Unpopular opinions thread, get in here and confess

unpopular opinions thread, get in here and confess

i'll start: i love chiclet keyboards, especially the one on my thinkpad

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-t440p-overhead-keyboard-2.jpg (1060x596, 186K)

Manjaro and KDE is good.

Attached: 1483349826640.jpg (1211x790, 91K)

The thinkpad chiclet kb is honestly not a bad chiclet keyboard. Of course the classic feels nicer but the real problem with the chiclet is the layout.

i3 is not a terrible window manager. Gaps are dumb though.

I've given over to the botnet. I don't go out of my way to register with my facebook or google account and I don't post on social media. But I can't not use the Internet or my phone. And every privacy feature other than ublock leads to a very noticeable drop in useability and convenience that I'm not willing to suffer

I love Deepin

same actually. Least retarded DE I've experienced

No need to confess when you're right.

Attached: 7974646383_d3af5bc6ae_o.png (1920x1080, 759K)

but user that's not an unpopular opinion, it's just a shit overused bait opinion

every OS is garbage

It's not that they are bad just good compared to what the original keyboards were.

I don't use the nipple on the thinkpad and I hate it

There is nothing significantly wrong with using Ubuntu as a daily driver other than it doesn't make you feel like a unique 1337 H4X0R

>every OS is garbage
Agreed.
My most unpopular opinions here are that Windows 10 is the least bad of those operating systems and that Windows Phone 8.2 was less bad than Android or iOS ever have been.

>every OS is garbage
that's not an opinion, that's just straight up fact
there is not a single OS on the market (both desktop and mobile) that's not shit
>windows
buggy, looks like shit, botnet
>linux
no software
>macOS
more software, but it's dumbed down for normies and only works with shit hardware
>Android
for one cool feature google adds in new versions, they fuck up two, also botnet unless you go gapps-less, but that makes your smartphone a featurephone, supported for 2 years max
>iOS
locked down to hell, UI is kind of shit, and like macOS it only comes with shit hardware.

Ballmer did nothing wrong.

Attached: basket ballmer.jpg (202x550, 39K)

same, used it for half a year
only reatrd purist hate on deepin

i fucking hate think pads you guys forced me to but this piece of shit, why is there a rubber dit in the middle wtf

I love Flash

Macs are pretty cool. I bought one of these for $50, spent $200 on an SSD, 16gb of ram, and an RX460. Ended up faster than my current pc.

It also made me realize why macfags exist. It's built like a tank. Not one piece of plastic on the exterior and the case doesn't flex at all. Also, it's quiet considering that it's 10 years old.

I give it an 8/10. The original hard drive died and one of the front fans chirp at high load, so Apple is still kind of on my shitlist.

Attached: mac-pro-2012-install.jpg (560x510, 32K)

>no software
this isn't an argument for why an os is shit, but an argument for why software developers are shit. try again

Thinkpad's (especially any Lenovo models post 2010) are horrendously overvalued by this board in general. You're better off getting an older Dell or HP if you want an older workstation model, since the W540/W541 is outcompeted by the M6800 or the w8770. They're not bad laptops, but they have too much of a cargo cult surrounding them.

Also, macOS is actually really decent outside of a few obvious gaffes. It has:
>An almost fully usable UNIX environment. A lot of things that compile and run on Linux/BSD run just fine on it, so I don't have to jump through hoops to get ssh or basic administrative tasks working like in windows.
>Just werks, as in while shit's locked down for the normies, I don't have to spend time hunting down config files or tweaking everything to get it just right like I do on some babysitter distro.
>Has enough proprietary software to where you can manage to be productive IRL without having to jump through hoops or explain to people in the office why what you're using looks like it came from 2004.

If it wasn't for the fact that Apple was completely up their ass about their normie products and either actually offered something like the older Mac Pro with some actual expandability instead of ghettorigging something through a dongle, or made some version of their OS available on other PC's, Jow Forums would have slightly less of a hate boner for them.

Everything about their default hardware being overpriced, underperforming crap is true though.

Only tangentially related to technology, but the Epic Games store is better for PC games than Steam.

When I buy games I want my fucking money to go to the people actually developing them, not some glorified CDN. I don't give a fuck about steam features 90% of which is bloatware anyway.

Valve has stagnated over the years and they regularly fuck over small indies making actually decent games. All the bullshit about Epic Games selling user data is made up bullshit with no genuine substantiation.

Anyone who unironically calls Steam a good platform is brainlet.

legitimately the best and largest growing distro out there rn

I quite like the T450 machines.

Fucking chink go shill elsewhere

Touchpad clickers on top is an affront to god. The clit mouse is a meme.

How does that make me a chink shill, lol? Epic Games is an American Company and majority owned by Tim Sweeny.

I just want developers to get paid for the software they make.

That's the kind of thing I'd like to do, bring life back to older electronics and use/sell them.

>this faggot can't even encrypt his hard drive

Linux Mint is a choice Linux distro.

And also bait. There's plenty of software normies are just angry that Adobe jew suite isn't on Linux.