Been hearing a lot of good things about Google Stadia. Will it finally usher in the year of the Linux desktop

Been hearing a lot of good things about Google Stadia. Will it finally usher in the year of the Linux desktop.

Attached: 8069B290-B637-45A3-A862-CA05EE61D0A9.png (2000x2000, 432K)

But was the sieg hiel salute really necessary?

Absolutely.

no because people will realise how shit it is once it's released

Seems to be generating a good buzz with multiple journalists showing it has console level performance in off site tests.

The ability to play games like normal people won’t suddenly make Linux not shit. So no.

>Been hearing a lot of good things about Google Stadia.
>Google
No!

>Sent from my Android device

ahh yes journalists, known for their knowledge of technology and their positive reputation with video games

Well they’re not pulling numbers out of their ass. Seems impressive.

Attached: C16F0185-B640-4503-865A-7D57CCF2DB67.png (2436x1125, 3.94M)

Nice try, user. But I don't own a smartphone.
Next time call me out on using reCaptcha. That's unfortunately something I can't avoid.

>can’t afford a phone
>thinks his opinion matters

Attached: ACFCF9DD-57FB-4E57-9B76-5D1FBF1F214D.jpg (500x647, 36K)

How do you know they're not pulling those numbers out their ass? Anyone could make a pic like that in 5 minutes

>animefag
>thinks his opinion matters

It was digital foundries off site hands on tech review. Do you think they’re biased?

I wouldn't let my mom play solitaire with that input delay

Definitely untrustworthy

Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about.

user, everybody can afford a smartphone. I simply don't need one.

How do you contact your girlfriend to tell her you’ll be home early from work?

What's this about, is it cloud gaming service?
If it is, hopefully it'll be better than existing ones since it's google with all their money. Kind of excited to try it out even though I'm not a 'gamer'.

I don’t have a job or a girlfriend. Or friends. Now what?

Well now I just feel sorry for you.

I still have a dumb phone. Calling and sending SMS is no problem.

How you gonna play Stadia on a dumb phone grandpa?

Nice trips

I repeat myself.
>Google
No!

No job
No girlfriend
No phone
No problem - 444
Nigga I feel sorry for you? Wageslaving, probably being cucked while you're at work, wasting what little money you earn on your whore, paycheck probably spent before you even receive it.

Biased or not, that is not good input latency and their numbers for PC are completely wrong. Unless you’re plugged in to a shitty TV I don’t know how you can get such a score.

Oled TV plus vsync.

Why are people so hyped up on stadia? You are streaming games. You literally don't own the game on your computer and you are probably streaming games from a Windows server.

iOS is made with free BSD.

Same with Netflix but that works. I’m looking forward to playing games on my desktop and finally getting rid of my Windows 10 partition.

>PC 60fps
>100ms
Hahahahahahahahahaha
No

>believing this meme

>No.
Hahahaha hahahaha.
Yes.

>he thinks even the worst monitors will add 100ms of delay
Have you never played games before in your life?
Also as shitty as consoles can be they don't have that much delay. You can literally see on their presentation they guy press a button and it takes almost a full second for the character to move.

Lol no you haven't. You haven't been hearing good things about it because there aren't any. You've been hearing shills talking about how it's going to revolutionize everything, despite the fact it won't work and even if it did who cares. Latency issues mean this tech is impossible for any game requiring split-secomd reactions and inputs, which is most of them. Stadia will flop harder than Google+.

>hearing a lot of good things about Google Stadia
Not hearing much then?

Yeah sure so I’d consider that shitty for gaming (obviously except for games where latency isn’t important). My concerns with stadia are:
>worse latency (technically solvable)
>no modding (this includes derivatives like speedrunning or TAS)
>even less ownership than we have now
I just hope that the USA infrastructure will stay shitty until I die so that Stadia will temporarily remain a California/Texas/New York pet project.

Hey cool, I can destroy your arguement with a single word!
Ready?
> Buffering

Also remember. The terrible delay numbers we have are based on people with Google Fiber with direct access to the Stadia servers.
Anybody else is going to have a much worse experience.

>latency
>technically solvable
Not unless you find a way faster than light to transmit data

Oh you’re too poor for proper internet? That’s sad.

Well I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt there, thinking it’s probably possible to stream at 1080p with about 10ms ping if you have enough bandwidth and a steady connection

>terrible delay numbera
Literally identical to the Xbox playing on a TV.

Is this Loss?

It would take 7.5ms for light to circumnavigate the world.

>call your friend niBBa
>get account deleted for hate speech
Stadia®

Attached: 1549378894395.png (552x670, 512K)

>year of the linux desktop
No thanks.
The Linux community is a perfect size right now for everything to function just right.
Stuff that makes Linux great like package repositories would collapse if 1 billion pajeets started using Linux.
Do you really want every mailing list to become suffocated under millions of "PLEASE SIR KINDLY DO THE NEEDFUL AND ADD MY ANDROID UTILITY TO PACKAGE REPOSITORY PLEASE" emails?

>live in Ameristan in the middle of nowhere
>100GB bandwidth cap
>10 hours of gameplay per month
based and redpilled google

People excited for this are either shills, or don't understand tech. Here's a few basic things people seem to have forgotten.
More bandwidth doesn't mean faster internet. Everything is already being sent at light-speed, but it has to get to your exchange, then to the servers etc etc. You can't improve latency enough, it's impossible.
Packet loss.
This is Google. Even if the platform was pure it wouldn't work, but with the ads and spying and who knows what else? Nightmare.
Pros and cons. The only pro is better graphics, cons are reliability, always online, not owning games etc etc
Diminishing returns. Graphics in the games industry have been suffering diminishing returns for years, they matter less and less. 4k res and 100fps will be the console norm in the next couple of generations, rendering the entire point of this tech obsolete.

The ONLY way this could generate a spark of interest would be if it's a subscription service like Spotify but for games. Even then though, with everything highlighted above, it'll fail.

Imagine not being able to use your trainers in vodeo games.

>bandwidth cap
You are joking right? Since this stadia shit became popular I’ve read a few posts from Americans saying they have shit internet speeds (which surprised me as I assumed they would have amazing infrastructure), but fucking bandwidth caps? Is this 1998?

Real world off site tests have shown it’s just like playing a console with PC tier graphics. It’s literally the best of both worlds.

Are you retarded? Let me try to explain for you. Netflix works because of buffering - any drops in connection, lost packets, any other kind of interruption or blip with the connection, none of it matters because the video can be buffered to mask those problems.
Games are played in real-time, and most often require split-second reactions and timing. You can't buffer that shit. Even with a solid fast connection there are always blips, packet loss and such. The experience of playing will be inconsistent, low quality, sub-par. Nobody wants that. It won't work.

>muh tests
Stop it shill you're embarrassing yourself. Try actually countering arguments instead of talking about tests.

I forgot about how we all have a direct fiber connection in a straight line to Google stadia. My bad

It doesn't take a full second for a character to move on Xbox when I press a button. No matter how shitty my TV is.

>opinions of people who haven’t played it against the opinions of those who have
Hmmmmmm

Attached: CFE9DC6F-5CBA-4584-92F9-F7841123D671.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Those "tests" were made with Google's own equipment since the service is not even out yet meaning that Google had complete control over the entire test.

>checked

I wish I had your life. How do you survive?

They were paid by Google to test a Google service with Google's equipment and under Google's watchful eye.
Meanwhile we have a video of Google themselves testing the service and the character takes a full second to move once the button is pressed, same thing to stop.
This isn't even about being skeptical it's about not being a complete moron.
There is no magical formula to reduce latency, Google is just recycling an almost decade old idea which didn't work then and won't work now.

I will say this. I'm gonna love the threads once this shit launches

>developer is revealed to have "problematic" views
>their cloud-exclusive games are deplatformed and no one in the world can ever play them again
Stadia®

Attached: 1539791607139.png (654x702, 415K)

And it doesn’t take a second on Stadia either. Input lag on both sustems was matched at 166ms

>google control everything

Attached: 676BB543-5465-43CD-B053-61E81BA8C454.jpg (300x300, 21K)

people just play fortnite nowadays I don't see any console making a difference until they do something stupid and kill their game.

Joe Bernstein of buzzfeed says it's good, it must be great!

Can someone explain to me this pic. How is it possible that there's a 100ms delay on pc when all i can think of is 5ms mouse + 5ms monitor reaction time?

And rendering time, and vsync load, etc.

stadia has to have those too, and it's doing all that on a server 20 to 200 miles away.
you can't beat the speed of light user.

Weren’t you around during the XB1 hardware announcement and launch? Leadbetter was tripping over himself to speculate that XB1’s massive performance delta versus the PS4 was overstated, and he kept pushing that message for about a year after launch (about 8 months after everyone with a brain had already realized there was no secret sauce at all and the difference really was 40%)

>200 miles
>can’t beat the speed of light
It would take light 0.0011 seconds to travel that far. Hardly game breaking is it?

Why when i play online the the lag is 100ms it feels unplayable then? Do you have to sum it to that and you get 200ms in total? I'm pretty skeptical about that 100ms because it woudl be pretty noticable a 0.1 seconds delay from pressing the buttons to the game update its world.

I think you’re confusing online latency with input latency

What i mean is that you can notice a 0.1 seconds delay pretty easily.

>Finally get to the boss battle after two hours.
>Have to sit through five minutes of ads to begin
>Die, have to respawn
>Sit through two minutes of adverstisements to fight again
>Beat boss
>Sit through five more minutes of adverstisements to begin next level

No, thanks.

Attached: kjf78434j.jpg (412x776, 60K)

200 miles away as the crow flies.
20000 miles of copper wire and interconnects.
Ping any google service, it's at least 20ms to them, usually more. Then add in roundtrip delay in action/response.
Then add in processing time and server delay.

>good things
no you haven't

And you still end up with a console-tier experience according to several third party journalists. So are Google staffed by wizards or are you wrong?

No, they were just playing on a server that was only 20 feet away.

Multiple third partys have tested it off site hundreds of miles away. So are they staffed by wizards or are you wrong?

Source.

Easy, just offer a dedicated stadia server to put in your house for better latencies

Attached: 1541798678260.jpg (755x953, 245K)

no, this is life under a fascist government.

Surely you have a representative democracy. You have senators and shit and you change presidents fairly frequently.

haha.

Why is it tux instead of the gnu though

You're right, they should just sell Stadia boxes.

Attached: 1547335105774.png (554x841, 596K)

>Been hearing a lot of good things about Google Stadia.
How? Why? From who? What the fuck?

Attached: file.png (350x197, 126K)

Okay, now run those tests in the Midwest of the US. Or better yet yuropoor land.

How clueless do you have to be to not know that those 3rd party 'journalists' are nothing but shills? Have you been living on the north pole for the past 10 years? It's access journalism which is a nice word for shill