youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value. May have to lower settings in some cases.
>590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; better choice if you want the included games
>1660 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; much more power efficient
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>590 - lower, console-equivalent settings
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: liquid.jpg (678x381, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/sVXKtg
youtu.be/VuH-sSgSEdc?t=41
youtu.be/yOsN5wy0Cq0?t=78
thehackernews.com/2018/03/amd-processor-vulnerabilities.html
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813157840
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for silky smooth frametimes on Ryzen and Vega

Attached: FrafsBenchViewer_2019-03-22_12-17-00.png (2534x993, 199K)

>zero intel cpus
>1660 and 1660ti not mentioned in 1440p
>but 590 is mentioned in 1440p
>zero ZERO mention of 2060 which has as good price to perfromance as 1660 and 1660ti
>not mentioned in 1080p or 1440p
>vega flat out reccomended but not mentioned that it should be on sale and sufficently below 2060 in pricing to make it worth it
>RADEON 7 for 1440p

CHIRST the amd shill is back.

Things that should be illegal:

* Motherboard PCB colors other than green.
* Superfluous LEDs.
* Juvenile marketing terms printed on hardware ("xtreme", "killer", "godlike").
* Non-ECC RAM.
* Using the word "unlimited" to describe anything that's not LITERALLY unlimited.
* Non-free BIOS

Things that should be enforced:
* Plain, brown cardboard packaging with a label that clearly lists technical specifications. High-gloss colored packaging is visual noise that rots your brains. NO MARKETING JARGON ALLOWED. I permit one imaginative product name, composed of at most two words. Everything else must be precise technical language only.

Attached: 1518464518216.jpg (957x621, 90K)

can i use the same computer for cad work, flow and load simulation and some games?
stuff like driving sims

>timespan: 48.3s
lol

>PCB colors other than green
Oh no it's retarded.
Black is the only true colour for consumer boards. Server boards should remain green.
>Every retard that uses his PC to browse Facebook and watch movies needs ECC lets just artificially inflate ECC prices hurr durr
>MUH GNU/GAT BIOS
Just fuck off retard.

>consumer
The term “consumer,” when used to refer to the users of computing, is loaded with assumptions we should reject. Some come from the idea that using the program “consumes” the program (see the previous entry), which leads people to impose on copiable digital works the economic conclusions that were drawn about uncopiable material products.

In addition, describing the users of software as “consumers” refers to a framing in which people are limited to selecting between whatever “products” are available in the “market.” There is no room in this framing for the idea that users can directly exercise control over what a program does.

To describe people who are not limited to passive use of works, we suggest terms such as “individuals” and “citizens,” rather than “consumers.”

That's a shite copy pasta. Not enough bullshit rambling. 3/10.

>why define C over define mesh?
never heard of the mesh, checking it out now
>the motherboard is shit to meh, there is better options
I wont be overclocking and this one has all the features i need
>whats the memory CAS latency
The ram is subject to change
>any reason why specifically 1660ti?
1080p 60hz

Attached: IMG_20161231_121350.jpg (2432x3286, 1.84M)

For better advice, just check the previous thread's OP. Example builds are here pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>Not enough bullshit rambling
That's the point, because it's the truth.

>zero intel cpus
it's only a list of secure CPUs, friend.
If you want to buy an insecure Intel CPU, it's at your own risk but I'm not recommending that and taking the blame for hackers stealing your credit cards.
>zero mention of 2060
yes there is. It's the highest 1080p recommended.

you're retarded

>please purchase my shitty builds so I get kickbacks from referral links

I think there is a simpler way to do that without going into reverse autism.
Make things practical, and focused on performance.
Second comes prices.
Third comes looks.

thats literally what PCs do? It's not a console user.

That's how long the benchmark is lol!1
Same time as the other user's.

if you have never head of mesh then obviously you have done almost no case research.
Check some different cases form different brands around the size you need.
See what they offer, figure out what features are important/pointless to you. Make a good choice that fits you. Obviously the cost is time.

>I wont be overclocking and this one has all the features i need
fair enough, but as a frend I am going to tell you to check MSI mortar
see if it has any features you find important or if it costs more, the heatsinks on the VRM are better.

>The ram is subject to change
What the fuck am I supposed to do with that then? lol

>1080p 60hz
Fren, FREN! PLESE DON'T DO THIS!!! I BEG YOU!
Don't fucking go 60hz, even if you can't sustain perfect 120/144hz a higher refresh rate monitor is absolutely superior.
PLEASE make 1080p and 120/144hz your baseline, anything above that is up to you.

>it's only a list of secure CPUs, friend.
Ah, so you are literally the resident AMD shill? Why did you remove your namefag? Was it hard to do your job with it?
>yes there is. It's the highest 1080p recommended.
Hidden behind fucking vega and 1660 so it's hard to see from first glance
top keke

>performance
That's difficult to define. What is performance?
Arguably a system that's unsecure doesn't perform well. It has bad performance, no matter how fast it performs calculations.
To others, reliability is part of the device's performance characteristics.

Nice post, resident Nvidia and Intel shill
>I can't read and that's YOUR fault!
>18 posts, 8 posters

Stop lying, other user's is 5 minutes
You just stayed still looking at the ground for 40 seconds

Forget about the ram i put that in without really looking.
Im also looking at the MSI mobo, thx for the suggestion.
About the 60/120/144hz, maybe i will upgrade in the future but i already have a 60hz monitor.

>other user's is 5 minutes
I'm that user, did you pay attention to the games names?
The 5min is from insurgency.

it.pcpartpicker.com/list/sVXKtg
how is this for babby's first

>but i already have a 60hz monitor.
Ah that's a shame, but pretty much the only reason why one would use it.

>point out a clear shill for a single company
>n-no you just shill for literally every other company that isn't AMD!
wow, hmm yeah, wow. Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

I take that back somewhat. Compare the noise
youtu.be/VuH-sSgSEdc?t=41 (listen to it at 6V)
youtu.be/yOsN5wy0Cq0?t=78
(at 10v the DB is lower than silver stone and 11v the DB is higher than silverstone)
The DB numbers are lower but the pitch and noise is much more pleasant on noctua.
(performance is higher on silverstone though)

>Shilling for 2 companies is fine
>"Shilling" for 1 company is bad, even if they're just objective facts!

Pitch is sadly something ignored in most tests.
A more pleasant pitch can make something sound half as loud as the dB suggests relative to another which sounds noisy because of an unpleasant (and/or case penetrating) pitch.

I had some silverstone fans. They were better than average, better than the low profile Cryorig I also had, but I replaced them with Noctua and Arctic and now it's dead silent.

>it.pcpartpicker.com/list/sVXKtg
>Arctic Silver
>A320 board
>2400 CL16 RAM
Guessing you have it already, but still.
>expensive as fuck for a 1080p@75 monitor
Pretty bad.

oh the monitor i just picked because it was on sale at the local tech shop
and the graphics card too
feel free to roast me, i know nothing

I'd recommend at least a 2400G or 2600G.
4 threads isn't enough for a consistent 60fps minimum, especially with stuff running in the background.

Only reason to get 4 threads like the 2200G is because of ultra mega poorness to the point that you'd rather save a few dollars than have a more stutter free experience.

Skewed shill thread. Do not listen to OP's recommendations for parts here, It's the AMD shill that has a vendetta against intel even though there are way better parts out there for building.

Attached: Intel-Core-i9-9900K-–-Dirt-Rally-Ultra.png (600x371, 14K)

Is there a blog post or something explaining how to compare different m.2 drives?
Thinking about getting one for my build, but not sure how to compare price and performance between the different drives

What mice aren't shit nowadays? I'm trying to help out a friend and used to shill for Logitech, but
>G203 - fucked up scrollwheel
>G403 - fucked up scrollwheel
>G502 - fucked up scrollwheel
>G903 - fucked up LMB/RMB
Any better ideas?

Just about all of them last the same, Just get a mid range drive and you'll be fine. Don't get chink shit.

The Razer Death Adder is a classic, if you can get past the gamer aesthetic.

>>Shilling for 2 companies is fine
>>"Shilling" for 1 company is bad, even if they're just objective facts!
Except cocksucker, what you don't get is that you are the most well known shill here for company called AMD. And people telling you to fuck off is not "shill for the other companies" it's tell you, the shill to fuck off.

I make plenty posts here on wide variety of topics, you never notice them because they don't impede your ability to shill.

Currently have
>Ryzen 1700X 3.8GHz
>2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 B-die ram
>2080Ti connected to a 1440p 165HZ G-sync monitor
Would it be a worthwhile upgrade to go to an Intel chip for gaming? I also encode and edit video so I don't think the 6 core i5's will cut it. It's either the i7-8700k or i9-9900k. Does the 8xxx series work in newer Z390 boards? Should I wait for 7nm Ryzen? For reference I game more often than encode/edit, but I don't want a slug when it comes time to do those things.

Why a Z470 over the B450 Tomahawk for a 2600x + 2060 build?

Wait for 7nm benchmarks. If they suck you can still get a 8700k and overclock it.

if you can afford a 2080 ti u can afford a 9900k cmon bruh

>trustedreviews.com
based reviewer no one has ever heard of it.

I hate that mouse. I don't like Razer mice click feel in general.
Finalmouse Ultralight Pro
Naos 7000 (sensor in mine isn't amazing but it's super comfortable. Good for RTS, RPG, etc, but not FPS)
Steelseries Rival 600
Check rocketjumpninja for more.

Logitech are okay value and all, but yeah they tend to wear down quick and aren't very high quality for most models. They are the "standard" but other mice are better than the standard.

idk why?

I owned the 1700X on launch, i.e. before Intel got into the "moar coars" game to compete with AMD. Not about money, it's about what I'm getting for the money. If the 9900k is just a 5% upgrade but with double the heat output AND double the power consumption, I consider that a terrible trade off.

I'll do what said. Wait and see what 7nm brings. If it's a flop, I'll get whatever Intel's big dick CPU is then.

considering u are running 1440p it's gonna be less than say 1080p cpu limited gayming. where intel could be 30-50% ish something faster in those limited scenarios

id wait for zen2 for final verdict since u alreayd have a decent system, then upgrade to ryzen 3 or switch to incel if it makes sense

The video volume is not comparable, you can clearly see the silverstone one is raised much more than noctua one

Yeah I don't really care about maintaining 165fps AT ALL TIMES. This is more of making up for shitty optimized games with strong single core. The 1700X really shines in properly threaded games. Hell I'm getting 120+ FPS in Apex Legends on ultra.

Anyone have used this Thermalright SilverArrow TR4 Cooler on a TR4 CPU? How well does it perform compared to the Dark Rock Pro 4 and Noctua NH-U14S?
It says the SilverArrow can handle 330 TDP which is significantly more overclocking headroom than the other coolers but I can't find reviews comparing it to the other coolers.

Attached: 1546933838494.png (500x500, 391K)

>The video volume is not comparable
???
>you can clearly see the silverstone one is raised much more than noctua one
??? Based on what?
That channel has all the fans tested the same way and even tells you use the same volume level when comparing different fans on said channel.

DBA is lower on the fan means its clearly better than the noctua.

With a 2080Ti in 1440p, you can see quite a lot of difference between the 1700X and 9700k. I think it is as much as 50% in a handful cases. But more often like.. 20-25%?
2080Ti is quite a bit over the 1080Ti. With a 1080Ti at 1440p, yeah you didn't really see a difference between the 7700k and Ryzen.

Also 1700X to 2700X was a big jump when you factor in PBO and BCLK OC bringing it up to over 4.5GHz compared to the 3.8-4GHz of a 1700X. That's a 15% difference there. Plus the lower memory latency tends to give it another 10% FPS in games clock-for-clock over ryzen 1.
Not worth it to upgrade, but just when you consider how the 2700X does to the 9700k, the 1700X is signicantly worse.
Then again, *all* reviewers are too retarded and paid off by Intel to do proper benchmarks where the 2700X has a BCLK OC and PBO enabled.

>but 9700k isn't 9900k
same shit in games. HT is a security risk, anyway.

But yeah what was said earlier:
Wait for Zen 2. You'll see benchmarks of the 3800X vs 9700k when it comes out. Should be ones at 1440p, too.
Clock speeds look good, IPC looks good, but a lot is going to come down to memory latency.
With the 32Mb of cache, there will likely be situations where in some games it gets massive jumps but in others it doesn't without greatly improved memory latency as well. There is actually the potential that memory latency is worse, and that's why they gave it so much cache. Or it could be that both are improved and it BTFOs. Have to wait and see.

I am not sure if you are the moron, or if you are some other guy making sarcastic comment.

How dare you not recommend the 1070ti for 1080p OP. I can't hit a stable 160hz refresh rate in prey without having to put on medium and high settings

im your mum, user go kys already niggerfaggot

I can't tell if you're retarded, trolling, or both.

>PBO and BCLK OC bringing it up to over 4.5GHz
this has to be a rare scenario with golden chips
4.2 all core ocs and 4.0 stock all core boosts should be more accurate would it not

Wrong.
4.5 only takes a 1.034 BCLK which every chip achieves. Or virtually every chip; I've never heard of anyone failing to at least do 1.035, it's just that most everyone doesn't even try because they don't know what they're doing or board doesn't support it. "Golden" chips go over 1.04. Max is 4.563 GHz. 4.524 is really typical. On 2 cores. All core is then in the high 4.2 or low 4.3 range.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about when you're citing results for old fashioned OCs.
4.2 is an underclock. Stock is 4.35.

Attached: bclk2.png (500x616, 80K)

Redpill me on AIOs. Thinking of getting the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum for my all huwhite build.

>Haven't owned a console since the 1st gen xbox / gamecube.
>Have played only a handful of games in the meantime
>Want to play Fallout 3 / New Vegas with mods to make them look more modern
>Would like try fallout 4 eventually (will probably mod that as well, though not the graphics necessarily)

I'm sure pic related will be sufficient, but would opting for the ryzen 5 2400g APU also work?

Again, I have no current plans to play any contemporary AAA games but if that were to change, upgrading the CPU / GPU / possibly PSU at that point would be more doable since it wouldn't be a build from scratch.

Attached: build.png (1150x644, 104K)

Weird...my 2700x crashes at 4.2 at 1.4v and get's up to 85c with a D15. I think you're a liar.

OH NO NO NO INTEL WINS BY 2 FRAMES PER SECOND AYYMD FINISHED AND BANKRUPTt!!11
Your build is much much better than a 2400g, which is basically on the same level as an RX550 / GT 1030, occasionally better with proper ram and shit.
For what you're doing, though, yes, those will all run those games, I know because I played fallout 3 on a nvidia gt 9400 i bought at best buy in like 2008...
and fallout 4 runs on consoles weaker than those things (at 720p/1080p low

>On 2 cores
thats what i mean.... who would care about 2 core boosts 200mhz extra

>You clearly don't know what you're talking about
ive seen this all before

>4.2 is an underclock
not all core oc no

>Stock is 4.35.
not all core

Is pairing 2600x with RTX 2080 a bad idea, will it bottleneck much?

Assuming I don't want to upgrade to win 10, what are my choices for a motherboard that can use a i7 8/9700?

buying a 2080 is a bad idea in itself

Reverse image search reveals nothing, user is a pathetic AMD shill.

how good is the fractal r6 at suppressing hdd noise?

then what else should I buy if i want to 1440p?

Yeah pretty much, clock speeds on that chip are to low to deal with that card.

yes

It taps 4.35 for a split second, It's not all core and it doesn't stay there for long, if it did you would overheat and crash.

Don't listen to that idiot, it's optimal for 1440p

The only HDDs that make noise worth bothering about are WD Blacks and anything by Toshiba. The former are stupidly overpriced, the latter are garbage. Don't buy either and you won't have noise to deal with.

t. nvidia marketing team

wrong, fitting 11 hard drives and saturating all the R6's 3 1/2 inch bays will make a lot of noise with 7200 RPM hard drives.

AMD can't compete with Intel so they use their money for shills instead because they don't sell.

And intel loses by 8 in another game. And that's only with a 102 BCLK. 104 is generally achievable.
>not all core oc no
Games don't usually use all cores. So it's common to be leaning toward the 2 core boost with them.
>thats what i mean.... who would care about 2 core boosts 200mhz extra
The all core is higher too, you tard. It's 4.274 GHz at 1.04 BCLK and 4.307 at 1.048 BCLK
4.274 is higher than 4.2. Seems I have to spell that out clearly for you since you clearly missed that already being mentioned in And a BCLK OC speeds up other aspects of the chip so clock-for-clock it's faster.
Came up fine for me. You're just shit at everything.
>PBO isn't fair! Doesn't count!
>but MCM is okay!!! it's fine that it's enabled by default and reviewers have it enabled in their benchmarks without disclosing it while not using PBO!!!
Imagine being so much of a dumb shill and to actually post what you posted

At 1440p, no.
But yeah spending like $850 on a GPU that's only 30% faster than a $500 GPU is a pretty bad idea to begin with like said.

And I'm guessing I would need to upgrade my PSU since 550W prolly won't be enough

Is a Ryzen 5 2600 a good replacement for an FX-8350? Will it be able to run new games well if I also have a decent graphics card?

Attached: 1553206399915.jpg (622x720, 88K)

>7200rpm
Then go 5400 or use Seagate, their 7200rpm drives are practically silent.

I would get 650w just to be safe, 2080 is pretty powerful.

Imagine shilling for inferior hardware.

so is bclk and pbo stable or not now
last i checked it didnt even seem reliable, check buildzoid etc
so seemed 4.2 all core was the general max

That's pretty much all you're going to get for all core, any higher will crash and get up to 100c

WTF AMDBROS, WHY ARE WE STILL LOOSING??? WE MUST SHILL HARDER FOR CHINA!!11!

Attached: 1536402285611.jpg (568x612, 66K)

Jesus Christ what a retard.

Attached: 2ldenj.jpg (640x845, 108K)

I'm planning on getting a Ryzen, so this means I'll need an AM4 motherboard, do I need to seriously look into the different AM4 motherboards or just go with whichever one is the cheapest? What's the difference between a Gigabyte B450M DS3H and an ASUS Prime B450M-A?

Attached: 1553066377398.jpg (691x624, 46K)

>this has to be a rare scenario with golden chips
Wont stop retards pushing 1.6V on their CPU to get to it though.

>Games don't usually use all cores. So it's common to be leaning toward the 2 core boost with them.
OH NO NO NO NO BROS! WHAT DO WE DO?!
The amd shill that tells everybody they need at least 8 threads, PLZ buy ryzen moar coars tech, is not saying games don't usually use all cores and 2 core boost is a significant thing

I love it we came full circle YET AGAIN with amd shilling.
More cores matters! you need to buy more cores for your games!
then
All core boost doesn't matter, look at this 2 core boost thats all games need anyway!

>UP NEXT, power consumption matters when comparing AMD cpus vs intel CPUS, but completely doesn't matter when comparing AMD GPUs vs NVidia GPUs!

just go for a decent/upper tier b450 like a tomhawk and u will be fine

That....actually makes a lot of sense.
R&D costs millions and takes time, so it's much easier to just pay some faggots to shill sites 24/7

The price hike is the only reason not to recommend it, but you recommend it for 1440p, while there are plenty of use cases for using the 1070ti for 1080

I know Vega 64's are kinda shit but is it worth getting used one for $400 as a budget 4k option?

>kickbacks from referral links
I certainly don't get anything, retard. PCpartpicker probably gets 1/10th of cent. You're just flailing around, screaming about the Jews because you don't have any valid complaints about the builds. The only reason you remove them is because they aren't AMD enough, despite all the builds using AM4 as the platform

Boys, whats the upgrade path here? This guy is approaching 5 years now and I can afford to upgrade it piece by piece now that im not a NEET anymore.

Budget: Infinite really, I can save money for expensive stuff but I still wanna keep it mid range. Lets say im aiming for a 1660 TI, any pieces that complement it well without being too expensive would be nice.

Use: 1080p gaming on highest/second highest settings with 60 minimum fps.

Attached: Screenshot_20190322-153519_Firefox.jpg (1080x1920, 364K)

>it's only a list of secure CPUs
Weird, because you listed a bunch of AMD CPUs, glowie
>Moreover, researchers also claimed to have found two exploitable manufacturer backdoors inside Ryzen chipset that could allow attackers to inject malicious code inside the chip.
thehackernews.com/2018/03/amd-processor-vulnerabilities.html

I forgot to mention that I like to do video editing as well.

The guy is literally retarded. Typical poor AMDrone for you, On top of that he literally thinks 4.5 on a 2700X is a normal overclock, And you thought the 9900K was bad at temps try pushing any AMD chip past 4.3 all core. It would be hotter than a fucking 7980XE

Well if it's infinite, Try a 2990WX. 64 threads and the price is right. If you want some gaming in the mix, Try a 9900K.

i7 4770 or 4790, GTX 1660, 1660Ti, or RTX 2060
RAM can stay or you can buy another 2x 4GB of the same speed and timings

No, a used 1080Ti would probably be a better option, depending on pricing

You want decent VRMs with cooling if you're ever planning to upgrade to a chip with more than eight cores

Yes, the R5 2600 is a great chip

Check benchmarks for FO4; I don't remember whether Ryzen can hit a stable 60FPS with shadows on High. Gamebryo is a shit engine

Nice, love it when you post graphics limited benchmarks to make Ryzen look better

I'm pretty sure gaming is the only use here? You're using cannons where a pistol would be enough, even a 9900k seems excessive.

>1070ti for 1080p
The 2060 is there and it's just as good, retard. Not like this OP is worth much in general though

>recommending the RX 590 for 1440p
>recommending the 590 at all
Just fucking kill yourself.

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813157840
I have this motherboard since I thought it would let me save money for bluetooth and wifi. Problem is, the wifi card has one bar of signal (if lucky). Should I install a wifi card or get a wifi extender?