This board has changed a lot since I first started browsing it. It’s kinda weird to say this...

This board has changed a lot since I first started browsing it. It’s kinda weird to say this, but I honestly believe that 90% of the programmers on here don’t even know how their toolchain works or how to compile out without hitting a fancy button in Visual Studio.

Attached: 9394529B-B8C7-44B6-A774-E171A668FA25.jpg (598x376, 58K)

not true:
C:\javac myfile.java
C:\java myfile.class

et voila
>tfw idk shit

I'm a zoomer. Watch this:

>vim file.c ; gcc file.c

It hasn't changed. 90% of the programmers on here don’t even know how their toolchain works or how to compile out without hitting a fancy button in Visual Studio.

programmers? you mean, "pro" gamers?

Can you tell me what to look into to learn?

>This board has changed a lot since I first started browsing it
Nah. You're just more cynical now that you're older. Jow Forums's always been populated by a bunch of clueless hacks who know just enough about programming to convince stupid children that they know how to do it themselves

>visual studio
outside of linux there is literally no value in understanding the build system or API implementation. windows is a layer cake of shit. don't @ me

I do know:
python myfile.py

clang fizzbuzz.c -o fizzbuzz

o yea? watch this
cd ..
cd ../..
cd code
cd ..

Attached: klosss.jpg (713x1121, 125K)

Yes, it's weird that you're angry over most programmers on Jow Forums allegedly not knowing how their compilation tools work and having a reliance on IDEs.

If you work at as a programmer, at the end of the day, your boss wants results. It doesn't matter how much you know about the inner workings of the compilers or CLIs if you don't deliver results.

It's c:\java myfile user

I'd be surprised if even 10% of programmers worldwide had the slightest grasp of their own toolchains under the hood.
Also, Jow Forums was always shit. The people who knew their way around an instruction set all hung out on /prog/.

why is she making the mega milk face

finaly i can show me rare bait pics.

Attached: 1534042817852.jpg (600x552, 23K)

python3 yourfile.py

:)

ghci
:l myfile.hs

ggc niggers.c -o faggot

Attached: frog.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Yeah. I don't even know why I keep coming here, since you only get into an interesting thread with people who know what they're talking about about once per year.

>ggc niggers.c -o faggot
Should be gcc op.c -o faggot

been here since /prog/ on the text boards

that has always been the case

UNSUBSCRIBE

this board used to be filled with privacy conscious individuals who appreciated linux, edward snowdwn, etc. now we're made up of people who think net neutrality is a bad thing. pathetic