I just installed Ubuntu after fucking with obscure distros for years

I just installed Ubuntu after fucking with obscure distros for years.
Holy shit. What is even the point of using obscure shit? Ubuntu literally just works with no problems
Fuck having hipster cred. Having my computer just werk is way more worth it
Fuck you all

Attached: smug.jpg (229x220, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/1027532/how-to-opt-out-of-system-information-reports/1030168#1030168)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Being memed into obscurity is part of the Jow Forums experience. Avoid the desktop threads for your own safety.

lesson learned

Your next step is to actively try things that Jow Forums hates. Go make a Hackintosh and discover how good macOS is.

i own a mac actually but i don't really like macos much anymore. that's why i started using linux

arch just werks for me too
arch packages
>official repos
>aur
>tarballs on very rare occasions
Ubuntu packages
>official repos
>ppas
>debs
>snap

>arch
Cringe

>Cringe
Yikes

>Yikes
Blue pilled

Attached: 1552748599086.png (721x768, 731K)

win10 masterrace here. You're all fucking faggots.

and here comes the loser of the thread.

why is it cringe? it's rather nice, you just have to not be a monkey and read the RSS before upgrading

and then you have literally all other distros not needing exactly that.

all other distros don't have AUR and neat packaging systems arch employs

True, Ubuntu is fucking fine, the problem is old packages, and i hate having to using 100 different ppas to just get newer packages that eventually might even break, that's why I use arch and manjaro on my main machines

Even win10 got pacman if you install msys2.

Attached: hu3dxr9j.jpg (240x166, 13K)

based, I use arch for same exact reasons

> Ubuntu literally just works with no problems
18.04 LiveCD doesn't work and freezes to death on 1GB of RAM.

what does that change exactly
that's GNOME for ya
I run GNOME but let's disregard that :D

nobody uses latest vanilla ubuntu. LTS versions of Xubuntu/Kubuntu/Ubuntu MATE/et cetera are the best

Not obscure, just beyond your mental capacities.
The only obscure things are the actual functionalities of hardware.

I was using arch for a year or so and I just switched to ubuntu. Fuck autistic ricing.

Remove the spyware and Ubuntu is fine

what spyware? it ain't 2014 anymore

>I just installed Ubuntu after fucking with obscure distros for years so I really have almost no experience or knowledge about anything other than the install process.

xubuntu doesn't have that issue

I don't usually distrohop but I installed Q4OS and I'm very happy with it. Trinity is better than XFCE/MATE.

fuck you i used slackware as my daily driver for years fuck off faggot

install debian and not a bloated fork but i agree distro hopping is a waste of time. It's better to jsut settle with something

this

I might be a brainlet but the plethora of tools that debian is offering allows me to get get the job done. It just works.

Lol faggot fell for the Arch Linux meme.

Attached: pepe_f_u.jpg (236x236, 12K)

I came to this conclusion as well.
I jumped ship to Mint on my Laptop, but Ubuntu stays on my PC

Welcome to being an adult

If it works for you, it works for you. I started out with Ubuntu and I could honestly have just stayed with it but distrohopping was fun. The only thing I would need to change if I wanted to go back to Ubuntu now is to install a different window manager. Tiling all the way. The bloat would be annoying but you can't avoid bloat anyway.

>Blue Pilled
Yuck

Arch doesn't have to mean ricing. You can do that whole i3-gaps shit on any distro. Just like you can run Arch and not spend a month configuring how it looks.
t. Autist who just spent a multiple hours configuring his .bashrc so that it shows a status bar in the top line.

You are using Arch though, right?

Solus here after years of obscure shit and writing configs and building from source. Turns out Linux is comfy after all.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter. I could do everything I don in any other distro. Pretty much the only thing that changes between distros is the package manager.

>yfw you've never distrohopped

Attached: 1504536597938.jpg (604x722, 100K)

Use whatever you want, no one cares. I have my reasons for using Arch.
Most of the arguments people have between distro choice just comes down to stock settings. You can install Gnome in arch and go full normie and you can install i3/sway in ubuntu.

>r/thathappened

>Windows users in Linux threads
>Linux users in Windows threads
Balance in all things.

Attached: 1518301201898.jpg (432x444, 196K)

I use mac OS, shit literally just works more than Ubuntu or Windows ever will.

heavily unbased if on genuine hardware

>I use mac OS, shit literally just works more than Ubuntu or Windows ever will.
>just installed Ubuntu after fucking with obscure distros for years.
I just installed Windows 10. Shit literally just works more than macOS or Ubuntu ever will.

I still use Windows 8.1, but when LTS for that dies, I'll make the switch over to Linux.

Did like the look of Linux Mint (apart from the menu) on my old x86 laptop.

Couldn't try Kubuntu since it wouldn't work. Though from the images I've seen, KDE looks fucking beautiful.

Arch users are like vegans.

They fucking brag about it to everyone. Nobody gives a shit if you use Arch. Nobody.

>just works
>have to disable telemetry (askubuntu.com/questions/1027532/how-to-opt-out-of-system-information-reports/1030168#1030168)
>have to remove cancer like snap
>packages autostart systemd services, pollution your system in no time which you have to manually go through

For seriously, ubuntu is slow as fuck
It doesnt just werk

Give KDE Neon a try if you want to check out KDE. It's probably the best KDE distro now.

>crack sip
Aaah lubuntu it just works. No fiddling no flashyness. Just boot and start coding c software.

Attached: IMG_1140.jpg (250x229, 10K)

I've heard of that one. I'm have no real experience with linux apart from Raspbian on my Pi.

It's also harmful, but they would never admit it.. until you see them eating fish somewhere in some shady restaurant. And then it's over.

>I just installed Windows 10. Shit literally just works more than macOS or Ubuntu ever will.
>I use mac OS, shit literally just works more than Ubuntu or Windows ever will.
>I just installed Ubuntu after fucking with obscure distros for years. Ubuntu literally just works with no problems
I use OpenBSD. Shit literally just works better than any UNIX derivative and certainly better than Windows.

Just use whatever distro you like.

OPENBSD MASTER RACE

you say this now but you're going to hop again once canonical does another thing that is shady as hell but hey be ignorant

Welcome home white man.

thank you brother

I used ubuntu until they switched to the foot
The only DE besides Unity with proper fractional DPI scaling was KDE, so I switched to Arch because you anons said it works nicely with KDE.
You memesters won't belive me, but after the painful installation it just works. In my experience it's actually more reliable than vanilla Ubuntu 17.04.

I like the aesthetics, the 'just works' aspect and the fact it's UNIX, but macOS comes with poorly built hardware
I'm not sure if there's a macbook made in the last 3-4 years that doesn't suffer from some sort of hardware defect.
Hackintosh is an option, but it requires fucking with kexts and more often than not there are still things that are broken, which negates the 'just works' aspect.

>1GB of RAM
Sounds like an awfully nice problem you got there bud

Install Windows if you want everything just werk

Gnome has fractional scaling now with 3.32

about fucking time

Obscure? so you experienced the best of linux and
you settle for Ubuntu. Why are you even allowed to exist?

Huh? I switched from Ubuntu to Arch and I like Arch way better. With ubuntu I would always have to add these shady third party repos to get software.. with Arch, it's always there.

I've had to reinstall Ubuntu from scratch 2 times because it just stopped booting after some update. Never had this problem with Arch.

Arch won’t even boot from usb on my Thinkpad x200

macos isn't good though
it functions. that's about it

Ubuntu is pretty good
not cringe at all

the amazon on the taskbar bothered me so much i couldn't use it, yes im autistic.
then i installed arch linux and im completely satisfied

and even then apt is in the aur