Stop Nvidia from working on Wayland for kwin! We must do everything we can to prevent wayland from supporting Nvidia...

Stop Nvidia from working on Wayland for kwin! We must do everything we can to prevent wayland from supporting Nvidia cards.
lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/public-inbox/<[email protected]>

Attached: 1200px-Nvidia_image_logo.svg.png (1200x936, 56K)

fuck off, neet, i'm not upgrading my gtx 660, and I want to use wayland without neuevoueu crashing my kernel

>newvoah
>crash
literally never happens

Why do you hate NVIDIA?

Because NVIDIA doesnt respect your freedom and doesnt give out open source drivers.

Also they refuse to work together with the whole community.

You're not tricking me this time AMDrone.

Im interning at NVIDIA over the summer and working on their Linux drivers. I'll see what I can do

FUCK OFF AYYMDPOORFAGS, YOU'RE NOT STOPPING THE WINNING COMPANY FROM WINNING

enjoy being part of the botnet and using software that doesnt respect your freedom

Why? I loved Nvidia cards.

>muh freedom
Cry me a river, freetard.

Attached: 2TQ2WnirJlIq8D6o6T_oOi1WFo94LUePurTqlzZ7pts.png (900x900, 561K)

if you dont want to use it, dont use it. dont force people who want to use to not use it

>Drew DeVault
Your butthurt is delicious, keep it coming.

Fuck off commie freetards

I genuinely think NVIDIA just wants to make reliable systems that people can use, and most of their market share does supercomputing with their own proprietary system, versus using this on a Linux desktop with Wayland

stop lying, kepler cards are the only modern cards that work well with nouveau

freetards

The only thing stopping Wayland from working on Nvidia cards is Nvidia. If they'd just support GBM like EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE FUCKING PLANET this wouldn't be a problem. But no, Nvidia has to try to make more work for everyone besides themselves by shoving their proprietary garbage down out throats. Fuck Nvidia.

>reliable systems that people can use
Which is easier if they give the community what it needs to help. They are literally forgoing free labor because the board of directors are boomers that think FOSS = gommunism.

GBM IS GARBAGE

EGLSTREAMS IS SUPERIOR AND NVIDIA KNOWS WHATS BEST, OPEN SORES CUC_KS THAT DON'T DEVELOP HARDWARE DON'T KNOW SHIT

I wonder how many times i will have to say this. EGLStreams is an open standard support by khronos. GBM is just garbage. Eglstreams will support multi gpu. Gpu switching. Remote desktop. And recording with apps universally across desktops like OBS. Mesa/gbm/wayland will always be garbage because its flawed by design. You should be thankful for nvidia in this case.

Yeah, Nvidia knows best, unlike those fools at Intel, AMD, Qualcomm, Broadcom... Nvidia wants EGLstreams because it works better on their hardware and no one else's.

"Open standard" my ass. It's used by literally no one besides Nvidia, and it's so poorly defined that implementations could vary dramatically between vendors. It's a bad solution that only exists as an attempt by Nvidia at vendor lock in. GBM has shortcomings, but EGLstreams is a massive step backwards in terms of interoperability.

What happened to that universal memory allocator project that was supposed to fix all those problems? Was nvidia the only company contributing?

It seems pretty dead at this point.

>using propertiary software

>Nvidia wants EGLstreams because it works better on their hardware
Makes a whole lot of sense if you ask me.

this but unironically

Sup Drew. Thanks for working on Sway by the way. It's cool.

>if you want to use it, use it. don't force people who don't want to use to use it

fuck you you communist faggot.

I'll use the same argument most GNU fags use: you can compile it yourself without the nvidia patch!!

>implying free labor can keep up with CUDA development pace

EGLSTREAMS HAS PRETTY MUCH WON OVER GBM GARBAGE

CRY MOAR, OPEN SORES TARDS

By whose metric? Nvidia is still the only one using it at all, and only for the closed-source driver.

>WHO NEEDS OPENSOURCE DRIVERS, I'M A WEBNIGGER SO I CANNOT PROGRAM THEM ANYWAY
retard seething

OPEN SORES TARDS ARE MAD AS FUCK AS EGLSTREAMS DABS ON THEIR SHIT GBM

settle down, cretin

fugg you mang. I applied for that one but got insta-rejected. instead I got a comfy 7k/month amazon internship tho

Attached: 1553139872814.gif (500x281, 2.61M)

>we need to stop someone from supporting an open source project
eh fuck off.

Did KDE reply? What is their response?

Why do you care?
It works flawlessly with X11. Just Like everything else.

use i3 faggot