Windows Vista

Windows Vista

Attached: Windows Vista.png (1600x1024, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/
trisquel.info/
manjaro.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=c1ehJHWpfSs
variableghz.com/2012/01/why-windows-vista-sp1-is-better-than-windows-7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vista>7

Windows 10 > you and everything you like.

I barely used Vista went from XP to 7. I mean I'll admit OP pic was actually pretty impressive at the time, that kind of 3d task switching.

Aero in Vista was prettier :3

I have a retail copy of Ultimate but my old Core 2 laptop died, thanks to a faulty soldered GPU. Thanks AMD.

Vista was a good girl but it never got support after being critically panned so even though it was a fine OS its middling support from device and software manufacturers gave it an undeserved bad rap.

Attached: 1523871151880.jpg (372x630, 48K)

I unironically loved Vista. Too bad it isn't compatible with shit now and the EOS has ended

After SP1 it was pretty great. I remember I changed to Ubuntu back when I got a laptop with 1GB RAM and had Vista pre-installed and because Ubuntu ran so much faster I changed

>muh pretty rolodex gimmick
Flip3D a shit. I'm glad they ripped it out in Windows 8 and replaced it with a sensible task switcher in 10.

I miss it anons.

nobody uses linux, nigger... only manlets that don't have a job

I use Windows Server 2019 on my desktop and Windows 10 LTSC at work. I do however still use Arch Linux on my ThinkPad T440p. The device I love most is my ThinkPad. Winfags just do not know what they are missing

>Projecting this hard

Both do the same thing, retard.

I remember downloading service pack 3 for 4 days on my shitty internet just to play GTA IV

>win+tab
>program you want focused is buried under stack of other windows
>unnecessary, slow-as-shit animation scrolling through windows to get to the one you need
vs.
>win+tab
>program is right there to be clicked on OR closed in a tidy grid
>PLUS multi-desktop manager/interface
who's the retard here?

my gaming pc has win 7
my shitposting/internet pc has vista

I am not even mad. not even sweating it. There is a big meme about Vista. Vista with SP is actually windows 7. same speed an shieet

stuck on Chrome 49 tho; but updating chrome is not worth the hassle of new OS

you have to control your autism.

Attached: mygod.jpg (184x273, 9K)

you can use alt+tab

Attached: hgfh.png (880x169, 199K)

Shamona

DOS>any beyond it

win7 has this too, just win+tab
it looked better in vista somehow though

win7 is an aesthetic downgrade from vista, but was much improved in other ways. performance-wise, they were close to the same.
Either way, one is EOL, the other is fast approaching EOL, and your only options left are GNU/Linux, MacOS, or literal spyware.

prettier how?
how does vista aero differ to 7 aero?

Well, a lot of things: Dreamscene, black taskbar, smaller window icons, the blue under the windows, the flair animation in the explorer windows, aurora colors in explorer windows. Just to name a few.

cool blog, where can I learn more about obsolete operating systems?

Although Win10's Win+Tab is much more useful, Vista looked badass as fuck back then.

>Dreamscene
?
>smaller window icons
you mean the small taskbar icons?
you can enable that in win7
>blue under the windows
debatable, I personally never liked it, but I can see how it adds to the SOUL factor
>flair animation
?
>aurora colors in explorer windows
?

Gaming is the only reason to install Windows.
Why don't you install a GNU/Linux distribution on your web PC?
Here's a few user friendly distros:
devuan.org/
trisquel.info/
manjaro.org/

This is going to to retarded, but you should honestly choose the most hands on Linux distro like Arch or Gentoo if you already have Windows and are ok with it. At least then normies can gain some skills in command line/terminal usage, otherwise you are just using another Windows.

>it gets better after a couple of hundred patches bro

>Dreamscene
Live videos that could be used as your desktop wallpaper. Officially released for Vista Ultimate only, but could be hacked into other Vista editions as well as Windows 7.
>flair animation
??? Probably the start button orb, except Vista didn't have that. 7 did.
>aurora colors in explorer windows
I'm guessing the greenish swishy colors in the sidebar/menubar? That's pretty subjective. I personally thought the toned down, blueish colors looked better in 7.

Disregard my comment about the flair animation. was talking about open File explorer windows, hence I have no fucking clue what he means by that.

7 was better
youtube.com/watch?v=c1ehJHWpfSs

Vista SP2 was as fast as 7 with more features.
>variableghz.com/2012/01/why-windows-vista-sp1-is-better-than-windows-7/

Does Vista run the latest .NET or support dx 11?

I used Vista for 9 years. It was Ok. Nothing special, nothing terrible. Eventually I had to change because new software was using functions which Microsoft deemed were eligible for forced obsolescence procedures. But otherwise ran cleanly without problems. Well by Microsoft standards, anyway.

Attached: 9561CF89-9647-4A3B-B44F-248EB7034200.jpg (800x640, 76K)

Don't even joke like that, fucker.

Attached: 74518394.jpg (800x512, 217K)

unironically off yourself

unironically did this yesterday and now I'm dual booting

KDE is based for stealing this

Vista=7

XP was better.

elaborate

kde gay

fucking normies

Vista interface + Windows 7 internals would be the best wangblows ever.

Is it possible to get aero back on W10?
I like slight transparency and shit, and hate that modern square blocky shit they're doing everywhere

hold on, userfriendly is loaded. in my own experience, devuan didn't even install the bootloader right because it didn't detect uefi. trisquel seems nice, but if you want to try using ANY proprietary anything you will be very upset. using freefag distros is exactly how i learned my wifi chip is proprietary, and of course trisquel offers no way to get blobbed linux kernels so i was fucked then. while manjaro, i dont know very much about it but i dont understand why it uses separate repos from arch linux when its just a fucking reskin which bothers me enough to disregard it entirely, i simply cannot trust that