End is near - all good things eventually come to end

tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/loppu-on-lahella-microsoft-muistuttaa-windows-7-n-kayttajia-katoavaisuudesta-6761742

A reminder from Microsoft: Windows 7 dies

A new update came for Windows 7. It will inform users that support for Win7 is ending. In nine months, updates simply stop on the Win7:s 10th birthday.

Right now 40% of worlds x86 computers are running Windows 7, either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Windows 10 has just now reached as large user base with about 42% of x86 computers having Windows 10.

YOU DONT HAVE TO use Windows 10 but can also opt for Windows 8.1 which is supported until 2023. Just get rid of Windows 7.

Attached: critical process part deux.jpg (1600x900, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/kb4493132-update-notifies-windows-7-users-of-end-of-support-date/
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's funny is that they've ported dx12 runtime to windows 7 like this month

but why?

Based Finnish news poster.

kys

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

Because 7 is supported until 2025.

Because they want to "show" that DX12 is a better alternative, and only fully available on W10. It's like some sort of demo. "If you switch you get all these games that support DX12 to run better than they currently do on your setup".

Microsoft did not say that

>128gb ram
but why.

Because Win 7 shits the bed with memory management

Hello russian girl, can i see vagena pls ?

Why does Windows 10 not have Aero Glass?

Attached: Angery.jpg (400x250, 21K)

Why not? I'd use the shit out of tmpfs

Because it's gay.

8.1 doesn't have this problem

They gave up trying to fix battery draining issues with it.

Not entirely, only on a game-by-game basis.
It's more about helping game devs out rather than supporting W7 users, which after all they have no reason to do.

Attached: 20190321_113037.jpg (1440x1282, 649K)

mistäs lähtien 4chani on ollu suomenkielinen?

Attached: 804cf1ae.jpg (240x240, 7K)

tää on tää yks autisti mikä pistää suomenkielisiä uutisia vähän joka laudalle

I, too, enjoy saunas

Attached: 1541328461805.jpg (768x768, 40K)

Hyvä niin. AP on maailman uutisten suomenkielinen sanansaattaja. Varmasti yksi Suomen top 5 sankareista.

Attached: ___.jpg (1106x1012, 71K)

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/kb4493132-update-notifies-windows-7-users-of-end-of-support-date/

>This FSB nigger again
Just neck yourself already

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Aero glass is for fags that treat their OS like a toy

ISO for win7 with updated usb 3.0 drivers.
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck

Some people still run XP with no problems, what real reason is there to downgrade to win10?

>Right now 40% of worlds x86 computers are running Windows 7, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
LOL rip in pieces

Attached: 1551534693295.jpg (895x623, 109K)

Lots of VMs and video editing. And bragging rights.

>but can also opt for Windows 8.1

Just imagine thinking Jow Forums is a technology board when people are actually recommending Windows 8. Christ, nothing but retarded /x/ fags on this board.

>people using vista
That's actually surprising, why? I thought everyone accepted that vista was a fuck up

Most all kernel improvments were backported to Vista. While Vista was a fuck up up front, it eventually more or less just got patched to be Win7 (Sans WDMD 1.1 support, that never got updated).

Most people hated on vista without knowing why they hated it.

Vista was very RAM heavy (for the time), and the new display driver frame work, WDMD, was EXTREMELY unstable. Nvidia drivers accounted for something like 40%+ all BSOD on vista.
Vista was pushed out the door a year too early and was a fucking dog. You just remember it being decent when everything got fixed, then further improved with most all of Win7's stuff being backported.

Isn't that far more users of the older OS (7) v the newer OS(10) than XP to 7 when it lost it's support?

I remember it being a pain in the fucking ass when it came out. 7 seemed to be the perfect response to that failure though. I don't remember people complaining much about it until they updated it in the mid 10s (2015?). Before that, it was comfy.

Why is 8.1 so low? It's not as antiquated as 7 and doesn't contain as much cancer as 10.
Is it because 8 was unbearable garbage for the longest time?

all the people who do use win7 do they even care about updates? I used win7 all my life in my pc and only update I ever installed was service pack 1 update. and it was pirated. I was still using it but a year ago its psu got cooked. but anyway, do people actually care about updates in win7, I thought one of the big plus of win7 was you never have to update it and noone I knew ever updated win7. unless microsoft purposely fuck win7 up what's the big deal of not receiving updates

> still getting updates from jewdows 10

Attached: 1549725051334.jpg (1000x1000, 406K)

I find windows 8.1 extremely comfy, literally nothing wrong with it

Nah , I'm just going over to linux. Windows is ruined and will never be the same again, they just wanna shove ads in your face, sell your data for said ads, not let you control dick, use normal people as free beta testers instead of having real quality control on them, more and more try to push you into subscription based bullshit, etc. Yeah I'm fucking done.

>We know change can be difficult
Yeah, especially if it's shitty on purpose.

Yup. I'm just going to install Linux Mint and run W7 in a VM to play whatever the fuck old vidya I'm interested in, and slowly learn Linux as well. If W7 shits the bed because of some remote vulnerability, I'll just clone the VM. Fuck Microsoft and wangblowz, it's been too long with this disaster.