The nature of how pilots are trained has received scrutiny following two crashes of the Boeing 737 Max in a five month...

>The nature of how pilots are trained has received scrutiny following two crashes of the Boeing 737 Max in a five month period, with a report revealing pilots were given two hours of tuition on an iPad about the aircraft, rather than using the more conventional flight simulators.
OH NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1531733795928.png (738x926, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute
theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/21/doomed-boeing-737-air-max-planes-ethiopia-indonesia-crashes-lacked-two-optional-safety-features-report
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1531066363961.jpg (680x764, 58K)

Attached: 1528593567195.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

the ethiopian air captain had like 8000 hours and probably thousands of hours on type, even if they had training on official 737 max simulator its very unlikely that they would have encountered that specific problem

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1530651976534.gif (500x491, 376K)

based and redpilled

>being a flightcuck

androidtards btfo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute

Attached: IMG_1204.jpg (323x351, 14K)

crashing down 2 planes filled with statistically average android poojeets - worth it

You're retarded if you think anyone here is blaming training procedures for the crashes.
This, my man, this is a different thing entirely. Thing is — it's equally disturbing.

fake and gay

>This, my man, this is a different thing entirely. Thing is — it's equally disturbing.
what thing? if it isnt about the training and crash then what is this about?

Not him but if you'd actually fucking read the OP image, it's a new aircraft model

Based

MAX its better at efficiency/fuel consumption and range and handling wise its very similar to previous 737 900 and 737 in general

based

>self trained airplane pilot
>learn to flight an airplane in 3 easy steps
The meme are real, omfg, omfg

Attached: 1543818396712.jpg (1080x1080, 111K)

Hi there

Attached: 7237382997387993278723.jpg (1920x1337, 403K)

>visible black roots
pig disgusting

Implying you wouldn't lick her feet

Imagine being such a true believer in political rhetoric that you truly hold an Ethiopian in equal regard to a European in terms of potential and skill.

Scary.

Attached: 1553033567911.png (731x1024, 1.19M)

Based.

Really? That's weird. I'm pretty shite in terms of my career and even I've been in a flight simulator (a real one) and flown a virtual plane. They have places you can go and do it for fun. The instructor was a retired pilot too.

Attached: 2acdffd546a07c1aadbad6801bb8c73d854114998619c0f7dab825f5a64b3d87.jpg (255x217, 15K)

go back to your containment board

suck me

Imagine being such a retard you use stereotypes to judge individuals.

back to pol with you retard

>*drives car for 30 years*
>"y-y-yeah but you drove in Africa, that doesn't count!"
kys

Dude please do everyone here a favour and read about it on some news pages.
They literally made security precautions an add-in for $$$ for the airlines and avoided a new review/license by tricking around like a bunch of morons
It‘s literally the fault of boeing, there‘s no way it‘s not

based

what

ethiopians are genetically white people with dark skin

Boeing definitely does have its share of responsibility, but I not for a second did I think that both crashes being in 3rd world countries is a coincidence.

Attached: 70e876b0a23209aa63f75dee6c73200c767d0c0fa2f9b98058605c099bd8cf9f.png (428x428, 359K)

Reminder.

Attached: 1551035949213.png (865x1001, 235K)

>were given two hours of tuition on an iPad about the aircraft
retarded misinformation, they received this much training on a new system added to this revision of the aircraft. you're absolutely retarded if you think any company would put someone in the pilot seat of an airliner that had received two hours of instruction on an Ipad

t. SEETHING ipajeet

Attached: 1533249450150.jpg (1200x1200, 377K)

thank you kanye, very cool

based and redpilled

>more frog posting
lame

I'm no apple fan but I doubt this can be blamed on apple seems like a management stupidly cutting Costs thing

They just take longer to learn the same shit.
But you do NEED to teach the same shit in first place and be sure the lesson was taught instead of just assuming by some arbitrary amount of time.

And ipad shit won't cut it.

>already a trained pilot on jets
>just upgraded version of a plane that's been in service since 60s
>ipad just covers changes

wow it's nothing

iPads prob dont help, but Boeing making safety features 'optional extras' be the straw that dipped the nose. Long as they only kill passengers of cheap-flight airways, I 'spose
theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/21/doomed-boeing-737-air-max-planes-ethiopia-indonesia-crashes-lacked-two-optional-safety-features-report

Attached: SAFETY__FUCK_YOU_PAY_1st.png (695x602, 333K)

Enjoy your innovative new teaching methods, goy.
Let's all learn common core on the iPad. It will surely benefit us... us all, I mean. Hehehe.

>ipads training pilots on state of the art planes

>android tablets installing malware

baste

All the pilots who were trained on ipads had a 737-8 type rating, and as the MAX 8 is considered almost the same type as the -8, it's not AS bad as it seems

Good afternoon

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 1.27M)

>implying FBI didn't go to court to not set precedent
>implying apple didn't help them in secret to not damage their brand
Eat a dick.

The lower you make the barrier to entry into a field, the more it's going to get filled with reatrds who have no clue what they are doing and quality will take a huge nose dive (pun intended) as a result. Just look at video games, in the 1990s and early 00s you actually had to know your shit to break in to what was seen as a joke industry at the time.

Now? Games are bigger than all other entertainment mediums and as a result, the barrier to entry has become so embarrassingly low that any unqualified Liberal Arts discord tranny can get a top tier job at fucking Blizzard who were once at the forefront of PC games. These are the same morons who are now making the decision to use iPads as training devices. Obviously this crash was more than just pilot error, but it is all apart of the same retarded system that's sweeping literally every industry.

I wonder if it pinwheeled while plummeting?

Nice 777 GET.

Attached: bateman space.jpg (767x581, 142K)

nice

Attached: 1533785349575.png (265x340, 145K)

ok now this is epic

Attached: 1553176883105.jpg (640x640, 246K)

They all had training on 737 simulators. The problem is Boeing said the 737 Max was similar enough to previous 737s that pilots didn't need additional training. Turns out there was a black box system that Boeing didn't tell pilots about. That same system likes to point the nose to the ground. Also turns out the instrument that detects a malfunction is an optional addon that Boeing charges extra for.

Boeing is hard to get into as an engineer. You basically need first class honours for as a graduate. The problem is they fired a lot of top tier engineers who had been with the company for decades. They lost a lot of institutional knowledge.

IF IT'S BOEING, IT AIN'T GOING!

>They lost a lot of institutional knowledge.
Is keeping the plane pointed anywhere but at the ground institutional knowledge? I assumed that was pretty boilerplate stuff.

>optional addon that Boeing charges extra for.
And safety centered airlines buy because they care about safety right?

>airlines
>caring about anything but the bottom line
call me when i have more than 18 inches of legroom, thanks

>Also turns out the instrument that detects a malfunction is an optional addon that Boeing charges extra for.

>Option A
>Buy safety feature
>Hire shit pilots that can't into manual

>Option B
>Don't buy safety feature
>Hire pilots who can into manual

>Option Etheopian
>Don't buy safety feature

never underestimate schedule demands from higher-ups
patching bugs later on is obviously quite common but it can have deadly consequences in aviation
blame capitalism

No its not boilerplate knowledge. It takes decades to build up that kind of institutional knowledge. That's why only two manufacturers are able to make narrow and wide body aircraft in the world.

Literally as small a mistake as the slip/turn indicator resetting it's 0 in the brainbox to not actually 0, your hdg in off by a hair of a degree, especially your fucking attitude indicator malfing at all and you're dead.
A pilot may not notice whats going on until he's plummeting toward the ground at transonic speeds because he's been IFR for 8 hours on a transatlantic flight and has been paying attention to his instruments (That may be malfunctioning) rather than looking out the window (not that there's much you can do in a 737 when in a 900mph dive 5000ft agl)

Whether they could manually fly the plane apparently never came into question. The Boeing 'feature' counteracted their 100 lbs of force applied to the yoke. There was no indication indication to the pilot that this was being done by the Boeing feature, so no reason for the pilot to think to deactivate the feature.

Safety features usually aren't optional extras on planes. The only exception I can think of would be the fire extinguisher in the cargo hold (some Japanese regulation).
The aviation industry is heavily regulated towards safety. There is already a criminal investigation into the certification process of the 737 Max 8/9. I wouldn't be surprised to see some indictments.

Pretty much every pilot flying that type knew about MCAS after Lion air. We don't know if it was pilot error or some other reason. It is possible that disabling trim didn't disable MCAS.

based

I can't tell if you're being factious or not.

>software kills people
>WAIT NO IT'S PILOT TRAINING NOT THE PROGRAM
Jow Forums of all places should be where I can go and see people rightfully blaming this shit

zero liability for software, just blame the pilot

It's 100% software locked, like Tesla, but for safety features

It's like you have to pay $5000 extra on your model 3 to activate air bags

I need to stop coming to threads about this, this whole topic gets me pissed off.

Do these companies take their software seriously? How much do these people get paid compared to electrical/mechanical engineers and I really question if their job is scrutinized as much. The amount of testing that goes into every electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic system is intense. Yet this fucking software gets through? Really annoys the shit out of me, and what is the FAA supposed to do? Spend millions a year to have software engineers that double check things? Instead Boeing gets to essentially certify their own product, and I really think software is not taken anywhere near as seriously as any other component on the plane, as far as safety and testing goes

Brainlet, they tried to hang too-heavy oversized engines on a 1960s airframe which is not designed to handle them. To fix that they were forced to put the engines too high up on the wings. But that resulted in degraded handling and a propensity of the plane to fly itself into a stall. To fix that they added some buggy software stick pusher function, which is now killing a lot of people.

All of this was mandated by bean counters so the Max would count as the same "type" as prior 737 and pilots would not have to be retrained.

Amerimutts thouroughly BTFO

>Fly an airliner with this one weird tip!
>airbus pilots HATE him

Remember the whole 787 battery issue? The FAA is now basically accepted as inept and unable to understand modern systems, so companies get to essentially certify it themselves.

if the FAA can't do its job properly and won't be funded to do so, it begs the question of how safe planes like this even are now.

it should all be open source like our lord stallman demands

this
There is literally no need for it to be closed

still blaming the victim trying to cover up the faulty software

kys weeb

BAHAHAHA THIS MAKES THE THREAD FROM A FEW DAYS AGO SO MUCH BETTER

Attached: 1552965277970.jpg (225x224, 22K)

Attached: 1510697690826.gif (500x490, 971K)

Reminder that the FAA certified the Boeing 737 Max in the year, 2015.

>Option C
>Hire pilots who know how to fly a regular 737 just fine
>Buy fancy new version of the 737 that has an autonomous system designed to prevent stalling (like it was ever a problem) that can't be easily turned off; will override auto pilot and manual inputs; and has no fail-safe system to detect faulty sensors
>Boeing says if your pilots know how to fly a previous gen 737 then you're good to go
>Plane goes into a nose dive because it thinks it's stalling and the pilots have no idea what to do in the next minute before they crash and die because airlines didn't think it was necessary to educate their pilots about the system because Boeing said it wasn't necessary
>Everybody dies

I'm baffled by the fact that this sort of thing was given a green light with no fail-safe or off switch

I believe it did have an off switch, but it wasn't clear to pilots what was causing their nose down, and it maybe wasn't clear which off switch affected this new system.

Yeah, just because most people with down syndrome are retarded doesn't mean you can judge downies as retards.
We're just individuals after all.

>people incapable of building boats to sail the Mediterranean, unable to maintain trains so generously given to them by white settlers, somehow can pilot planes they collectively cannot build
Yeah, I'm sure you can teach cats to speak English given enough time too...

Attached: 2576cba35b746dcc435ef1f3a9….jpg (520x592, 46K)

I have met exactly one downie that wasn't totally fucking retarded.

Attached: 1461427022900.jpg (515x449, 109K)

Same here.
People that say downies are retarded are wrong, that one downie was really darn smart

All for corporationsto save money, almost like in china where they money on saftey regulators

Moar

Epic post

Attached: cat_img5.png (372x598, 222K)

It's the training and the software. Pilots had enough experience.

Attached: 1549605597192.png (361x363, 200K)

based

probably not so bad as people make it, its not like the give some pajeets an ipad and then theyre pilots

they give trained pilots which were trained on simulators and probably already hundreds of hours in the air an ipad to train them on a new plane which is probably only slightly different than planes they already flew

do you take a new drivings lessons because you get a new car?
i know thats not how it is but its also not like they reinvented the whole thing

>already hundreds of hours in the air
A few thousand hours in the air and a company might hire you as a bush pilot. 20k hours and you're considered bottom rank. 30-50k+ is typically the minimum for pilots actually responsible for civilian lives, especially on larger craft.

But that's not true. There IS an off switch for the system and some other pilots who had this issue knew to turn it off.
IMO knowing how to turn off these autopilot features that can interfere should be pilot's second nature, simple as that.

Attached: 1f36ef9e83b7cbbd8cfe88555adf2dbfa9768dd67b7eb8bf4a6298a02eb865cb.jpg (502x470, 39K)

based and debirupilled

IF IT'S BOEING

I

A
I
N
T

G
O
I
N
G