Serious question

Why would anyone use linux instead of Windows or Mac?
I don't get what the purpose is

Attached: 1548615041721.jpg (494x600, 45K)

>I don't get what the purpose is
If your autism level is low enough that you don't mind ending a sentence with a preposition, then GNU+Linux is not for you my friend

purely so they can spend hours everyday troubleshooting shit instead of using an OS that just works with minimal effort.

That's archfags only. Real men use Debian

Debian is for try hards. Ubuntu all day every day.

>that just works with minimal effort.
Until your computer needs patching and Windows Update destroys everything twice a year.
At least freetards are transparent about how shit their software is.

hasn't done any of that to any computer i've ever owned

Linux is a kernel. You need an operating system to use it such as Android or GNU.

Better for servers.
Better for odd hardware.

What you're thinking of is "why would anyone use linux for their main machine?" and I can't give an excuse for that.

I use it because thumbnails in the downloads directory of windows take 2+ min to load once you get over 1000 of them

Serious question.
Why would mactoddlers shit in the street instead of a toilet?
I don't get what the purpose is

Attached: 1532480297813.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>odd hardware
Windows is infinitely better with odd hardware than Linux is as everything was pretty much made with windows in mind first

I used Ubuntu from 7.10 to 16.04, but I jumped ship when Ubuntu started forcing snaps down my throat. I'll take a little extra time to setup over snaps any day.

Imagining Linux
>Free
Imagine not paying hundreds of shekels for your OS. Imagine paying zero shekels.
>Package management
Imagine having one program which manages all installs, uninstalls, updates and rollbacks, including dependencies.
>Security
Imagine not even needing a virus scanner.
>Customisability
On Windows and Mac you can change your wallpaper. Now think of that, but everything else.
>Privacy
Imagine running an OS that doesn't spy on you.
>Lightweight
Imagine not needing a 3GHz quad core and 16GB RAM just to open a fucking system menu in under ten seconds.
>Speeeeeeeed
See previous.
>Penguins
Linux has a cute penguin mascot. What do you have? Squares? A fucking fruit? Exactly.

Attached: 1552951953245.jpg (452x550, 37K)

I installed Gentoo after reading this post

Attached: 1518038440629.gif (360x270, 712K)

It's used on almost anything that isn't a desktop because it's reliable, at least compared to anything Microsoft or Apple makes. Even Microsoft now uses Linux for their IoT because they literally couldn't make Windows work for that. The only reason the average person doesn't use Linux is because they either buy a Mac or they have Windows preinstalled and never bother to check for alternatives. Oh, and the catch 22 with the users not coming over because some software, mostly games, not being there but the software is only not there because the users aren't there.

Desktops were. Until Microsoft dropped support for the older ones. With everything else, people use Linux. Only advantage Windows has is with newer hardware, until people add driver support.

my speakers stop working correctly and getting bluetooth audio to work properly is a pain and there is always desync issues not present on windows

I don't get what the purpose is, faggot.

They want to believe they are a special snowflake.

When I used windows, little things would bug me about the OS I didn't like
I'd tweak it, but it usually ended up breaking weird shit that was hard to fix without a reinstall
In linux, I can fix things I break myself, that felt easier
Not for everyone for sure

Linux is a real posix system, which makes it infinitely better than Windows already. And it works on all machines unlike MacOS.

Windows has become spyware shit.
Apple is shit and expensive.
Linux is shit but at least it's free.

See, wasn't too hard, was it?
And the reason is, obviously, to feel superior.
Linuxfags, liberals, gays and people that actually vaccinate their kids are all horribly annoying and should all be put down like the disgusting animals they are, btw.

Found the paid Microsoft shill.

I've been telling Jow Forums admins to block Microsoft-owned IPs for fucking years and they haven't done it yet. Microsoft's paid Jow Forums to let them shill their obsolete garbage OS and it's pathetic that anyone falls for it.

copy and paste your error in google its so hard for you?
do you prefer to use the botnet?

ask you precious andjeet ceo stupid selfhating streetshitter

Unless you're a developer, hobbiest, or a nerd, you genuinely have no business on Linux. It's not a good desktop OS replacement for normies. I love Linux, am a Linux server admin for a decade, and I'm getting my RHCSA and RHCE right now, and I think Linux is utter shit for end users.

Attached: gnu_linux.png (903x903, 5K)

Why would I use Windows or Mac when they are inferior in every way? The only way how they even might feel better for some people is because of other people/companies, meaning that some software was made for those systems. They had nothing to do with it, they just make a garbage OS. By focusing on the system itself you can notice that Windows and MacOS aren't doing anything better.

How old of desktops are you talking about?
Windows 10 works down to core 2 just fine and those systems are getting on well over a decade old
If you really wanted some pentium 4 era machine and wanted updated software I guess you would have to use Linux but at this point there is little reason to try to use that shit for modern tasks