Why does everyone love c++ so much on this board? Is it pure elitism?

Why does everyone love c++ so much on this board? Is it pure elitism?

Attached: i0f8eywdvdk21.jpg (1200x1169, 245K)

I use java as thats what my uni teaches. C++ seems like it would be way better since it is run natively once compiled isntead of running on the jvm. I'd iamgine with large projects the jvm significantly impacts performance

It's the best language, and it's pure elitism too.

don't fall for the meme, no one here knows C or C++

4chin is full retarded teens who can barely write python

/thread

Attached: 123524995454.png (639x360, 274K)

retard I use C, Visual Basic and Assembly almost daily. Its called having a job.

>having a job

Attached: 1547476335679.png (658x645, 494K)

butthurt python noob is butthurt

now stop procrastinating and go finish your homework

Not even him but what kind of faggot uses the word noob unironically.

>Its called having a job
lol look at this nerd having a job

I learned programming on C++ in 2001 before most of you were potty trained, and pretty much only use Python now. And by use, of course I mean copying and pasting from stack overflow.

nice LARP

What kind of faggot uses python?

Also, only retarded kids use the word "unronically"

Go be 12 somewhere else

Oh look! The "copying and pasting from stack overflow" meme!

Not tired and overused at all

nice reddit spacing

It really is a dead giveaway, isn't it?

Reddit

Spacing

Meme

Is

Fucking

Retarded

>leddit spacing

KYS faggot

He says with tears in his eyes

The JVM does a pretty good job of keeping performance high, since (at least on HotSpot) methods that eat large amounts of cpu time get JIT compiled to native assembly, and a lot of the time will be nearly on par with (sometimes even surpass) something like compiled C++. The big performance issues are a) during startup, due to the relatively massive overhead of the JVM, and b) in scenarios where there's tons of object allocations and the garbage collector can't keep up.

the only Jow Forums approved language is assembly you newfag

Because most of Jow Forums is filled with college kids learning to program and C++ is what is main language taught in most universities especially when you go beyond beginners courses. It's a shit language in all honesty especially if you aren't using STL or Boost. And even that takes up a significant chunk of space during compilations. CMake is a bitch and there's no built in package manager like modern languages. I think people jacking off about C++ either a) don't know enough about the outside or b) are afraid of change

>that pic

Attached: samsung galaxy view.jpg (640x427, 40K)

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. I salute you.

4chin kids are fucking retarded.

Also, my fancy "Reddit spacing" is making these faggots cry, it's hilarious.