones, Nokia 5.1 or Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite for example.

might as well get the Mi9 instead

why?

Buy the XZ1C, dummy.

If I buy a cheap xiaomi from aliexpress, can I flash all of the garbage chinkshit off of it that I'm expecting will be there? Do people even make roms for them? I haven't looked at anything smartphone related in a long time.

Faggots want chinky shit with ebin specs when any phone will suffice.

>Note 3
It's time for an upgrade.

What's the redmi note 4x of 2019?

eurofag, looking at LG G7, any non chink alternatives?

official LOS support maybe

Please user, give up. The Evolve X is Never seeing the light of day. They announced it last year for fuck's sake. Man up and let it go.
Also
>$100 cheaper than the OP7
>while being vastly inferior hardware wise in every way

Yes, Xiaomi allows bootloader unlocking on their phones, and most of the phones have decent custom ROM support.

The Moto G7 Power might fit your needs, not shure how much they cost thou. Most likely less than a Pixel, you can also look for a Moto Z Play 1st gen with the battery mod, they go for cheap nowadays.

Both are utter crap. Owned a Y6 II and it was terrible, basically a neutered p8lite with a skin that felt like I was running gingerbread.
Just get a used LG G5, swap the battery for a new one, install the recent Oreo firmware and thank me later

Redmi Note 7 Pro

>non chink alternatives
why does that matter if you're installing LOS anyway? Get a Pocophone, Xiaomi Mi8 or Mix 2s, all have official LineageOS builds.

hardware quality

Forget about LOS in LG devices, after the bootloop debacle with the G4 they started locking bootloaders in most models. From what I know the G6 is unrootable except for a few.
On the plus side, the LG skin got a lot better since Oreo and you can take care of the ads with blockada or adguard (the one I use) and non root vanced is fine.
Never though I'll be using a non-rooted phone but its been 6 months and eveeything is smooth so far, just disable LDB and forget about any botnet besides Google obviously

Chinjs have the best hardware in the business now, retard.

>hardware quality
Are you implying that's an issue only with chink phones? LG is notoriously bad at QC, look at all the issues their previous phones have had.

Samsung S7 Flat is the best smartphone you dont need anything more expensive, octa-core and 4gb i got for only 80€ (demo) i use a dumb phone for calls cause muh battery i also gave away my pc ever since electronic harrassment

Chinkphones have never had problems with the hardware.

>Forget about LOS in LG devices
that's why i'm asking for alternatives

What do you mean by electronic harassment?

>Nokia 7 Plus is a great ph-
No one ever said that.
It's literal shit considering that the charger port breaks after few weeks, even in new batches. Nokia refused to fix this because it would be anti-consumer. Also, it has the same price as the poco, but with a shit screen and worse specs, except for the nfc.

Attached: Nvm+i+found+a+better+quality+one+for+you+_49069bbbcbbb981afcb5283e8f59362c.jpg (200x313, 13K)

search on the internet its also called Electronic Torture, Directed Energy Weapons, Targeted Individuals, Gang Stalking

nope

also see

>Pocophone, Xiaomi Mi8 or Mix 2s all have official LineageOS builds.

>inferior hardware wise in every way
Only the processor/GPU. Same ram, same battery. Blackberry is closer to stock, has better security, and isn't chinked.
In fact battery tests on GSMarena shows blackberry is WAY better on resource management and battery saving, the fucking 2 year old blackberry motion has better battery life in all metrics than the OP6T despite only a 300 mAh difference in battery and the motion having an ancient SN processor

>isn't chinked
find out who currently owns the Blackberry brand and makes the phones, you'll be surprised

Well the camera's definitely worse and even if you'd ont care about that, the phone doesn't exist anyway.

are they affordable? i need something that will last several years

also something cheaper?

What memes? You can see the tests and the results. I'm not talking out of my ass genius. But feel free to continue not reading any links I post.

>are Xiaomi phones affordable
Come on. Have you been living under a rock for a year? Of course they are. That's what gave Xiaomi their big break and a place of the 4th manufacturer worldwide.

Best choice for replacing my Lenovo P2?

>UK
>£300 max budget
>Must have decent battery life
>Must have minimal bloatware

Hearing the Nokia 8 is a good contender thanks to a price drop, what does /spg/ think?

>Country
USA
>Carrier
MetroPCS
>Budget
$175
>Size
Doesn't matter
>Features
Good custom rom support
Easily rootable (kingroot, oneclick root, etc)
at least 3GB RAM and at least 16GB of storage

Any recommendations are welcome!

Attached: 1397768504009.png (640x720, 486K)

Pocophone can be found under 300€, Mi8 and Mix 2S aren't much more expensive. Surely cheaper than the LG G7 you were looking at.

Moto X4

>being this retarded

Wats the official Manlet phone of 2019?

Sure, so, can you post a photo of your Librem 5 then genius?

What about the lg g6?
Is that still a good choice?

Attached: 1539786726134.png (402x469, 166K)

Blackberry itself still makes software and security for it. The license name is just under TCL. They make the cheap Chinese labor for actual manufacturing, but its still the Blackberry security, software, and tech in tandem with the amazing design choices that TCL has chosen for the phones themselves.
Less chinked than Iphones.

Yeah, with the Oreo updated it got a lot better and it's a solid phone overall. It has all the features of a flagship but way cheaper (at least in my country) and has possibly the best DAC in the market.
The bootloop issue got fixed with the G5 (that also recieved Oreo, which is not common for a device from 2016).
Seems like LG finally got it's shit together

Pocophone
S10e. I shit you not this is the closest to a small phone in this year so far.

What's with your hard on for security? Just use a secure pin and the fingerprint scanner.

What's a smartphone model that will likely be supported (both officially and by the custom rom community) for many years?

My dad's phone is damn old (it's the first Alcatel POP C7 model from like 2013/14) and I want to get him one that will last him awhile.

OnePlus phones.

Ok so I am trying to do an analysis if the Sony XA2 Plus is the best bang for my buck. GSMarena testing shows its batter to be higher rated than even the OP6T (couldn't find any youtube videos to confirm anything about the XA2+ battery so that is concerning) and that is my biggest draw. I drive every day with my GPS all work-day.

OP6T has the better processor, 6GB RAM, bigger battery, and light UI I want but its the physical aspects(No headphone jack, in-screen fingerprint, notch) and high cost that turn me away.
XA2+ on the other hand is only about a 20% jump up in processor power from my current honor 8, but its got the physical aspects I want (Headphone jack, back fingerprint scanner, no notch.) along with being much more affordable. My problem is relative to the Honor 8 I have now, the XA2+ only has ONE of the 3G bands T-mobile has. I do a lot of traveling for work and I am unsure how this lose of one of the only 2 3G bands would affect me when I have to service accounts that are no in the cities but out in the country or long freeways.
Is losing that 3G band gonna fuck me?
Is the XA2+ battery really better than the OP6T like GSM arena claims in their test?

Attached: z3463467.jpg (883x689, 135K)