Is it true Fedora shits itself when upgrading to new releases or is it Jow Forums just shitposting? Also...

Is it true Fedora shits itself when upgrading to new releases or is it Jow Forums just shitposting? Also, is gnome 3 tolerable with Fedora?(I heard gnome 3.32 is actually decent but might be just more shitposting and I'm assuming you can only test it on releasing distros such as Arch or Void)

Attached: fed.jpg (3840x2160, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoramagazine.org/fedora-logo-redesign/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice shitposting op

What shitposting? There's always people here saying how unstable Fedora is when upgrading to a newer release.

I upgraded from Fedora 28 to Fedora 29 2 days ago.
Everything just werks.

I upgraded from Fedora 29 to Fedora 30 2 days ago.
Everything just werks.

i've been using fedora since f23 and upgraded the system in place since then up to 29, just werks

It's basically an issue with every distro and the more you wait the bigger the jumps between packages, which will result in a fuckup. Happens on Debian, ubuntu, fedora or suse. RH itself mentions that you shouldn't do it but install fresh

>beta testing
Brainlet

>not beta testing
retard

It looks like Facebook's logo

i'm using fedora 29, and some programs automatically update, when computer goes to sleep.

and after each update all programs that were open are closed, and this is annoying af. is there are way to turn off these updates?

I never had any problems with direct upgrades, but I only did it 3 times.

Do you have dnfdragora installed?

Anecdotal, personal experience and all that. I used fedora since Leonidas (10 or 11 I think) all the way to 21 and I never had a single update go correctly for me.

That being said, I often found it much quicker to just keep /home on a separate partition and re-install around it. They've probably made a lot of progress since I stopped using it. They're on 29 or 30 now and I imagine they've put a great deal of work into having in-place upgrades go as expected.

Of course, In-place upgrades using nvidia hardware are still a fucking diceroll no matter what OS you're on. Arch seemed to handle things best, but there was always a few seconds of fear when rebooting after an upgrade whether or not it would work correctly.

That was primarily with older versions of the distro, newer versions upgrade fine.

There working on a re-design
fedoramagazine.org/fedora-logo-redesign/

paid shill btw

>is gnome 3 tolerable with Fedora?
>the fucking foot
>ever
>on anything
'NO'

I've been running same install from Fedora 22 to 29 without problems. Changed GPU during 27 as well without a hitch.

I've upgraded from F24 to F29, release by release.

Yes, there have been problems. But nothing unsolvable.

I can be objective about it because i don't even use Fedora I use Mint. Fedora is made pretty damn well in terms of being bleeding edge. It never broke on me when I used it, and if the package manager weren't so slow id probably still use it.

It's pretty accurate. When I upgraded from 28 to 29, everything broke and I had to reinstall. Now my installation of 30 is somewhat broken, has a lot of concerning errors related to dracut and mount when I shut it down.

I'll never understand the package manager meme. How often are you installing packages that this matters even remotely?

fedora upgrades have worked flawlessly for me since dnf relase ugrades were introduced in 25.

Do you not update packages?

Yeah, about once per day since that's when they seem to come up on Fedora. It doesn't take long if you disable the repos/mirrors you aren't using and it can be done in the background.