Hey Jow Forums, I've had enough with Window$ 10, but as a gaymer it was pretty much only option for me...

Hey Jow Forums, I've had enough with Window$ 10, but as a gaymer it was pretty much only option for me, but since I'm really getting to tech, some good Linux distro is required. Can you recommend me some?
Should I dual boot Windows or is Linux (let's say Debian) good enough even for games?

Attached: 1549620294253.jpg (960x930, 46K)

Good fortune will come to you but only if you post "thanks Ricardo" ITT

Dual boot because no matter what the shills on this board say linux isnt good for gaming

thanks Ricardo, you too

thanks Ricardo

gamer, gaymer, lamer back to /v/ or install gentoo

thanks ricardo
Also try something like debian or arch unironcialy (just make sure its a minimal install)
Doing a minimal install really help you understand what is happening, and yeah just dual boot Proton is a thing but don't think it is perfect, Arch wiki is great help.

Dual boot Windows and Ubuntu.
If you don't like base Ubuntu looks, check out derivs like kubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntu-mate etc. They use the same core, same repos, have the same software and same tutorials work for all of them.
Then install Steam, it targets Ubuntu as main platform.

Manjaro or opensuse

thanks Ricardo

If you game a lot (with friends etc.), Dual boot.

If you only game occasionally and don't care to play every single (new) game (especially FPS with their anticheats, those don't work on linux) then linux is fine.

gnstall ientoo

would say dual boot
start with mint to get to know linux better
mint is good for beginners in my opinion

don't worry bro stadia will save us all

thanks Ricardo

I was in a similar situation and chose to dual boot Fedora with kde. It's actually amazing, and I had a ton of fun setting it up. Still haven't managed to migrate over completely to it though, I need more space. 1tb ssd soon.

Thanks Ricardo, I love you

thanks Ricardo

Thank you Ricardo!

dual boot is your best bet.
I use windows 10 for gayming and nothing else. Literally just a steam partition at this point
everything else linux
poke about various distros till you find one you like/suites you then chuck that on your ssd along side windows. Ubuntu will even install alongside windows right out of the box using grub to switch between. Super easy stuff

niggers

install windows 7