How the actual fuck did this thing right here become the most used browser?

How the actual fuck did this thing right here become the most used browser?

Attached: chrome.jpg (1001x500, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toptenreviews.com/software/internet/best-internet-browser-software/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by being faster, more stable, and more secure than faggotfox

Most people installed it for coming with integrated sandboxed flash

It just works.

/thread

Nice bait desu

neither of the three are disputable

Attached: Bar-graph.png (897x705, 10K)

It used to be good at right time
It's in every installer in existence (does google pay them?)

Attached: chrome_beta_xp_02.jpg (720x540, 65K)

I have to use this piece of shit due to the dev tools. And it has nice extensions.

Fuck google fuck botnets.

I too can make up citation free charts

It faster then fire fox and it avoided viruses since internet explorer loved to infect pc's with random viruses floating on the net.

anti-competitive practices combined with firefox ruining their extension ecosystem

because of the mobile faggots

Boomer detected.

>using google
Enjoy your botnet.

>blame IE/EdgeBotNet

>blame mozilla sjw's

>safari refuses to into webm

there you have it

hurr durr hurr durr that's all i hear faggot

toptenreviews.com/software/internet/best-internet-browser-software/

>this but unironically

Attached: image.jpg (640x875, 310K)

>Every installer in existence
Wtf kind of proprietary shitware are you installing user?
>Is Google paying them?
Who the fuck else would be paying them?

Firefox started shitting itself and screwing around with the only reason to use it, so I moved to chromium.

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Chrome was spreading like virus shitware, tons of banners in search results like INSTALL CHROME NOW FAGGOT and bait normies on that shit, meanwhile google give money developers of another trashware (like CuckCleaner), for silent chrome installers in their shit. And finally, botnet in every fuckin android phone and chrome as default browser.

Dumbass
Firefox is still better at customization, anti-fingerptrinting, etc. It's faster than before too.

Literally nobody in the universe cares about mozilla's politics besides Jow Forums. As far as normis are concerned it just kind of exists

I unironically recommend pale moon

>blame mozilla sjw's

What did I miss?

great.

Nothing. Mozilla paid lipservice to the left to win good by points, and Jow Forums is convinced that normal people give a shit about it for some reason

By not removing features on a regular basis

Remember toolbars?

Thanks

>lipservice
ousted their CEO too, not that Eich was doing a good job

Tens of thousands of programs, including the drivers for lots of hardware, include Chrome as a standard, pre-checked, part of their bloatware. Most muggles do not uncheck those boxes.

Everyone uses the search engine (especially internet newfags)
The search engine advertises chromo as a new and cool browser
It's literally just accessibility and exposure

Google literally suggests you to install Chrome on certain browsers. That was pretty much the only reason why I gave it the time of the day back in like 2008 or 2009.
During those times, it looked simplistic enough for me to like it, and it also ran way faster than Firefox.
As time passed by and I grew up, I came to realize the advantages Firefox has over it, and Quantum introduced the performance improvements that I needed to justify never having to look at Chrome ever again.
/blog

Made by Googleâ„¢

It was always at least comparable to Firefox from its initial release, and it has always pushed the envelope and done bigger/better things than most other browsers.

As people began to listen to tech enthusiasts more and more (hence the genuine rise of Reddit, Twitch, etc. -- all, more or less, as a result of YouTube and Google results, again due to Google's control), Chrome was bound to rise. Given that Microsoft took a while to make Edge an "established" product and tech enthusiasts were heavily against Internet Explorer, the only real competitors to Chrome for most of its early life were Opera and Firefox, and Chrome always was at least as fast as Firefox, if less feature-ful. Eventually, the tides turned, and besides not being under Google's constant watch, there became literally no reason to use a non-Google affiliated browser (Chrome or Chromium).

More like forced installation and Google Search coursing.

*Internet Explorer. Back in 2008, the average person had no idea that Firefox or any other browser was a thing. People were using IE across the board. Suddenly Google began advertising a browser on their home page and it was much faster than IE. It caught on like wildfire and the rest is history. Firefox may be better, but
>muh speed
God forbid it takes half a second longer to load a page...

It just datamin...I MEAN WORKS HAHAHAHAHA

It was big news since people already used Google for everything, except a couple people lagging behind with Yahoo. Google also produced quite a few fun and interesting Chrome experiments, little games that only worked in their browser.
And for kids at that tie period, the incognito mode was very useful.
When it first came out, it was definitely faster than IE, which many people were using. You have to remember that that was the competition. Netscape was already dead. Firefox was only used by nerds.

I'm a die-hard Firefox user myself, but fingerprinting is one area where Chrome wins purely because everyone and their grandmothers are using it. You're less likely to stand our from a fingerprint perspective if you're running stock Chrome. Of course, you're being tracked a thousand other ways in that case.

Because faggots who don't know shit about technology are easily swayed by slick looks.

>advertising on the #1 page of the internet, constantly bitching at you if you try using another browser
>making all your websites (maps, youtube, hangouts, search, etc run like trash on competition's browsers)
>bundle chrome installation with nearly any semi-popular program by default
>run fud campaign against mozilla for years
>first easily embeddable browser engine
>most popular OS for schools comes with it and has no choice of alternative browsers
You must not use Chrome if you think that.

>not that Eich was doing a good job
So what's the problem then?

You dare to question Google?

Because it's hayai

>have backspace button mapped to an extra mouse button
>can use it for many things, one of them is going back a browser page
>one day, hit backspace to go back a page
>'Using backspace to go back a page is no longer supported. Please use ALT + LEFT_ARROW_KEY instead.'
what the fuck
Firefox still lets you do it

I used Firefox until they started showing wapo ads on the new tab screen

>ASLR
I, too, wish my browser would implement KAISER.js

WHOA How did the world's largest advertising company get so many people to use their browser?

FaggotFox is an SJW browser

>t. Pajeet

>t. faggot

Because it is the best out there. Faster, stable, massive support by developers than anything Jow Forums promotes

Attached: 1548775384074.png (500x480, 119K)

1 rupee has been deposited into your Google account pajeet.

Attached: frankly_kek.jpg (1000x1000, 57K)

Attached: 0d701f2d46385cbecab5ac4696649c40e4fbe67d6ebb5fd0a3a3a8d71c11791f.jpg (575x431, 61K)

>by pandering to the technically inept.
chrome had a very bad rep in the beginning, but eventually it became popular among low-skilled users and the criticism & warnings about google's inflated ego ceased

so what should i use faggots

>can't even defend his browser

the absolute state of faggotfox

Attached: faggot.jpg (600x842, 42K)

Get a nobody in India to print out and mail you any page you want to view.

I remember in the mid-late 2000s, after opening Internet Explorer at the school library once there was an ad for a Google-made browser called Chrome. Installed it and showed all the classmates how different and cool it was etc etc but it just went widespread and whoop de do Google knows everything about us too little too late.

>blame sjw
>Google has the highest amount of sjw of any company worldwide even before Twitter

something doesn't quite add up here does it?

What's the point of using the proprietary version? It is literally the same shit as chromium, plus additional google telemetry. Am I wrong?

Attached: IMG_20190313_161128_939.jpg (750x982, 113K)

>more secure

kys nigger faggot

I have nothing to hide.

IE was shit
FF was great but a bit slower than Chrome and lacked sync
Chrome lacked extensions at first

Then FF got its sync, but Chrome already had sync and got all the extensions, so why bother switching.

Google fucked Chrome ad everywhere, so no wonder that normies using it...

Google controls information and IE was shit, easy.

firefox dropped the ball in 2011 when it began shooting out updates like crazy to compete with chrome's features, people got sick of having to restart FF and left.

By being the best?

There was Firefox, but they killed extensions and there was no reason to use it over chrome anymore.

Thanks for reminding me to disable it on Firefox.

Then:
-it was better than IE
-it was faster than firefox
-it has integrated translation (you may laugh but I lost count of how many normalfags use Chrome because of the translation bar. English r hard.)
Now:
-shilled by countless freeware
-comes preinstalled on every. single. fucking. android. phone.

>this thing

Attached: 1543982055473.png (680x624, 379K)

Most normies use google search engine
(((Google))) always tell them to use their browser
And it's default browser in Android

Google used stats from their botnet phones to lie that it's "the most used" across all platforms.

>killed extensions
No they didn't. They changed them. There are more quality extensions for FF than Chrome ever had, and FF is a vastly better browser in every way compared to that buggy, horrible, botnet pile of shit Chrome.

>They changed them
To me as an end user they lost any benefits they had over Chrome's (for example, Vim navigation that was able to work on literally any page).

>Vim navigation that was able to work on literally any page
Still exists. Stop being a paid Google shill or at least sounding like one.

it's comfy

>Still exists
And now I know you are talking out of your ass.
Try using it on about:conf or even settings or "start page".

The only one that worked was "VimFX", that is no longer supported because new extension engine simply doesn't allow for all the features. The main alternative now is "Vimium" now guess why it's called that.

It advertised everywhere on TV, billboards, newspapers, banner ads etc. There was even a Justin Bieber advert.

Every priform installer (speccy, ccleaner...yeah i know, spyware, but normies use that) adds you Chrome. Even if you do an advanced setup, they will still hide it well

by never deallocating memory

Basically this. But didn't catch on like wildfire maybe for browser standards took some years to gain popularity

Have you even compared both using fingerprinting tests? I can tell you havent because you're making shit up. try Firefox with privacy.resistFingerprinting;true
privacy.firstparty.isolate;true
Firefox has better anti-fingerprinting. You have no idea how this shit works.

Pushing political shill agenda by them...
Just look on Pocket and its Vice articles, blablabla white men blablabla

>There was even a Justin Bieber advert.
Seriously?

Is Brave a redpilled browser? I've been using it for the last year or so and I really like it.

It's my fault too.
I remember when it came out. Had much better security and was way faster than firefox, so I was recommending it left and right.
Even I had switched from firefox for the first 2 years.

You have no idea how much I regret that. It hurts, user. It really hurts. But Google wasn't so bad back then right? I'm not a terrible human being for recommending chrome back then, am I?

Complete and utter fucking idiots.
Having Google behind you with actual fucking money and actual fucking budget compared to some free and open source Foundation supported by donations and shit helps a lot.
Google was already a household name and the most popular search engine when they put a browser out.