Post connection speeds and your opinion on Stadia...

Post connection speeds and your opinion on Stadia. I’m convinced the only people hating it are connectionlets that are jealous they will not be able to experience the future of gaming.

Here’s a few words from people who have experienced it first hand.

>In terms of controller response though, AC Odyssey on Stadia feels very close to a local experience - timing-sensitive moves like parrying are achieved with no problem whatsoever - and that brings us on to another latency element. We tested using the Pixelbook's keyboard, while Google says that its controller's direct WiFi link to the server delivers further latency

>....they’re close to what players get using an Xbox One X with an OLED TV today. ... the experience of playing Odyssey felt comparable to native consoles.

>...Alright, so Assassin's Creed Odyssey had passed a quick test - but surely Doom's frenetic, first-person bloodbath would feel off while streaming down from the cloud. Nope. Playing on a wired mouse and keyboard, I was shocked once again by how buttery-smooth everything looked and felt. The supremely violent Glory Kill animations, as you rip demon skulls apart and pulverize hellspawn with your fists, never missed a beat in between shotgun blasts. This Stadia demo included the ability to emulate different degrees of stream connectivity, including "Excellent," "Degraded," and "Severe." I was playing with an Excellent connection, but even when watching over the shoulders of folks who were playing under Severe conditions, they seemed completely unfazed.

gamesradar.com/google-stadia-hands-on/

vg247.com/2019/03/20/google-stadia-latency-assassins-creed-odyssey-tests/

techcrunch.com/2019/03/20/what-latency-feels-like-on-googles-stadia-cloud-gaming-platform/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_cs=D5n9T5WJYtQq6tX0OKqC-w

Attached: A267A244-1642-4089-AE59-3F8DE8ED14E5.jpg (1125x739, 203K)

It's a meme, just like onlive was a meme.

>hurr durrr I like not actually owning muh gaymes

Attached: 1546586602588.gif (543x533, 415K)

It's shit, fuck off google.

Attached: ethernetspeed.png (585x130, 17K)

>TFW 15MBPS connection
Honestly, I should just kill myself

Been using Shadow cloud streaming for half a year now. Feels cozy to have a full desktop in the cloud with good specs, streaming from my low tdp laptop. Cant complain about latency as long as you got a decent connection.

Attached: 1499697908048.png (904x711, 390K)

> Your data is secure
> Shadow data is stored in our secured data centers and you are the only one that can access it. We will never share your personal data.
i seriously hope you ishygddt this diggy shiggy

If those third party reviews are accurate then I’m actually pretty excited about this. Looking forward to playing triple A games on my Arch set up.

The figures are a bit BS

Remember Stadia server was most likely in the same fucking room or next door at 1-2ms

>google bring about the year of the Linux desktop
ConfusedStallman.tar

not bad i would say

Attached: Screenshot.png (534x95, 13K)

How much does it cost, unless it's like $9 a month it's fucking retarded.

Not paying $20-25/month to stream games when i can just buy the AAA titles that come out

Most of them were off site demos, and the Cnet one was done over a thousand miles away and still had and Xbone comparable gaming experience with PC comparable graphics.

1 - you're a horrible and not subtle shill
2 - /v/

I’ve seen the figure of $15 a month in a few articles, but nothing concrete.

>In all cases, the lag was higher than running the game natively on an Xbox One X at 30fps, and even more so on a PC at the same framerate. Running Odyssey at 60fps further exacerbates the gap, which is to be expected.

Lol so DOA

Its shit, just like OnLive

It will never be good, stop trying.

Attached: shitnet.png (756x119, 18K)

Oh look, another Goolag shilling thread.

By the way, they are lying about 100ms motion-to-photon latency in offline PC games. Pic related is their estimated numbers. Only some shitty early access battle royales have this kind of latency, and only over internet.

Attached: 15530342145711.jpg (707x171, 21K)

Fundamentally untrue is you read the sources.

>Pic related is their estimated numbers
And pic related is the actual motion-to-photon latencies in online games, without goolag marketing FUD. Offline ones are better at this.

Attached: battlenonsense.png (1920x1080, 635K)

Oled easily adds 20ms and forced console vsync adds 30ms. Stadia is comparable with modern consoles.

god in fuck i hate apex legends and BR games in general.

Attached: 1547111130752.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

I did read the sources, that OP posted

That was Digital Foundry saying that about the lag

then this one from the tech crunch article

>Things started off pretty ugly. The frame rate dropped to a fast-paced PowerPoint presentation, the resolution dipped between 4K crispness and indecipherable blurriness and latency seemed to be as much as a half-second. As the Google employees looked nervously at each other, someone grabbed the controller from me and restarted the system.

see this for actual latencies on PC measured in a practical setup with a high speed camera

>consoles

Multiple third party review sources have proven that there is no discernible difference in input lag on Google’s Stadia streaming service. It’s the future. I’m sorry you can’t afford better internet.

Attached: C1C41A79-B767-4F74-BCEB-2B55871394C0.jpg (611x1024, 71K)

I think its gonna be cool for casuals and be a giant turn for the console market.
I'm sad that this will most likely end mods of any sorts.

>60 fps
>2019

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 23K)

Well certain games I don't care to own after playing through them. For that sort of games it really doesn't matter if I own them or not, at least if the former is cheaper

Dont care someone seeing me gayme on it or editing photo/video. Anything I need to secure is done on local machine.

I shit on this garbage service
also they don't have any proof this was not streamed from a backstage server
and it's google, even if we pay, we're the product
fuck them

Attached: nperf.png (499x115, 16K)

it matters because of your rights as a consumer, when you don't even have the game on your harddrive it goes without saying your rights are being violated

How, if that's exactly what I signed up for? Kinda like buying a car vs. leasing it

why would you ever sign up to be violated like this when you can have a superior experience elsewhere

game as a service is the current norm and it's fucking sad.
It's the main reason why I switched to embedded from game development.
I know my games are not eternal but it's retarded to not have any post-mortem plan to somehow release the game to public in drm-free form especially multiplayer ones.
everyone is using fucking ue4 or unity, it's like there is something to hide in the code...

Following your logic, cinema, TV, netflix, online game developers all violate your "rights" just as much as GaaS does, because you don't own a copy of a game

Rights are respected because people fought and died for it. As simple as that. Your right is just a whine in comparison.

stadia would never work where I live

this is considered top of the line high-speed

Attached: Screenshot_20190322_080400.png (621x234, 22K)

Stadia sounds promising
pretty much everyone in my country has speeds like this, some even higher

Attached: AwMZ8Hj.png (501x97, 15K)

i'll be interested to see how well it performs in a near optimal setup. I have an almost direct fiber connection to one of the largest data centers on the east coast, assuming google has servers located here, i'll have 2-5ms ping to their servers.

That coupled with 1gbps bandwidth should give me about as close to "perfect" as you can get without being in a lab for Stadia.

Attached: 2019-03-22 08_08_09.png (318x160, 8K)

How are you being violated?

Unless you have a pure shit connection speed, you're going to be able to stream 1080p, if not 4K, compressed with like 20-30mbps.

The real issue is latency. Google could plausibly deliver 60fps if they can render and transmit a frame to you, and your TV/monitor render it, in under about 17ms That's really optimistic, desu. I don't think most people will get that.

However, I think targeting 30fps is far more believable. 1000ms / 30fps = 33.333ms. I think a lot of people that live in metropolitan and surrounding suburban areas could easily reach this. However, this all depends on if Google can setup their CDN infrastructure properly.

While 30fps is shit for high tier FPS gaming, what fucking top tier gamer would game like that with a shit hole controller instead of keyboard/mouse anyway? I think Google's marketing says they're targeting the high end gamers, but, in reality, they're just persuading your average COD cuck gaymer that they're "top tier" and will have an enjoyable experience - that which they probably will.

These games are going to probably have some Google API to interface with their network and to try to manage controller and rendering latencies to an extent. I really think this will deliver a 1080p/2160p gaming experience at 30fps to most people just fine. If you're in rural buttfuck nowhere, you're SOL. However, the majority of gaymers are in suburban and urban settings where Google can get their botnet CDNs real close to you.

Honestly, after thinking hard about this, I think Google will have a legit product that console plebs will really enjoy. Stupid yuppies will just subscribe their dumb kids to this service instead of worrying about buying them physical games and hardware. The dumb kids will eat it up because all their dumb friends will be playing the same gay ass console games with them too.

Congrats, Google. You did decent. You'll never touch PCMR, though.

Attached: well_then.png (196x197, 34K)

I could technically reach 120 or 144hz.

120hz is 8.333ms
144hz is 6.9ms

My ping to official valve CSGO and DOTA 2 servers is 2-5ms. Assuming google is hosting in the same data center at least.

While your ping is within reason, the problem is also the render time per frame on Google's side. They may have RTX 2080 Ti's by the boatload, but that's still going to take you like 5-10ms to render a frame if using high settings. On top of that, while probably hardware accelerated, the video streaming encoding will take an additional couple MS per frame too.

Here's my speed test result. It looks like I could potentially pull off the 4K 60fps claimed by Google, I'm not a console pleb and I probably won't pay their shitty monthly subscription price point.

Attached: speedtest.jpg (1232x661, 137K)

If it’s as much as Netflix I’ll probably give it a go.

100/10. Uk. I’ll definitely try it out.

Brazil is not ready for Stadia. This is considered very good here.

Attached: 1524847134817.png (817x145, 21K)

Fast.com

Take screenshots and results

>hurr connection speed makes up for latency and inherent physical principles
This is the kinda retard that populates Jow Forums nowadays.

Attached: 1510585047007.jpg (657x878, 116K)

>Google knows one of the problems with Stadia is shitty connection
>Google pushes for infrastructure upgrade so people with hopefully adopt Stadia
>traditional ISPs feel threatened and get their shit together
I think that should work out.

God I can’t wait for it to release.

Is Brazil even ready for clean drinking water?