So how am I supposed to feed my family with FOSS...

So how am I supposed to feed my family with FOSS? I need to give away my source for free hoping that nobody steals it and then live on Gibs and patreon donations? Wtf?

Attached: 1550440730941.png (655x490, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ymqN9ESj-MM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumpster dive, my man

Threads like these have convinced me that the jannies don't actually read threads.

There are actually ethical jobs out there. Get one of these. No need to sell crack to kids or write proprietary software.

If someone takes your source code and doesn't credit you for your contribution, depending on the license you could make your money in court.

get a job and do foss stuff when you're bored in your free time. or follow the aesprite model and charge people to download compiled binaries. or somehow get the redhat model of pay for customer upport to work.

So FOSS relies on writing broken software and then charging for support?

Free software is by hackers for hackers made mostly in their free time with few exceptions. If you need money, work on software that'll bring you money. Many libre developers actually work developing proprietary software as well, it's only that free software fanatics reject having a job that is related to software licencing they don't support.

t. lunduke

You may also just have big balls, sell your GPL licenced software and not give a fuck about someone doing something with it that you don't like, the ultimate Chad mode.

I used to get all confused about this trans stuff, but then a friend of mine told me it's actually really easy; just mentally substitute the word "trans" for "fake"

ever heard of yang gang, rettard? $1000 a day

do what typical companies do, make the "open source" version a stripped down shitty community version, and then for the real deal, customers have to pay for a license and support.

>women have it hard
>but me, as a **trans** woman have it even **harder**! i win the oppression olympics!

Attached: 1537627534984.jpg (2394x1632, 584K)

For example, a streaming music service:
You make a piece of software that's exceptional at compression through machine learning algorithms or some such shit, that software contains both the client and the server side and lets people have the binaries and the source code and fork it off on their own, the client software can choose to connect to any server, but for example you can get licenses from artists to host their music on your server and charge people for connecting to it, so anyone can make a server and do the same thing you do, but the actual content you provide on your specific server is what you can monetize, and eventually once it grows into a platform for people to essentially stream music libraries to each other, you could offer some outstanding feature that you beat everyone to because of your knowledge of the code you wrote and make a curated radio station with hosts out of your server as opposed to just a spotify clone and make the code for making that happen available.

Why make FOSS? For ethical purposes? That won't get you far. Being nice doesn't net you food. If there are people who need your program they'll get it cracked. The people that support you will buy it. So what is the logic?

(cont.) from This still lets you earn money, and it shares technology meaning it both spreads by word of mouth and marketed better, this also ensures competition which grows the overall market by lowering the barrier of entry and as other companies advertise their own content on their servers made with your code, they're also by proxy advertising the technology you made and thus advertising the market as a whole and your service too, your way of pulling ahead is by innovating, not preventing others from innovating, which is more ethical in my opinion and overall more beneficial to society, not to mention that while the SW is something someone could go compile on their machine and do whatever, the infrastructure needed to support this at larger scale is something that you will be the best at since that's what you designed the code in mind with, so companies that are aiming for second place after you in the market and want an advantage might ask you to help set up their own infrastructure due to your expertise, and you could offer that service for money.
Throw a copyleft license on it to ensure things stay fair and off you go.

It really is an economically viable model that has the advantage of being ethical and even it's own purely capitalist advantages too, as effectively if someone makes an improvement to your technology, you can easily adopt it too.
It's kinda hard to wrap your head around it since it at first glance always seems like just gimping yourself, but i think it could work for a lot of things, if i developed the cure for cancer i would definitely make it open source, but not necessarily disclose the infrastructure my company would have in place for mass production and distribution and optimization, thus securing me as the number one in that market, and help companies who want to get into that business by selling infrastructure to them for an insane price, while still letting them develop it on their own and contribute to the cure

That's not what she's saying, she's saying that alt-right hates women in power AND it hates trans people, therefore she gets double the hate.

And anyway, i've never heard of cishet women get targeted by religious and political extremists and physically assaulted for just existing. Not that it makes the issues cishet women face day to day any less legitimate, but i think it'd be unfair to say that LGBT+ individuals don't have it worse in current-day Trump-erica.

You can still make money off FOSS easily, see:

What is alt-linux even supposed to mean?
Alternative linux? Like linux users used to be like a political group and then there's this other group of linux users who don't share the same values?

From what I have seen this applies more to people like the thing in the OP than anyone else.

Fuck off faggot

Releasing your source code does not mean people can steal it; they can make copies of it though. If you write proprietary software and a cracker removes the source code of your program you don't have a backup of, now that would be closer to stealing.

Attached: 1548126983700.png (750x386, 91K)

>Trans stuff is not very hard to understand
Hormones that work on developing secondary sexual characteristics in the womb work on the body but not the brain, thus the condition is not physically intersex but the body and brain don't match, which causes many mental issues like depression, anxiety and suicide associated with one's perceived gender identity, this is known as Gender Dysphoria.
Since we have no idea abstract concepts like gender and race and basically anything related to consciousness relate to physical development and activity of the brain beyond the basic "this chemical makes this basic low-level emotion happen", we can't fix the brain, and arguably that would be unethical since we don't operate on cancer patients's brains to make them content with cancer and we don't operate on brains of amputees to make them think they never should've lost a limb in the first place. Note that there is a stark difference between this and say Schizophrenia as schizophrenic delusions are not feasibly true, as in, a non-schizoid person can verify that a schizoid hallucination a schizoid person sees is not true, this can not be done in case of Gender Dysphoria as we simply do not know enough about the relation of identity and consciousness to quantifiable physical properties that we can measure and do studies on.

(cont from) since the brain for the most part is the only thing that matters and IS the person which can be easily proven by invoking a simple thought experiment which asks the question "How can you know for sure that while you were unconscious your brain wasn't moved to an exact perfect replica of your body through theoretically possible means of technology you're not aware of?" The answer is of course unless you're insane, you wouldn't, because the body is just a tool. For those reasons, we instead attempt to treat Gender Dysphoria by altering physical appearance through HRT and surgeries, unfortunately measuring the effectiveness of such treatments is difficult as due to the political climate and the private nature of the issue as well as not being able to tell apart a fair amount of trans people from cis people and self-medication, it's nearly impossible to get an even close to scientific big enough, random enough sample of trans people to know the effectiveness of it, but from the studies done we know that pre-surgery trans people are more likely to commit suicide than post-surgery trans people even if both are still higher than the average rate of cis suicides, it is worth pointing out that the increase is rather slight, but it's also speculated that's more due to a lot of pre-transition transgender individuals never actually making it known they have gender dysphoria and committing suicide, and thus being counted with the general population as opposed to a "trans-related suicide".

All of arm's mbed team are working on open source and makes more money than you

(cont from) and From the studies we have done we also know that there is a more noticeable difference in quality of life measured by things like mental health, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts and other criteria, that transgender people surveyed who responded that they passed/blended in all the time or most of the time had a higher quality of life than those that answered they managed to pass or blend less than half the time or not at all, this study is arguably more meaningful as genitalia alteration surgery is only one of the treatments transgender people go through and arguably not as important as outward appearance in day-to-day interactions as this study seems to suggest, however again, it could be biased in both types of responses as the respondents had to self-evaluate which could be impacted by things like self-esteem and their general outlook.

As i said, all this is basic common sense and just because your high school drop-out brain can not comprehend it does not mean it's hard to understand, you're unwilling to understand it because you're a lonely loser and signing up to an extremist ideology that's taken over this once far-left website that would've told you to go fuck yourself with your christian values and spam you with loli art, makes you feel like you belong somewhere, and that's something all humans long for, so it is understandable, but please do rethink if it is worth satisfying an urge to seek company when it means that not only will you be on the wrong side of history, but also be excluded from more and more potential, non-extremist societies thus isolating yourself even more, ending up dying alone and in shame, just because you hung out with the people your momma told you not to hang out with because they used familiar internet meme imagery to create a new hip extremist movement, is that what you really want?
Now, think about that.
And fuck off to >>>>>>

This, and also RISC-V
They're using a similar business model to what was described in:

Really being able to make decent money off FOSS is the true brainlet filter

use a licence

good luck suing some indian pajeet or chinks who don't even have loicenses as a term in the dictionary

If anyone wants to debate this, just remember that "gender" is a recent myth. It doesn't exist, only sex exist.

Attached: 82e4a2e742a57d000c06328a70be244e7e9a573c426df3c2dbeb175ea2321327-b.jpg (1162x1191, 419K)

Have a separate licensing agreement for corporations and charge them out the ass for it. And beg for donations.

Is this some copy/paste meme? Nobody sane would actually take the time to type that all up or even read it all if it was just thought up on-the-fly right now

I'm going to make all my future releases licence include a clause that only white heterosexual Christian males can use it.

>tranny subhuman blog posting this nonsense
Why do you leftypol subhumans want an anti white safespace on Jow Forums?

Attached: trannies2.jpg (2746x3008, 2.03M)

Attached: Tumblr_is_fucking_Retarded_Lizard_Furry_Tranny.jpg (549x415, 59K)

Attached: trannies_shilling.png (1148x1308, 130K)

Transgender people predate modern civilization tho, so do gender roles and perception of gender in society (including primitive tribal society), concepts we do not observe in other animal species which does seem to lead to the conclusion that gender is a thing that's specifically an abstract human concept and not related to typical dynamics between sexes we can see in other animals.
You could of course say "well yeah humans invented gender", but that is a really empty statement without saying "But Why?" Free will is kind of a myth really and we are still for at least the most part reactionary animals that simply have far more complicated reactions to our surroundings and circumstances than other animals, so it's fair to speculate that gender identity is indeed a part of a make up of a human being on some low psychological level which was what pushed humanity to create gender-based social expectations and gender roles, not to say they aren't influenced by sex, but that's not all it is, in the same fashion as how studies show tribalist instincts express themselves in terms of race, even in literally blind people who do literally not see skin colour.
I did type that all up "on the fly" right now, in fact these
are all my posts, i'm a professional ghostwriter though so i can summarize my thoughts very efficiently and since this is something i like to ponder, i had a lot to say already, and just had to write it out in a concise, structured manner
That's illegal though, and dangerous, i'm not sure about the US, but in the UK, generally law dictates that if a contract contains illegal clauses such as for example a clause in a tenancy contract that says you can kick the tenant out at any time or a contract for euthanasia, would invalidate the entire ordeal.

>tranny shill still coping

Attached: 1550077177362.jpg (640x991, 95K)

This
Go dilate that blood and rip out the hair from that hole in your crotch

Attached: 1548510325267.jpg (738x669, 55K)

You're supposed to ignore what the free-cultists and mentally ill males say. Why would you take the ranting of crazy people seriously? Are you going to take investment advice from a two year old, no right. Normal people get normal jobs that compensate them monetarily, then do whatever in your leisure time.

Based and redpilled

Attached: trans.png (732x814, 540K)

That and a real job user.

Attached: 1537882050935_0.jpg (1024x848, 168K)

I'll include a clause that makes it illegal to use the software where local jurisdiction prevents all other clauses being fulfilled.

I'm not anti-white, i'm white too, i'm anti-hate though, and i think preaching to an alt-right 14 year old memer cloud is still more productive than preaching to an echo chamber
>that pic
>boo hoo, an invasive surgical procedure looks bad! what degeneracy look at what people go through to treat a disease!
This just gives away that you're underage and haven't seen real surgical procedure gore for even far less complicated operations.
>obvious comedic relief in a typical vent post about boomers being boomers
>LE LOOK MENTALLY ILL!!!11
You are far worse than tumblr, buddy.
There is nothing wrong with that, if someone is obviously fucking trans then they need to do shit about it before they're 40 and are basically doomed to live in misery or commit suicide.
>samefagging
1v1 rust me m8 i'll dilate your hole real nice :DD
>non-conforming
sucks for them, i'm in perfect deep stealth tho
But the "harm" fixes the "Mental illness" so...?
It's like saying "Oh when thinking about your cancer makes you have a mental breakdown and someone talking about it makes you upset you definitely don't have a mental illness and instead get that cancerous tumour permanently removed"
>not understanding that queer culture is just a reinterpretation of various offensive gay stereotypes and imagery portrayed in the media in the 80s and 90s
You need an IQ over 90 to post here
if it's sound advice, why not?
You just coping cuz you can't think outside the box and stuck in your cubicle box for the rest of your miserable, completely lacking anything noteworthy life. Enjoy your mediocrity and 9-to-5 while the "mentally ill males" and "crazy people" and "free-cultists" and a "two year old" change the world and actually do something for humanity.

>anti white tranny is still seething
Are you going to livestream your suicide?

Attached: TRANNIES_5.jpg (2400x7000, 2.04M)

Attached: 1551117082367.png (2176x1676, 1.22M)

Attached: speakingofwatch.png (1458x1015, 138K)

>successful woman
Coraline is neither of those though.

Attached: 1552063078495.jpg (847x740, 183K)

>I'm in perfect deep stealth

Attached: 1547408465422.jpg (1000x850, 112K)

Attached: piss nigga.jpg (331x132, 5K)

I'm glad they have the right to do this to themselves. I don't know how anyone can lack foresight this hard.
>I'm going to mutilate my genitals beyond repair, there's no way this could lead to suicide

How can one man be so based?

>you've probably seen a trans person IRL, but you'd never know

Attached: 1501050277375.png (872x597, 667K)

>a great representation of what will happen to your genitals once people get enough of this alt-right bullshit and left-wing extremists take over and make sure you can never reproduce

Attached: Capture_201903011857072.png (1080x1842, 1.63M)

I doubt the legitimacy of these claims based on the physical aspects alone. There's no way tearing your crotch on a regular basis leads to a higher quality of life.

Attached: 1542621376422.jpg (2133x1192, 232K)

>a great representation of what will happen to your genitals once people get enough of this alt-right bullshit and left-wing extremists take over and make sure you can never reproduce

Attached: 64094468C666421CA9B6FB3429B22657.jpg (702x691, 88K)

And you psychotics firebomb people that try to study it and cure it just like homosexuality

Based, kill yourself tranny

What an awful analogy. Having a penis isn't like having a tumor that will kill you, and treating a mental problem with a physical procedure such as this one is nothing more than absurd. It's just as bad as doctors prescribing lifelong pill plans for temporary problems that could be treated permanently through therapy.

>I'm uncomfortable with my body, better mutilate it instead of learning to become comfortable with it

become stallman, he get paid for merely existing

i'm signing off now, hopefully i gave someone a good idea of what trans people are and how to make money off of FOSS, see yall at pride faggots
I'm not firebombing anyone, if someone invents a way to prevent homosex or trans people from being born, i'm all for it because i wouldn't want anyone to go through the shit i went through, same as for any other deadly disease or disorder
But obviously trying to alter a conscious living human being's brain carries obvious ethical issues, not to mention we don't know enough about the brain to do this, this is why we don't lobotomize people anymore, it usually ends in a nightmare, if a cure of some sort is developed, a magical pill that automagically makes you not transgender to fit into society better, who's to say that this technique won't also be used for political opposition and ideological and cultural conflicts?
It is for trans people because their brain is wired to think it's wrong to have the genitalia they have, obviously for a cis person having a penis is fucking normal hence why you don't understand the analogy, but that's gender dysphoria for you, it is not absurd at all to go about treating it this way, and Gender Dysphoria will absolutely kill you if left untreated, and probably will too if you treat it, but some chance is better than no chance.

BTW to the Jannie that banned me, fuck you I'm still here and ain't going away

>I'm still here and ain't going away
Hopefully you'll kill yourself before the year is out

>concepts we do not observe in other animal species

This is bait. Great apes, members of our own lineage, display complex social behavior including gender roles. Transgenderism is anti-science.

Don't count on it

>Gender Dysphoria will absolutely kill you if left untreated

Given that more than half of you kill yourselves after transitioning, I laughed.

So your definitely killing yourself so? Sweet

zuby!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=ymqN9ESj-MM

Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?

They absolutely do not.
Gender Dysphoria is a well acknowledged disorder supported by many scientific studies and observations which back my previous posts, and there are multiple theories on it, again, scientific ones, anti-LGBT alt-right movements are the anti-science people, using religion and pure emotion to justify their arguments, in the end, science and reason and logic will prevail, as I did over the ban, it's the way of things.

OP you should get a real job.

Attached: comrade.jpg (1024x514, 101K)

kill trannies

Attached: ace_of_based.jpg (661x960, 61K)

Just because a treatment isn't 100% effective doesn't mean it's not effective at all, people with cancer and other terminal conditions, just because the cancer doesn't go away completely all the time doesn't mean it's not worth it to try

>the record has to be respected and cannot be challenged
most jej

You apparently since you're so convinced that all trans people kill themselves or whatever.
But as I said earlier in the thread, dropping real red pills to people who think the opposite as opposed to an echo chamber is more productive even if rarely effective in the end

Attached: inspirational5.png (984x634, 753K)

That's really quite embarrassing of you mr.do-it-for-free, how long will it take you?

People choose this, willingly.

>They absolutely do not.

Oh my sweet summer child. All you had to do was search for great ape social structure, but instead you doubled down. Just swear harder to The Cause, it will make everything better.

>literally every Jow Forums derail thread is about trannies
this is some freudian shit ngl

>"people"

>Just because a treatment isn't 100% effective doesn't mean it's not effective at all
Transgender people kill themselves at the same rate regardless of transition. Your treatment doesn't work. At all.

>t.never recovered from a big surgery before
Try getting shot in the leg and learning how to walk again, getting some skin off your cheek for a penis/vagina will seem like a breeze

The usual model is to charge a flat rate per month/year, then do the support for no additional charge when needed. If you built broken software, you just make more work for yourself. Which is why RedHat for example is usually considered very reliable.

gender dysphoria is autogynephilia, there's no evidence of men having "woman brains" or any such thing, it's a fetish, remedied by taking testosterone blockers which kill their libido, repelling the fantasies, but also cause depression and tons of medical complications, because that's what low testosterone does to mean. As such there's zero evidence that HRT decreases suicide rates or increases happiness for so-called gender dysphoric individuals, much less surgery.

Attached: 1544188140022.png (634x736, 341K)

I know what you're referring to dumbass, but you're an idiot if you think primitive gender roles like that are anything on the scale that humans have it, and you're also an idiot to think that the particular chemical developmental disorder that causes Gender Dysphoria which is the basis for my built in psychological gender identity, is possible in apes or that they don't have it at all and it's not simply extremely rare and undocumented,

Can you link the studies?

Free software mostly being made by hackers in their own time is a meme. Most contributions come from paid employees who do it as their job.

It is not AGP at all as otherwise all trans women would be walking around with boners wearing stripper clothing, but they don't

>the tranny is getting mad now
Calm down man, I thought you were "signing off"?

Attached: 1552178686394.jpg (962x546, 310K)

they don't because they take test blockers. You can go ahead and read forums, a staggering amount of "transwomen" report arousal when cross-dressing before HRT.

>So how am I supposed to feed my family with FOSS? I
become a freelance web developer and release anything remotely interesting under the GNU license on your personal GitHub.

There is plenty of evidence for this though, you're literally talking out of your ass, there's also zero evidence or even any logic to saying that taking testosterone blockers in trans women cures gender dysphoria, not to mention you're talking about trans women specifically as opposed to trans people in general, a lot of whom are trans men, so what they have autogynephilia too? Your theory is pure nonsense friendo

Would you stop calling these guys trannies?
They are not trannies.
They are just fat ugly dudes with wigs.

I wanna play with Mr.janitor