Thinking of getting the Xiaomi foldable phone when it comes out to use with Google Stadia but am worried about the...

Thinking of getting the Xiaomi foldable phone when it comes out to use with Google Stadia but am worried about the plastic screen being shit. Is this a good idea or should I just buy the biggest cheap 1080p Android tablet I can find?

Attached: DF8CC1C2-E54F-443F-8C0E-FC6BFAAF5061.png (761x498, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/unboxtherapy/p/BvPMAUqHyQ-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dfitmcq8e7r1
gamesradar.com/google-stadia-hands-on/
vg247.com/2019/03/20/google-stadia-latency-assassins-creed-odyssey-tests/
techcrunch.com/2019/03/20/what-latency-feels-like-on-googles-stadia-cloud-gaming-platform/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_cs=D5n9T5WJYtQq6tX0OKqC-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>buying into the google botnet
>buying into the chinese botnet

>having a phone

Never buy the first version of a product. Go for a Mi Max 3 or some higher end phone like a note 9.
The only folding phone that looks like it has been made to last is the Samsung one and it's ugly and thick af.

>The only folding phone that looks like it has been made to last is the Samsung one

Attached: 1551023223930.png (729x505, 323K)

Unironically what's the point of these things bros?
Have they run out of things to justify charging $1000+ for, so here we are with this useless gimmick?

Attached: 1549992811841.jpg (399x400, 47K)

Here's a better view of the crease.
instagram.com/unboxtherapy/p/BvPMAUqHyQ-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dfitmcq8e7r1
The justification is of course - "A fool and his money are soon parted".

God Stadia is going to be so cool. Can’t wait to play modern games on Linux.

>God Stadia is going to be so cool. Can’t wait to play modern games on Linux.
Wrong thread and no, it isn't going to be a thing.

Attached: 222.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>T. Sad he spent $2000 on a GPU
At least you can still mine crypto

>T. Sad he spent $2000 on a GPU
>At least you can still mine crypto
t. Stadia sales rep
Nice telepathic abilities. How come there's this much input lag on a single player game then mister sales representative? God forbid you try playing anything online. Face it, it's not a thing.

Input lag is comparable to modern consoles according to several third party journalists who have used the system off site.

In terms of controller response though, AC Odyssey on Stadia feels very close to a local experience - timing-sensitive moves like parrying are achieved with no problem whatsoever - and that brings us on to another latency element. We tested using the Pixelbook's keyboard, while Google says that its controller's direct WiFi link to the server delivers further latency

>....they’re close to what players get using an Xbox One X with an OLED TV today. ... the experience of playing Odyssey felt comparable to native consoles.

>...Alright, so Assassin's Creed Odyssey had passed a quick test - but surely Doom's frenetic, first-person bloodbath would feel off while streaming down from the cloud. Nope. Playing on a wired mouse and keyboard, I was shocked once again by how buttery-smooth everything looked and felt. The supremely violent Glory Kill animations, as you rip demon skulls apart and pulverize hellspawn with your fists, never missed a beat in between shotgun blasts. This Stadia demo included the ability to emulate different degrees of stream connectivity, including "Excellent," "Degraded," and "Severe." I was playing with an Excellent connection, but even when watching over the shoulders of folks who were playing under Severe conditions, they seemed completely unfazed.

techcrunch.com/2019/03/20/what-latency-feels-like-on-googles-stadia-cloud-gaming-platform/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_cs=D5n9T5WJYtQq6tX0OKqC-w

Just get a big ass chink tablet for like $200. I’m probably gonna use Stadia on my TV and Linux desktop though because small screens are pure eye poison for vidya

>Input lag is comparable to modern consoles according to several third party journalists who have used the system off site.

Attached: 1553086671415.jpg (750x980, 471K)

It was running in low bandwidth mode, not low latency. Google were showing off how different connection speeds effect the quality of their product and simulating a 15mbps internet connection. When running on first world internet it’s comparable to a modern console.

On a TV with 100ms of input lag, sure. I can't wait to see people defending the compression artifacts too.

Connectionlet COPE

>stadia
>cool
You have to go back

T. Dial up user

>Unironically what's the point of these things bros?
people like new things and will spend lots of money on new things.
doesn't necessarily have to be good, just new.

Should I wait for one of these foldable phones to come out and sell my Keyone, or should I simply buy a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 for €549 and keep my Keyone?

Tough choice, please help me take a decision.

Why did you quote me? I didn't even imply that.

>Connectionlet COPE
But even single player games have obvious and game breaking latency. Just stop posting this bullshit.

Completely contradicted by all the third parties who have actually played it.

the concept of a small phone that unfolds to a bigger is not new, it's just being shit implemented. Literally all bad things we see now are 1º gen problem(even the price). In the future we could see better implemented folding ideias, tho the samsung one is decent: small screen(but why so small, samsung? chink small hands eh?) to use while walking and shit and bigger screen for media consumption and productivity tasks.
the sweet spot for me would be a 10inch(like the galaxy A6 from 2016) tablet that fold and become easy to transport, no need for secondary screen and like this you could ditch the need for a case.
imo, huawei have the better aesthetic and a closer to future products look, xiaomi is kinda ok? the problem would be their MIUI garbage and how well it will function with foldables.

> connecting to a bbs on a decades old PC in 2019
> be fat and gay

Stafia is DOA, there's no way they can eliminate end user latency lol

you are an idiot, just stay in your mom's basement with your dino PC until you die from being too fat

Hmmmmmmm

>In terms of controller response though, AC Odyssey on Stadia feels very close to a local experience - timing-sensitive moves like parrying are achieved with no problem whatsoever - and that brings us on to another latency element. We tested using the Pixelbook's keyboard, while Google says that its controller's direct WiFi link to the server delivers further latency

>....they’re close to what players get using an Xbox One X with an OLED TV today. ... the experience of playing Odyssey felt comparable to native consoles.

>...Alright, so Assassin's Creed Odyssey had passed a quick test - but surely Doom's frenetic, first-person bloodbath would feel off while streaming down from the cloud. Nope. Playing on a wired mouse and keyboard, I was shocked once again by how buttery-smooth everything looked and felt. The supremely violent Glory Kill animations, as you rip demon skulls apart and pulverize hellspawn with your fists, never missed a beat in between shotgun blasts. This Stadia demo included the ability to emulate different degrees of stream connectivity, including "Excellent," "Degraded," and "Severe." I was playing with an Excellent connection, but even when watching over the shoulders of folks who were playing under Severe conditions, they seemed completely unfazed.

So either Google are staffed by wizards or you’re just wrong.

>t. stadia shill
nice pasta you got there, third time you post it today?

No you are just a shill marketer. It's obvious the whole system is dumbed down in every way.

It works well against the retards spamming 2 second input lag literally unplayable zomg

>oh shit he’s proven me wrong better call him a shill

Attached: 7DE71087-A389-4AF4-A36E-09E250DFC8F4.jpg (611x1024, 71K)

>Completely contradicted by all the third parties who have actually played it.
Show me. Even Google couldn't, so good luck.

Why is it that if I got my hands on that device I would immediately be able to see that it's even more dumbed down this webm?

You are not fooling anyone. I've come understand a long time ago that big gaming companies don't want us to play good quality games.

Attached: 1552339819768.webm (720x404, 1.6M)

See

>It works well against the retards spamming 2 second input lag literally unplayable zomg
It works well against who? Heeeey genius, look:
Your Google couldn't do it, you've seen it, you know it, but yeah, you've surely improved the performance now with whatever you're doing.

wow you suck, do you go by the name of Phil Burnell by any chance?

>Buying Chinese shit

Prepare to have of your personal info stolen and sent to the Chinese government

You have cited sources that are known for pay to post, also the fact Google only announced a few partners is a good indicator the real gaming industry thinks this is a fucking joke

Only the second link shows actual numbers and it's still the ones we know aren't good enough (~180ms). Not sure what you're even doing here at this point.

>Stadia

Enjoy your 3 second input delay

Not quite. Xiaomi is ironically one of the most developer friendly manufacturers and almost all of their devices have great custom ROM support. I don't think that will be the case with this foldable tablet or that it will be a success at all.

The left is the Samsung fold and the right is the Huewei X

B-but it's fine. They'll just design games around it.

Enemy reaction times +3 seconds.

>He doesn't know about the chip that's the size of a pencil's tip that sends all your data back to China

>The left is the Samsung fold and the right is the Huewei X
Who gives a shit, it's faulty technology either way.

>connectionletcopeintensifies.jpg

>Who gives a shit

While the Samsung fold has a bit of a crease the Huewei X has an actually giant hugely noticable crease

>He doesn't know about the chip that's the size of a pencil's tip that sends all your data back to China
Oh, you do know? You've reverse engineered it? Way cool man. Surely this can't be "implying implications" level of shitposting.

>stadiasalesrepintensifies.jpg

>Everyone I don’t agree with is a shill

You can see the crease better in the video. Either way, it shouldn't be there at all. Maybe one day.

What's the other conclusion then? You're just shitposting?

Or people are genuinely excited for Stadia.

thanks i needed that laugh, literally NO ONE is excited

Except the millions of people that are. This is going to be the future.

Your boss must be shitting himself trying to do damage control everywhere, even the Reddit fags are ripping stadia

>everyone I don’t like is a shill
Sorry you wasted all that money on your GPU

With Stadia around the corner folding phones might not be such a meme after all.

Dumb nigger I can run Parsec on 10mbps at 1080p with better input latency than this garbage. If I can do it, there’s no reason Googles garbage needs any more just to be enjoyable.

>speedlet upset his poverty tier connection won’t let him enjoy the future of gaming
Sucks to be you

>according to several third party journalists
So several liberal arts majors that probrably don't play videogames.

>shitposter can’t think of a good argument to defend pajeetcode
>y-you must be poor or s-something

LMAO

Well if they directly compare it with consoles that implies they played the console version, no?