It's Linux, not GNU/Linux! You don't call Apple's OS BSD/macOS so why would you add GNU/ to Linux?

It's Linux, not GNU/Linux! You don't call Apple's OS BSD/macOS so why would you add GNU/ to Linux?

Attached: rtr33jjz-e1537208135248.jpg (2000x1331, 172K)

Because the userland is completely fucked up by GNU?

Because macOS doesn't use a bsd kernel.

I'd just like to interject for a moment.
What you're referring to as macOS is, in fact, Apple/XNU.

Check again

A kernel can't be an OS by itself. The GNU core libs, shell utilities and other components are vital for a functioning system

do you call them reproductive organs or dick and balls?

>you dont call Apples OS BSD/macOS
So then why should i call it linux instead of GNU? You just said youre not supposed to call the OS by the name of its kernel

MacOS, or, as I've recently taken to call it, MacOS/Darwin.

Because linux is just a kernel.

you will find that most people don't add GNU.

Attached: IMG_20190317_154849.jpg (720x511, 55K)

Words can have multiple meanings, Linux can be used to refer to both the kernel and the operating system based on said kernel.

Alpine Linux

Its not GNU/Linux it's Richard's or Richard Stallman's please donate to me and not linus Operating system for short.
>hurd
>instead of making an operating system
>lets get people to put our organization initials
>on other people's operating system
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT WORKING?
>HOW DARE YOU PUT NON RICHARD LICENSES ON RICHARD'S OS
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE CLOSED SOURCE WIFI DRIVERS DOING ON RICHARD'S OPERATING SYSTEM!
>ITS SUPPOSED TO BE UNUSABLE

calling Linux an OS is like calling your balls a reproductive system. You're dickless

GNUshit is holding linux back. You want to see non-gnu linux? Android. The most used OS in the world. Stay mad GNUtards

Why did you reply to me? Alpine Linux has no GNU userland.

Idiot.

You replied to everyone and won Jow Forums.
Your reward: go outside, you useless mouthbreathing faggot

android is garbage though

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

how's hurd coming along

macos is more mach kernel than bsd, if anything it should be called mach/macos

Literally this. Anyone giving a single shit about Stallman is a fucking retard.

mah nigga

Attached: 1dcb8646bee71af753a2f9af7a044c79b1c64c9ef1481ad37c7e04be11458d69.jpg (352x329, 25K)