Who makes the best case fans?

Who makes the best case fans?

Attached: 1551233718564.png (2048x1356, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blacknoise.com/site/en/products/noiseblocker-it-fans/nb-eloop-series/120x120x25mm.php?lang=EN
anandtech.com/show/14120/thermalright-silver-arrow-ibe-extreme-rev-b-two-140mm-fans-8-heat-pipes-320-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Noctua and pic related

I got silent wings. No complaints. Actually very quiet.

Noctua, Scythe, BeQuiet. If you wanna offset by buying industrial models, make sure they have ball bearings. Best bang for buck is still artic.

>fucking 2.61MB image for a fan

Anyway, the silent wings are fine, but not quite silent enough if you want a true silent experience.

Me

The one and only

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

good look finding them
scythe never made the gentle typhoons though
and those sterrox noctuas look to be on par

are you sure

Attached: 1552425133909.png (1980x1200, 1.65M)

what is that?

Is it just me or did Noctua copy their design? Pic on the right is a Noctua a12x25

Attached: 1533497706384.jpg (926x469, 247K)

blacknoise.com/site/en/products/noiseblocker-it-fans/nb-eloop-series/120x120x25mm.php?lang=EN
it was so hard to google NB case fan, right?

friend of mine got like 4x 140mm in his case. you'll never hear them, even if hold you ear right next to it. static pressure is very low but as case fans they'll get the shit done.

Giving a fuck about case fan branding is only slightly less stupid than side-windows and case lighting.
How low-yield does your time need to be before you start obsessing with this shit.
Clean your God damn room.

Attached: stupid.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Anyone compared the new corsair ML fans to Noctuas or Silentwings? I've only used noctuas and corsair's old SP L fans which are garbage compared to the former.

RGB is the shit

Corsair ml fans compared to the slient wings 3 and noctua nf-a14 performs worse at the same noise level. Even with their new fan bearings they are still worse in noise/performance though radiator.

I like having a quiet, cool computer. It's easier for me to sit and concentrate when I'm not listening to a wind tunnel.
One day you'll learn that the world is a big place and people have all sorts of goals. Until then, stay chill lil' zoomer.

>how to make my computer look as homosexual as possible

best for performance
best overall
>pic related
best for low noise

Attached: silverstone ap123.jpg (560x560, 40K)

It's the same design yeah, but then again the Gentletyphoon are rare as hell, so Noctua is justified.

I got two bequiet pure wings 2 and they're definitely decent, but focused too much on not making noise. So be sure you have good airflow already. But I don't notice the fucking PC is even turned on.

>best overall
>>pic related
>best for low noise
It's a fucking Aerocool Motion but more expensive

The NF-A12x25 are actually better because they don't whine at low RPMs. I say that as someone who loves Nidec.

A12x25 is a spiritual successor to the gentle typhoon.

I'd argue noise reduction is the only thing that matters once you're able to assemble a decent computer. Always needing the highest framerate possible seems really fussy in comparison.

>not wanting to cook your components, reducing their lifespan and performance
wow, how silly! I can't imagine why people would care about that!

>(((NB)))

They are great fans, but they have the massive issue that due to their design they create quite noisy turbulence if they are installed "sucking" air, ie. behind a cooler, radiator, dust filter or even a perforated panel.

>side panels with fan mounts disappeared from the market and now we only have these glass side panel abominations which come with a glass front panel that blocks all the air intake

This is the worst timeline. Years later and the Corsair 500R still one of the cases with the best fan mount positions ever.

Attached: original.png (600x721, 532K)

Noctua by far. I fell for the Noctua meme a decade ago and this thing still spinning flawlessly without making a single a noise, at 800 rpm it's whisper quiet.

These are old but gold, nice and thicc

Attached: 1538834016813.jpg (1527x550, 254K)

Noise?
Noctua.
Performance?
Delta.
Price/performance?
Arctic.

EBM|Papst
Sunon
Dynatron
Delta

anything special you use for fan curves for pwm case fans?

KYS peterson shill

>giving a fuck about exterior noise is stupid

Audiophile level stupidity.
They're case fans. It's a spinning bit of plastic.
You paying for slightly nicer looking plastic and the fact that they fan is marketed as 'ultra gamer pro silent 4000 pro edition' instead of 'bulk buy cheap fan - ChangChong Co'

Attached: fuckingidiots.png (225x225, 8K)

Idiot.

Are you mad because you also pay extra for ram that has shiny colorful plastic stuck on it?
You probably pay a fortune for 'super gamer ultra heat absorb pro' thermal grease.
Muppet

is it worth to get case fans if I have NZXT H500 and r5 2600 + gtx 1660 both running at stock?

I use two of these fans on a Thermalright Silver Arrow. They're whisper quiet on low power mode. I'd recommend them.

>EBM|Papst
>Sunon
>Dynatron
>Delta
Scholar & gentleman.

Attached: EBM-Papst-with-logo1.jpg (890x296, 45K)

1) look at temps
2) if you want to make the number go down buy a fan

Its not stupid, fan A can run at 30 DBa and move 50 CFM of air, while fan B runs at 30 DBa and only move 42 CFM of air.
It makes a difference, the noise pitch, fan bearing, material, life expectancy, static pressure.

There's a difference between buying a fan with proper bearings and lubrication and buying RGB computer parts.

>Delta

He said case fans, not jet engine.

Im paying to not have a jet engine as a case fan and real bearings instead sleeve bearings.
Also for PWM instead DC fans.

A 1660Ti?
Just get a cheap 5 pack from arctic and run then at the lowest speed.

had these on my 120mm radiator, tried other fans but the NB where always a bit quieter and had more air flow, now i have 2 140mm on my 280 radiator and im happy

Gelid is ok

I use NB and Be Quiet. I had many different fan models die/ get loud after about 3 years before but the NB fans seem to be run forever. Some are nearly 10 years old now and still fine. They run about 12h a day nearly every day of the year (workstation computers). The Be Quiet fans go a little louder after 5 years but that's it.

Hey, what's the quietest rad 120mm fan with good static pressure?
Gentle tyfoons have shit pressure and so do EK vadars.

Shenzen Technology Co., LTD

sff pcs have the brushed metal and fan holes youre looking for. who needs full size now anyway.

Attached: M1-5_960x.png (960x960, 356K)

A12x25 are the best. Havent found any thats beaten it.

How many fans you have in your case?

>$30 120mm fan
I'd spend $300 in fans alone for my workstation.

Guangzhou is better

>Gentle tyfoons have shit pressure and so do EK vadars.
You know how I know you're full of shit?

>Who makes the best case fans?
China

Delta

Don't worry user, companies make $10 cheap fans for guys like you.

based

Apparently NF-P12 redux are pretty good.

$14 and tested better on rads than NF-F12 surprisingly

My ears a ringing from looking at this picture

Which fans have the best pressure/air moved per lowest noise ratio?

Noctua
NoiseBlockers might perform better, but for ultimate silence Noctua are superior as their motors are a lot quieter. I had no problems hearing the motor/bearings of my E-Loops at 330 rpm.
Probably the most impressive fan I've tried so far, and it's very quiet versus its speed. It's almost acceptable at 1000rpm, and I can't say that for any other fan.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (636x793, 50K)

I can confirm Phanteks fans are great but I haven't used enough other brands to say they're the best

have one of these. With no obstructions they are great, but if there is anything but thin air within ~20cm of their intake side they will cause an incredibly loud humming noise.
Basically unusable as case fans unless you have a very big case with lots of empty space infront of the exhaust ports. Impossible to use as intake fans or pull-fans on a radiator

are you dumb? gentle typhoons is THE radiator fan

Really showing how new you are. If you've never experienced a fan that was just annoyingly loud or started making unhealthy noises sooner than you expected then you must be very lucky.

I'm a audiophile with >$30K in audio gear and I run Noctua, Gentle Typhoon and Noise Blocker in my rigs.
Fight me faggot

Attached: dolf-lundgren-dolph-lundgren-7383.jpg (1332x850, 298K)

that centrifugal fan appeals to my inner gold dredger

I like Phanteks fans and have been using them for a few years with no problem. Recently bought some Artic fans for my little sister's PC since Phanteks fans are rare as fuck here. Work great so far.

>paying over 5 dollars for a fan
>paying up to 20 dollars for a fan
thats more than some fucking pedestal fans

It's not really that much of an issue.

>best price:performance
see pic

>best 120mm
noctua NF a12x25

>best 140mm
be quiet! silent wings 3

Attached: 51TvKwUz-CL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 20K)

arctic, bitfenix, and rosewill seem like best value

Delta fans are for when you absolutely have to air cool every mother fucker in a room. You'll go deaf when they run at full speed but bah gawd they work. I once bolted two 4500rpm delta fana (one push and one as a 3rd pull) to air cool a 9590. At 100% speed and running prime 95 the chip stayed below 50c.

Are the silent wings 3 worth nearly twice as much as the silent wings 2? They/re $29AU vs $15/16AU at my local store

>Almost no manufacturers offer discounts for buying multiple fans, making it eye-wateringly expensive to deck your case out
REEEEEEE

Attached: 1470438009410.gif (205x194, 438K)

>bequiet doesn't make 230mm fans
piss

>meme niche fans almost nobody will buy

is this bait

>Are the silent wings 3 worth nearly twice as much as the silent wings 2?
I know nothing about the difference between them but 2s are fine fans. Nothing wrong with them. Been using them for years. Can't imagine they reinvented the wheel. 2s are expensive enough as they are.

>tfw I just use a patchwork of corsair, noctua, fractal, and be quiet fans I scavengef over the years
Wish I conceivably sell my fans for some 140mm fans.
Speaking of, what's the most cost-effective 140mm fans?

I'm quite liking the Enermax D.F Pressure, would try the D.F Storm if they weren't retardely priced
Can vouch for being really damn good for the noise level / signature
Used to have a bunch of Coolink SWiF2-120P wwhich were only good because I got them for like 7 bucks per.

Yeah I'll do some research into the differences but I'll probably grab some 2's. They seem like a good deal at that price.

surprisingly? F is for airflow and P is for static pressure

F is for Focused Flow actually. The NF-S12A is their airflow model, the S apparently stands for Straight Blade. NF-P12 the P stands for Pressurized model.

Looking at their graph everyone will naturally assume the NF-F12 is the ideal for pressure applications, in fact the NF-F12 apparently produces no airflow whatsoever it's purely pressure, whereas the NF-P12 pushes and moves lots of air, making it quite versatile.

Attached: airflow_pressure_optimisation_am_Zeichenfl_che_1.png (601x648, 42K)

The difference is that audiofoolery can be proven wrong through science while fan differences can be proven to exist through science as well. You being an ignorant fuckwit doesn't change it.

noctua and be quiet

I bet your case hums like a bee :)

>anandtech.com/show/14120/thermalright-silver-arrow-ibe-extreme-rev-b-two-140mm-fans-8-heat-pipes-320-w
heh, a new cooler. how will this one perform? would throw in 2 NF A12x25 in it

Attached: thermalright-silver-arrow-ib-D.png (1305x342, 306K)

Its not new, its over 4 years old and performs much worse than the Nh-d15

Attached: 1528296907619.png (600x600, 454K)

>arctic
came to this thread to post this

this
>highest framerate
I messed with the fan profile on my reference Vega 56 until I could barely hear it over the rest of the computer under load.
Turns out I only lost about 10% of performance, which is pretty much unnoticeable, especially with a Freesync monitor. That's without undervolting.
Chasing FPS numbers is the dumbest meme.

>I only lost about 10% of performance
>only

Attached: 1552864689234.png (645x773, 49K)

anyone got the nzxt s340 elite case?

i'm just wondering because my pc is always pretty noisy and i can't determine what's causing it, my cooling setup is

>2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM for front intake
>1x stock case fan for exaust
>beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 on the cpu

both my gpu and psu are semi-passive

Attached: 1528914993682.jpg (633x766, 99K)