Have to do presentation

>have to do presentation
>submitted powerpoint edited in libreoffice because the professor only accepts pptx
>time to give presentation
>open it on uni pc in powerpoint
>text is all fucked up
>everyone laughs at me
So this... is the power of FOSS

Attached: 1526617416714.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

No this is the power of technology in education.

My school still uses Windows Vista right now.

We were told we aren't allowed to use ODT or any other Open/LibreOffice format because they want to show our work to their friends in the industry and any format other than Microsoft ones will leave a bad impression on them.
Academics are such fucking faggots.

should've used powerpoint online if your professor is so retarded.

It's amazing how deeply corporations like MS are in bed with academia, so that educational institutions have completely brainwashed society into thinking work = MS Office, and art = Adobe

Our entire uni runs off of windows based systems, student and staff emails are outlook and MS shills additional products/services very hard to everyone.

lmao it's a common issue with all libreoffice programs, which is why I'm stuck with fucking google docs/slides for anything that requires ms-office formats.

I know it's botnet but I use Google Slides (or whatever it's called) because they open pretty well in MS Office and it's easy to whip out the original on a google account if this situation ever happens.

>doing group project over the courses of a few months
>have like three hundred pages worth of docs to write
>since the end product is going to be on a raspi, code it on a linux machine
>project leader uses a macbook
>"Can we use LibreOffice for the documentation? It'll be easier for me to add things and make sure the page formatting doesn't break"
>"No, I'd rather use Word because it looks better."
>have to stay up an entire night to fix broken formatting after importing all my work made in libreoffice to word
and so I learned to stop using Linux as a desktop.
It's only good for hobbyists and academics who don't actually have to get important shit done.

one of the lab rooms at my college had mac minis running windows 7.

Last time I had to do presentation on school PC I literally converted everything to array of PNGs and did a slideshow.

So a PDF

Unironically use Google docs for job projects. It has sync and simultaneous editing. Very useful if you have to work with 2+ non-freetards in a team

learn LaTeX+beamer you nugget

Just hand in a PDF.
Okay, Mr. Pichai.

Attached: 1550875847873.jpg (830x821, 76K)

>xbox party
>bring ps4 controller
>"wtf ps4 is so shit is hobbyist meme"
hello zoomer

Google docs is so good when you need to type reports with several people
I wish there was a non-botnet alternative

>mandatory 2 person project on Uni
>shiet
>do with a "friend"
>nigga uses M$ office
>powerpoint and word fuck it all up everytime, even change the background of the presentation to a completelly different theme
>FUUUUUUUUUUCK
>spent 1 day making a VM and trying to find a Office 13 torrent that isnt shit
funny thing is i used that Vm another 3 times after that because for some reason there are still people in this word that havent pirated the Office suit and dont know how to either and i had to be in charge on making the fucking slides. Also, fuck Uni, all the fucking computers have pirated fucking office 13 that always crap out when reading M$17 documents. Place a fucking standard to use libre and stop with all the bullshit. god have mercy on these niggers

>professor only accepts pptx
I'm going to call bullshit right there. Most professors don't give a shit about file type.
Professors won't know the difference if you hand it in the open slideshow filetype and it will work fine in microshit powerdoink

Idk user where I go they'll take points off if you don't submit documents as a PDF or zipped file when turning in projects

Just .pdf here though, even presentations because they're not retarded and there is a somewhat of a presence of Linux users, professors that use it and classes related to.
Hell, there is even a LAMP stack cert for some reason.
>show our work to their friends in the industry
As if they were going to network you with them.
Have never seen such thing unless there are some people willing to eat ass.
Not only academia but also certain "software" that only uses MS in order to grade you.
I'm going to get a B in one of my CIS classes because I'm not using MS Excel, fuck them.
Then again but not a zoomer.

Name of the "software" is SIMnet by the way.
I learnt my lesson that I should never go balls deep in Linux if I'm not going for CS.

Attached: __astolfo_and_fujimaru_ritsuka_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_araki_jeccy__d2f2f31233d695c205605e (4095x2892, 936K)

>He doesn't just submit the presentation as PDF so that it has all the data
>Then using the odp with the f a n c y animations for dramatic effect during the actual presentation

Attached: 1553279609935.gif (768x768, 2.83M)

>We were told we aren't allowed to use ODT or any other Open/LibreOffice format because they want to show our work to their friends in the industry and any format other than Microsoft ones will leave a bad impression on them.
Make a complaint. Not even kidding, this is terrible.

Export to pdf regardless of the teacher's requirements

This is how the real world works
You can't change it, don't bother.

pirate ms office 2010 or 2016
save yourself the embarrassment

>do project in gnu octave
>having trouble with assignment, go to professor for help
>berates me for not using matlab

just use Google Docs/Sheets or a PDF

My uni used libre office and Linux. What uni uses windows? Do you even study CS?

>freetard shit is shit for actual work
BREAKING NEWS. In all seriousness though Libreoffice is great for little edits. When it comes to work or assignments that matter, MS Office is all that matters. As a student, you should get Office 365 for free or heavily discounted.

t. Guy who got MS Office 365 for free due to student email.

>His uni doesn't provide free office 365

Attached: 1527266456268.png (444x440, 167K)

Use Google Docs you, brainlet

Nigger why the fuck didn't you submit a PDF and use presentation mode?

>using word instead of tex
>using powerpoint instead of beamer
>using excel instead of R or Python

LibreOffice is shit. It's even shittier than MS Office. Don't use office suites.

entennu?
it is like that here
thankfully it is possible to fetch emails directly from the outlook servers.
the shilling never stops though

you must be an arts fag, at my Uni they encourage Latex for everything. OUT OUT OUT office shill

Of you're in school just get legit Microsoft Office. Any decent school will have a software catalog where you can get the suite for like $5.