Power supplies

Is there not ONE good brand of PSU??

750w rosewill gold psu: exploded after a year
500w coolermaster gold psu: fried after 6 months
600w gold evga PSU: explodes after 1 year taking some components with it

seriously what the fuck, are there any companies that arent lying kikes that make actual good psus?

Attached: u76z1wo7qan21.jpg (640x853, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hildstrom.com/projects/neutral/index.html
amazon.com/dp/B078T1XSJ1/?tag=pcpapi-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think there might be a problem with the electricity in your house, user. there are also only like two or three Chinese companies that make PSUs so the brands don't matter that much

a psu has never failed me

Sweetheart, I think there is something out their killing your poor, helpless PSUs.

Do you live in a third-world country by any chance? A old house? Please send me your address.

Try be quiet! or corsair

You should also regularly clean it, looks a little dusty

The two "generic" 900W PSUs in my server have been running almost 24/7 since mid-2014.

I've been using Seasonic PSUs since the late '90s, never had a single issue.

anyone have a promo code that i can use to lower the price?

i received a free thinkpad but it needs a power supply. i am too poor to afford one

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-21 16-19-34.png (604x554, 55K)

Corsair. Don't get me started on server PSUs though. Fucking niggers.

Get a UPS and all those troubles will be over.

Seasonic has ten year warranty. But honestly this seems like a user error, I've had all kinds of PSUs and only one stopped working after couple years of use which was a cheap chinkshit one.

A UPS doesn't excuse you from getting a /csg/-tier PSU.

I live in the US.

I use some really power hungry components as well as I overclock

corshair psus are as well known for exploding as samsung is, they are basically legal hand grenades. are you trolling?

ok that is actually a good suggestion, i have an old one but it doesnt hold a charge, maybe 10 year sold
is that ok to use? i hear a UPS will explode

the only common factor here is you

>UPS will explode
Maybe if you buy some cheap noname chinkshit UPS. A good name-brand unit will outlast the battery.

Just change the battery.

You don't know what you are talking about.

I think it's just you. The only psu I fried was a generic vios $20 psu. Aside from an Evga 800w which lasted nearly 3 years. Currently all my computers are running coolermaster 450w/750w psus with no hiccups

what hardware do you use?
i have an amd fx 8350 and an r9 295x2 so i draw quite a lot of power, if you people are using sub 200w builds then i can understand that youve never had a psu fry on you

but get some hardware that actually tests a psu and you will

did i use my super powers to electrocute my pc by gaming too hard????

your powergrid is shit or your house wiring is shit.
or you're extremely unlucky and got 3 duds.

ive never had a psu go on me

not even when i had a 450w one with an old quad core and 5850, and the fan died on it
not even when i was pulling 500w from a 300w psu
not even when i spilled coolant onto a chink psu
not even when overclocking my 9900k to 5.4ghz on a 550w

So you are the retard breaking them then.
Stop running them so hard.

>fx 8350 and an r9 295x2
bro that's a PLATINUM CERTIFIED HOUSEFIRE build, what the fuck

Attached: 1548710848149.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

Corsair AX series
I work at a crypto mine and we used lots of Corsair AX1200i and they last a really long time and are very durable. Your best bet is to get one with more power than you need so that you're running it below it's limits. That being said, we regularly ran 1200w PSU's at ~1,500w and they held up for quite a while. Funny enough they don't fully burn out, just start shutting down below their limit. I've been running a "broken" one at 750w for months now.

What ever you do, do not get an EVGA. Firstly they are just super flower, but I don't think it's their A grade stuff, never had a good EVGA PSU.

Second they are an awful company with terrible warranties. Customer service is non existent.

Switched to a be quiet! straight power 11

They're right OP, you probably have bad frequency in your lines. Get your landlord to have an electrician check it or just buy a power conditioner.

Also, linus tech forums have a tier list for PSU's that is very accurate apart from EVGA

Why not learn to repair them.

>I use some really power hungry components as well as I overclock
Maybe you need a bigger wattage psu because you're maxing out the ones you have. A 1000 watt one if they make that and perhaps a ups and a power conditioner and a dedicated circuit breaker.

It sounds like something you're doing is causing this. First guess is that you've got poor thermals and heat buildup is causing the psus to wear at an abnormal rate.

That or you've got a weird gremlin in your electrics. What's your specs?

Attached: 3qj7j.jpg (459x345, 16K)

you ran that heater off a 500w coolermaster for six months? Jesus

When a problem keeps occurring it's time to look at yourself instead of everyone else

Antec and before they sold out back in the day, PC Power and Cooling.

Got an Antec in a server going on maybe 8 years w/ 24/7 uptime or close to that. Got it on a ups.

I have a Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold PSU that's been running for nearly eight years. Seasonic and Superflower are two decent manufacturers, and you can often find them rebadged at decent prices. EVGA G2/G3 and B2/B3 are Superflower, some Corsair AX series are Seasonic, and most XFX 80+ Gold units are Seasonic.

I'm not saying you'll never have an issue with one of these units. I have an EVGA 850 G3 that will randomly shut down when loaded over ~500W. However, that is one of four EVGA G2/G3 units I have used and it is the only one that has had any problems.

Get a Corsair CX750, cheap gold psus suck ass but a nice bronze PSU will last.

How about you stop being an inteltard and use an AMD CPU like a normal human bean? Intel trash can easily exceed 500 watts and get uncomfortably close to 1,000 watts, that's why overclockers use 1,000+ PSUs with them.

Attached: 7e849d23_overclocked-7980xe-power.jpg (700x486, 44K)

Been using the same 1600watt EVGA PSU for five years.

There's issues in your area/house/local power substation if psus are dying like that. Really. No shitposting.

Out of a couple dozen builds over 20 years I've had one PSU failure, but the last several have lived on beefy surge protectors that I've never had trip. I usually put my hardware on it's own circuit in the house, as well which I doubt matters, but...

>1600watt psu
>2 x 290x
>2 HDD
>6 SSD
>8 case fans + 2 CPU

Mmm. Toasty.

>Antec and before they sold out back in the day, PC Power and Cooling.
The one PSU I have ever had fail on me was a PCP&C Turbocool 510, back in like 2004. Came back to my dorm room to burning-electronics smell, fortunately it didn't take anything down with it. Replaced it with a Sparkle 550 that ran perfectly well for about a decade and is still sitting in my spare-parts box.

FX-8350 isn't a housefire at stock, but crank that mofo past 1.45v and you will get a housefire, also R9 290X was housefire as shit, 280X/7970 was better thermally.

Even booting that system + oc with 500w is a miracle. Buy 1200w psu and be safe. Oh, and buy a fire extinguisher if you plan on using sub 1000w psu with overclocking

Yeah I put the two 290x on a 1kw, when they went 3d clock state the PSU would just shut down entirely so I had to get a xbox huge one.

The AX1200i and AX1500i are not comparable to the rest of the AX series. They are Flextronics units using digital regulation. They are some of the most robust power supplies on the market, but the lower models in the series are usually Seasonic units, although that could have changed recently. Seasonic is still a decent OEM, but those two units are in another class entirely.

Repairing PSUs is a good way to get yourself killed unless you know exactly what you're doing.

sounds like you're the problem, retard

You know you're supposed to unplug them first, right?

>r9 295x2
>with a 500W PSU
Welp. Thread's over. As always, OP is a fag. Go home everyone.

Do you know what a capacitor is?

He's probably talking about people who unplug the pc with pressing the power button to discharge the big ass capacitors in a PSU, they can store enough to hurt you.

>implying anyone here actually uses a fucking 7980XE

>with
without**

do you know that everything except chink shit with fake UL stickers that isn't worth repairing anyway has bleeder resistors across any cap of any significant size? They'll be discharged and unable to make you punch yourself in the face by the time you get the case open. Again, assuming you unplugged it.

Yes, and I also know how trivial it is to discharge them.

>I think there might be a problem with the electricity in your house
this, probably got a weak neutral

A UPS without a working battery is basically just a power conditioner.

Literally never had a PSU explode, no matter the brand, even no-name brands.

I've got a hobo-tier noname AT PSU from the 90s that has so many hours on it that the fan sounds like the apocalypse, which still sees frequent use for accessing old media and a chip programmer. Yet I'm still waiting for anything to burn or explode. My secret? A fucking $10 surge protector.

Find a shitty lenovo branded one with the same watts and barrel connector

what can i do about it?

someone can't read
did you not see i used more powerful PSUs as well?

get something to record the voltage, then watch for spikes, then contact your power company

get an electrician to check your home wiring. harmonics might be fucked up. also buy a UPS you shitstain

ok. reccomend me a brand i was not aware 1000w psus existed

watercooled gpu and 212 evo on my cpu
no heat at all

this, or hildstrom.com/projects/neutral/index.html

Even with a 750W PSU that's still pushing it, especially since that 750W PSU was Rosewill trash. The GPU alone will pull around 500W by itself at full load, and I know from experience an overclocked FX-8350 will pull in excess of 200W. Add in a few fans and some drives and the board and you're right at the capacity of the PSU. Typically you want at least 150-200W of overhead on the PSU, but they tend to be the most efficient and last the longest when they're run at about half their rated maximum draw.

amazon.com/dp/B078T1XSJ1/?tag=pcpapi-20

Maybe it's not the PSUs, maybe you just fucking suck, OP.

never had a psu go bad on a desktop machine.

I've been using a Corsair TX 650 since I got my 5770. I think you just need to buy less shit products.

What actually needs more than 500W?
I have 550W PSU, OCd i5-9600K to 4.8ghz and rx480, never seen it draw more than 300W from the wall

You don't have a GPU with a 500W TDP and a CPU with a 125W TDP that can easily pull 100W more when overclocked, like OP does.

i am using amd you retard